Most significant historical event of our lifetimes?

Most significant historical event of our lifetimes?

Probably the rise of the Islamic State, given the post quality around here.

election of Pope Francis

>The pope
>Important

Niggah, you can't even tell me who the pope was during Napoleon's reign, and that guy was actively involved in European/world politics at the time. So much so that he got kidnapped by Napoleon. What makes you think the current pope matters if even more important popes from the past aren't remembered as significant historical figures.

first Jesuit to become Emperor

also, he asked of historical events within our lifes
how old are you boner?

I am not allowed to answer this without breaking the 25 year rule. Ask me again the 28th of january.

The suicide of Kurt Cobain prevented rock from ever getting to the levels of popularity it had.

Nothing compares to this.

Probably the counterrevolution in the USSR and Eastern Europe, at least for me. Youngfags might legitimately have 9/11.

Why is the great recession more important than 9/11?

Happened before my time.

911 was more historically important than the fall of the berlin wall. But the fall of the USSR and communism is bigger than 9/11 I think

Here we call the fall of the USSR the Fall of The Wall, since it started with this event.

base poo-land

collapse of rhodesia

the world doesn't have enough resources to support the sub-humans increasing in consumption and numbers.

Xi Jinping becomes the most powerful man in the world, USA loses its dominant position in favor of China.

God I can't wait for China to destroy the wh*Te subhumans

>of our lifetimes
This is nu-Veeky Forums, half this board probably weren't alive or were too young to remember it.

Fall of communism in Eastern Europe/Russia is more significant, I think.

>For the purpose of determining what is history, please do not start threads about events taking place less than 25 years ago.

then youre an idiot (assuming youre black and that this post is unironic) because chinese people hate black people even more so AND they have no sort of white guilt to restrain that racism that blacks can exploit