Has anarchism ever been tried as a form of official government? If so, what were the consequences?

Has anarchism ever been tried as a form of official government? If so, what were the consequences?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homage_to_Catalonia
youtube.com/watch?v=I0XhRnJz8fU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anarchism is a meme.

True feudalism has never been tried.

Totally they didn’t

Libertalia, if you believe it existed

Ukraine, Catalonia, Pol Pot

>anarchism
>official form of government

Though
Ukranian free territories
Anarchist catalonia
Rojava

Off the top of my head

I am totally sure that Catalonia never had an anarquist government in history

>Catalonia
Just no, it was minor zones and certainly not official.

>Pol Pot
Communist.

You are totally wrong

[citation needed]

Anarchism is the Ideology of a power vacuum. Power vacuums lead to ambition and greed of few, wich then slaughter to achieve everything other than Anarchism.

>le libertalia meme

>Official government
>Anarchist
Sort of contradictory

How do you get that big of a fish into that boat by yourself?

Gumlau villages. Rojava, Catalonia

It was not official but it was de facto what was happening

I guess it could be considered the purist form of self-government

Telekinesis.

Supposedly both Iceland and Ireland had periods of anarchy in the Middle Ages. One could theoretically switch clan membership, effectively creating a "market" for things like defense, law, etc.

>Has anarchism ever been tried as a form of official government
Its the natural state without government. An anarchist government can't exist.

> what were the consequences?
ass fuckings

>One could theoretically switch clan membership, effectively creating a "market" for things like defense, law, etc.
Can you explain further? This isn't the impression I've gotten from reading about Brehon laws and early medieval Irish society. Especially the part about switching clans:

>The law-texts distinguish between the deorad 'outsider' and the aurrad 'person of legal standing within the túath'. The rights of the outsider are very restricted, unless he is a deorad Dé - i.e. a hermit [...]
>There are many references to the ambue, the literal meaning of which seems to be 'non-person'. Heptad 16 states that it is not a legal offence to avoid payment of a body-fine for an ambue. This would mean that an ambue can be killed or injured with impunity, so it is clear that this type of outsider has not come from a túath with which there is a treaty. Because of his lack of status, the ambue cannot get anyone to act as a valid surety for him or to give a valid pledge on his behalf. He is thus excluded from normal legal agreements and remedies.

The same book I'm quoting from refers to early Irish society as "hierarchical and inegalitarian".

Not him, but he is right. Orwell wrote about it
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homage_to_Catalonia
youtube.com/watch?v=I0XhRnJz8fU
This is a rather nice to watch docu about it.

Anarchism opposes the state. A government is any kind of organization of society and anarchism of course is not against that.

Sauce on the book please lad. I need that Gaelic superiority.

Yes. Catalonia and Ukraine.
Both were disorganised shitholes and were crushed embarrassingly easy by a hostile force.

>being so backwards and dumb that you fail to establish a proper state until the middle ages
>superiority

>were crushed embarrassingly easy by a hostile force.

Is this essentially the fate of any Anarchist states? I mean unless you have an island continent like Australia where no one can fuck with you, how can an Anarchist state survive long enough to figure out an effective way to fight a hostile, organized force? Would something like an organized, professional military even exist in an Anarchist state?

Makhno had an organized military, albeit not professional... however the Red Army ASSRAPED them with superior numbers and by taking control of the railroads