Does Christian theology explain why God wanted to create anything?

Does Christian theology explain why God wanted to create anything?

No

>he works in mysterious ways

he apparently got bored
which doesn't really make sense for a being that had already lived a literal infinite amount of time before that

"& humanities" is actually a meme and not part of this board.

If he created us in his image doesn't that mean that God gets bored as well and likes to experiment or just mess about to see what happens? Or is it just the purely physical image

Well, he created us in his image, and humans desire family and companionship, so maybe that's why he created us.

Because it was good.

I think it means God created created us in his image as that people are inerently good (besides original sin which was created by Adam & Eve) and have compassionate souls. There are passages in Genesis that imply that people became less and less in the image of God over the generations.

Gods been dicking around for eons creating planets and galaxies and life. It's like the most epic game of sims ever to him. We were his favorite for a while, but he's probably got something way cooler running now.

There are schools of thought that say God isn’t bound by time.

how do you get bored if you aren't bound by time?

Bored probably isn’t the best word. Lonely might be better?

For His own glory, as I imagine I would do, too, if I were a god. Creating shit is awesome.

I wish he did a better job

People create for the simple enjoyment of creating. We are made in his image.

I don't know if a perfect being should feel loneliness that implies he's lacking something

Because creation is good and God is omnibenevolent so that is just sort of what He does.

So after this one ends, He's going to keep creating more universes or does he only do it once?

Let's see you create the plague, Mr. Expert.

Does any religion explain why the world was created? With monotheistic ones it seems to be "Just because", with pagan ones it seems to be no reason.

Is there something wrong with me. I personally think of Nothing as perfect. And creation as a sundering of that perfection

No it seems like no religion really explains why in a satisfactory way. Even science really doesn't explain why something exits rather then nothing

Because of Love.