Ancient Cheeseburgers

If you went back and gave a Roman a cheeseburger, do you think he'd like it? What about Napoleon?
Or a caveman?
Medieval peasants?
Is it a western thing? Would the Chinese like em?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopolium
youtube.com/watch?v=9-zGMAOsgYo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everybody loves cheeseburgers
t. Hamburger master race

they'd probably hate it. The cheese and beef would be too processed and alien to them. Medieval peasants would eat it up anyway since you're giving it to them for free

Chinese have had similar food for millenia.
But the idea of a Roman eating a cheeseburger makes me chuckle.

I like this, someone smart answer.

[eagle screech in distance]

honestly, if you brought them a mcdonald's cheeseburger they'd probably become addicted to the rush of salt and sugar just like we are today.
t. amerigan

But what if it's an ARTISANAL cheeseburger?

>Confucius say, man who sit on toilet to pee, makes a yellow cheeseburger

There's nothing weird about bread, meat, and cheese. They might think it's odd you put them together that way, but they'd probably just think "I guess that's how they do it in user's village."

I don't think they'd recognise them as cheese and beef, due to how processed it would be

It's bread beef and cheese, any culture knowing these wouldn't find it strange at all.
See
It's made that way for a reason user.

They become an American.

Yeah that's a good question.

Napoleon would execute you on the spot for offering him strange food and speaking English.

>bread, meat, and cheese
Even by my standards this is not bread, meat and cheese, imagine the perplexity of a Roman...

The neolithic niggas and Chinks would almost certainly be lactose intolerant.

Other than that, I can't imagine they'd treat it that differently than a regular meat dish.

>Those strange foreigners make some really strange bread, meat and cheese

>I really like it, though
>I want more

This. They'd probably think the patty was just some sort of foreign sausage filling.

That's how my 5 year old self reacted.

>user, as the emperor of rome i demand you tell us the process you used to create this... delicacy or lead us of the location of your homeland so we may get the information there

Finally a time travel idea that’s fresh (literally) and original and not just a contest to come up with the most outrageous way to sexually abuse teenage Holocaust victims.

Here’s a tasty cheeseburger as my contribution to the thread.

God fucking damnit, I hate my phone.

What would they do if you gave them a coke.

>the mystical formula of kraft singles is forbidden knowledge

Why are you having a bowl of ketchup for supper

>ywn live in the timeline where Roman Emperor statues were wearing the laurels and holding a double cheeseburger.

>if you went back and gave a Roman 1/4 of their daily caloric intake in the form of a meal that fits in their hand, do you think he'd like it
i dunno lol

A can would probably have more sugar than they could obtain in a month, so I think they would like it

What if you went back to roman times and gave them militant veganism

They'd probably hate how sweet and carbonated it is. Then it would probably turn into a very trendy drink in the empire for the wealthier citizens.

Veganism would be outlawed.

Because it's the closest to my seat and I totally didn't move it for the sake of getting a good photo?

Most Romans were vegan by default

How would they perceive sparkling water?

Beer is naturally carbonated. Not as much as the normal stuff you get in a bar, mind you, but still noticeably bubbly.

Would it be seen as a "woman's beer" then or something?

Only Napoleon would know what the fuck is the mysterious red sauce in the burger.

Why ever would you think that?

Romans did not like beer enough to form that sort of opinion.

Ah, fair enough.

My history teacher once said that if you gave a hamburger to a medieval person, he would vomit it out, because his organism would be not used to all the chemicals put into modern food

Who the fuck doesn’t like cheeseburgers that’s the first question you’ve got to ask, and asking it is answering it, namely soyboys and faggots. There weren’t any in Ancient Rome.

What was the strongest (on terms of alcohol content) beverage romans drank on a common basis?

What if u gave a roman bare ket?

I doubt medieval people had organisms to begin with.

Your professor sounds like a male feminist hipster faggot.

What if romans had invented Four Loko?

The idea of a 1950s americana inspired roman burger joint is funny and also makes me imagine what grease would be like if it was in roman times lmao

Fortified wine

Probably wine derived from raisins, since that's the sweetest you can get grapes before putting them through fermentation. Modern raisin wines can be 20%, though it's uncommon to see that.

>tell me more tell me more did her pater consent

Teachers should be forbidden by law to speak about topics they aren't trained for.

They'd end up all looking like this

>Mediterranean
>vegan

Italy itself is practically all coast user.

would take-out from the local city wok be too rich for ancient Chinese peasants?

fish is a vegetable tho

The dark ages would have been real, and would have lasted much longer.

Wok cuisine is literally peasant tier.

It was invented by peasants who just tossed shit into a pot and ate whatever came out

They actually had fast food noodle joints.

>NBF knows and dines with Spider-Man
Big if true.

The modern world is filled with superstimuli, including our food. They would think it was pretty damn good.

they would
cheeseburger is not an acquired taste. it's so simple, anyone could like it. even a processed mcdonalds one would still be delicious

Forget a cheeseburger.
What if you went back and gave Napoleon one of these?

I love everything about this

They'd probably try to use a fork and knife like barbarians though

If it's for sale, the Chinese peasants couldn't afford it

Way too much sugar for them.

You could probably give a cheeseburger to some isolated backwards tribe in Africa and they would react pretty similar to how medieval peasents or Romans would to it.

Wait so let me get this picture straight
>Be out eating dinner with family
>browsing Veeky Forums on phone while no one is looking
>see good thread on Veeky Forums
>take a picture of your food while the waitress is talking to your brother/son who's in a spiderman costume at a restaurant
>post it

I feel like he doesn't have enough evidence or expertise to claim that

kek

wait what?
explain pls

>people think americans invented burgers
>people think americans invented hot dogs

Excavations of Pompei found that there were a ton of little hole in the wall noodle shops that sold little bowls of noodles and other premade, cheap meals.

Article vaguely related

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermopolium

>Non-americans thinking their existence matters.

>user unknowingly causes another age of Roman expansion by telling the emperor about America

Tbh legionaries of Caesar times and before subsisted on mostly grain, beans and posca. Meat was such an irregularity to them that they considered having part of their grain rations supplemented by meat a punishment.

>yfw the Roman colonies in America rebel against the tyranny of the emperor and proclaim a republic
>yfw America gets started in the 200s AD
>yfw Northern Europeans are the niggers of America in this timeline because of all the celtic slaves

To them that cheesburger would look like those weird colorful things they always eat in the original Star Trek.

This is a wonderful thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=9-zGMAOsgYo
unless they're already familiar with the concept of sandwiches they'll have to work out how to eat it first.

Grassia, staring Ioannes Travolta and Oliva Neapolis-Ioannes

Counts are the only thing that have been eaten throughout time and people always like.

>things you gonna read on an american imageboard

Im confused, why the fuck is the burger off to the side?

>Medieval peasants?
they would cut slices and make it last for a month

tbf meat rations would usually mean super-cured meat that would break your teeth if you didn't soak it properly

That’s wicked interesting man

the greasiness from this food will cause great pleasure in them, they will ask for more.

Achewood once posited introducing the nacho to 17th-century Welshmen.

Do you think this is how they'd react?

Frankly I think the beef would fly but the bread wouldn't.

This, tbqh famalams, Romans were already apeshit for garum and drowned everything they shoved in their mouths with it.

^Bingo. Sweetbreads, etc. Chopped waste; that's why I think the beef would fly but the bleached bun wouldn't.

A militant vegan would have way less to bitch about as most of the Roman diet wasn't tied up in meat cuts, usually, and a lot of the industrial farming objections wouldn't be a thing.

Yup.

user, food is chemicals. Period. Your teacher is a tard. At least with the chemicals bit, but w/r/t flora I just sorta assume that for the purposes of this exercise it's a nonissue.

we modern humans are very similar to the ancient romans, i guess they might be reluctant at first but after some hungry dude eats it and enjoys it they're going to line up.

>there were no faggots in ancient Rome

I for one have never nibbled on a nobleman.

>since you're giving it to them for free
woah now, who said anything about that