Why were these weaklings invaded so many times? Even the Scottish and Irish put up better fights than these people

Why were these weaklings invaded so many times? Even the Scottish and Irish put up better fights than these people.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560614/The-1688-invasion-Britain-thats-erased-history.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Js8wntdk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Whom do you mean?

The English have been invaded by only the Normans and Vikings.
The Scots are Irish, and the Irish were invaded by Vikings, Normans, and ultimately the English.

>The English have been invaded by only the Normans and Vikings.

The English did not exist in Roman times, you utter mong.

You know where the Angles come from, right?

Southern Britons then you brainlets

>confuses English with British
>calls others brainlets

The Roman invasion of Britain is a complex subject, user. Your obvious stupidity would prevent you from understanding it fully.

>the english
>the vikings
>whom
yikes i cant wait til winter break ends

Haven't used the term English or British once in this thread, nice try brainlet. Or are you talking about the filename? It's simply to outline a geographical region.

'Whom' is correct there. The 'English', 'Vikings', and 'Britons' are all well-accepted and separate terms, son.

Come back when you pass elementary school history, and English.

And the dutch

>posts a picture showing the modern borders of England, with the label "England" and the file name England.jpg
>OP says "these people"
>N..no, I clearly mean something other, undefined people

The Dutch have never invaded England.

Not really an invasion when they're invited in and arrive and take the throne without a shot being fired.

Oh, yes, the Glorious Revolution. When England *invited* the Dutch Protestant king.

You clearly made a distinction between Scots, Irish (wrong already right here), and "the weaklings that were invaded"

Either you mean brittons where which you shouldn't make the distinction or English, where you can make the distinction but which makes you wrong on many other levels

Conclusion? I think you should go back to /pol/

That's not what happened.

>hasn't been invaded since 1066

Oh you actually are a brainlet. Let's say the area south of Hadrian's wall.

Then please, educate us as to what really happened?

>that spacing and wording

>posts a picture of England while asking about "the people"
>but doesn't actually want to talk about the English
>insists others are the brainlets

The absolute state...

Hadrian's Wall wouldn't have been there, unless these 'weaklings' were invaded.

You've tied yourself into a knot here. Best to delete this thread. And yourself.

Literally what happened: a Dutch king was preferable to a Catholic.

>one space between paragraphs/sentences
>reddit

For fucks sake.

Never once used the term English

>Hadrian's Wall wouldn't have been there, unless these 'weaklings' were invaded.
??????

>posts a picture of England
>"these people"

So who did you mean then?

The people who lived in that area

So the English?

Let's go with that

Then this is still the first, and correct, answer.

Is this memes? Is this merely an act?

How?

You posted a picture of England, then confirmed that you wished to speak about the people who inhabit that area, then still refuse to acknowledge that the English have been invaded only by Vikings and Normans.

The Romans never invaded the English, as they didn't yet exist.

England hasn't been successfully invaded in nearly 1000 years, meanwhile England has invaded nearly every nation upon this earth, ask yourself now who the real weaklings are.

Incoming pajeet hate

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-560614/The-1688-invasion-Britain-thats-erased-history.html

He's probably going to post some meme shit about how Henry II showing up to collect the crown his mother won for him, totally counts as a full on French invasion and conquest.

The Daily Mail is not a reputable source. At all.

Next time I make this shitposting thread, on the map I'll be sure to replace the word "England" with "This Area" so brainlets don't sperg out.

Read the article, imbecile

>calls it an invasion
>literally invited
>England has larger GDP, navy and population
>no one dies
>England becomes most powerful seafaring nation while Holland falls to obscurity
Yeah i can totally see how the dutch did what Hitler, the Spanish and Napoleon failed to accomplish

>daily mail
>there was no army or militia to offer any resistance, just a few quizzical West Countrymen and women
>It was the weather, the rain turning the roads to mud, rather than any active resistance that slowed him down.
>Supporters did not flock to join him as he had been promised. But there was no opposition either.

Oh yeah, truly another harrying of the north!

Just say you don't want to. Lel

You realize most English/Britons have Celtic blood, right?

>you're a brainlet if you aren't psychic and able to detect who the OP is talking about after posting a picture of a specific group of people and asking questions about "these people" but then doesn't actually want to talk about those people

Even if you put "this area" we'd still be talking about the English, because that is a map of modern England you utter spastic.

> complains about actual history on a history board

I'm not reading the Daily fucking Mail.

Your problem, not mine

Don't want to what?

Since you're a fucking retard who doesn't know the difference between Britons and English, lets change it to
>The Britons have been invaded by only the Romans and Saxons.
Still a whopping 2 times.
>b-but the Caledonians
Got blown out by the Romans just as badly, they just didn't capitalize on their victories.

Here sweetie Again, never once said English.

Wikipedia: "William ordered that any Anglo-Dutch fleet be under English command, with the Dutch navy having 60% of the strength of the English."
Imagine being cucked this hard.

>It was merely an act

Quote me

>Southern Britons

So invaded only twice, by Romans and Saxons, just like he said?

>Vikings, Normans

>Britons

>Map area

>I didn't actually say the word "English"so it should be clear I'm not talking about the English, after holding up a picture of England, marked explicitly as England and referring to "these people"

Got any more cool new reaction images?

>Britons no longer exist in map area shown after the English arrive

We've covered this sweetie >Got any more cool new reaction images?
Only for cute redditors like you

You absolute sperglord

>the Irish
>actually resisting an invasion, ever

>implying

They're naturally submissive. Then again all countries are naturally submissive in the face of the threat of English Invasion.

Who are these people?

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Js8wntdk4

>this area

Modern England and the people in it, the English?

Protip: there are areas of the a highlighted area that were once inhabited by Scots and the Cornish.

Man I hate France. England should never have given up the Angevin Empire.

I'll be sure to make the border more conservative
also
>reddit spacing

>implying Welsh isn't an English word that means foreigner
>implying they dont call themselves the Cymry

Then England would probably be part of France today. The nobles fighting the 100 years war all spoke French.

>one space between sentences/paragraphs
>reddit spacing

Seriously consider drinking bleach.

>all

Yeah, the guys fighting at Crecy were exactly like those at Castillon, right?

Good job reading my post that said nobles

>reddit spacing
yikes

Parts of France were ruled by English kings. Calling them French would be an insult especially considering the nationalistic sentiment brought out by the Hundred years war. I will concede though that the Angevin empire wasn't really English, although neither was it French. England was it's most important and firmly held territory with most of the kings being born there. You also have to remember that they spoke a different language back then and much of the English language is derived from french

Nobles did the fighting too user...

>is obsessed with reddit spacing
>doesn't actually know what it is

The absolute state...

Friendly reminder that English were repeatedly conquered by the FRENCH. I repeat English were conquered the FRENCH.

America speaks English. Are they all still English?

>invaded

>we vikings come to trade
>*raids and sets up settlements*
>*gets totally obliterated by angry farmers*

>normans
>invade
>subdue the land by hiding in castles and only leaving to return to Normandy or go on Crusade (putting as much distance between you and the angry saxon as possible)
>English cuck you out of your own langauge and take your women giving them the superior R1b U106 type (Saxon Haplotype)
OH BRITANNIA

>repeatedly

Are you the guy who insists Henry II arriving to pick his shiny new crown his mummy got for him, is a conquest?

*Laughs in Agincourt*
*Chuckles in Crecy*
*Guffaws in Poitiers*
*Sniggers in Angevin empire*

I'm not him, but he is right

-----------H-----------
-----------C-----------
-----------N-----------
-----------E-----------
-----------R-----------
HCNERFRENCH
-----------R-----------
-----------E-----------
-----------N-----------
-----------C-----------
-----------H-----------

So you'll have no problem explaining how it was a conquest then?

Someone delete this shitshow of a thread. OP has made a mess of it

Someone who rules over the land of a people with whom he shares no blood ties is a conquest.

Actually his ancestors were also kings of England and he inherited the throne. Plus the fact that by that time the Normans had already integrated into English society by intermarrying to produce Anglo-Normans.

His mother was English...

>Someone who rules over the land of a people with whom he shares no blood ties* is a conquest.

Ooops

I forgot the clause :

*This does not work for the Anglos because they are insufferably arrogant and played a key role in the Potatoe Holocaust.

That's a whole lot of words to say nothing at all.

It's the Irish's fault for being so damn lazy

They'll also ignore the fact that to be in a position of power in Angevin England you had to be able to speak English

>ignoring that bongistan is being overrun by pakis