Are abs legitimately 'made in the kitchen', or can I just run and do a fuckton of core?

Are abs legitimately 'made in the kitchen', or can I just run and do a fuckton of core?
What kinda diet can I be on that lets me put on muscle, but also lets my abs come out?

Other urls found in this thread:

beyondthebarbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/skinny-guy-abs.jpg
projectnext.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/6-pack-abs2.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you have to do crunches on your kitchen floor

read the sticky you fucking mongoloid

You can have really low bodyweight but you also need muscle mass. It's both: eating well makes it easier to have lower body weight and gets you faster results in muscle mass, and training your abs stimulates muscle growth so your abs stand out better.

I prefer planks in the grocery store, but to each their own

You have to actually grow your abdominal muscles AND be low enough bodyfat to be able to see them.

Abs are made in the gym AND the kitchen. I learned this the hard way by cutting down to 140 (I'm 5'11) and still not having abs

visible abs are made mostly in the kitchen because of BF, you also need to do exercises to make them visible.

Mostly it is diet as you need to watch more of what you eat

the sticky is wrong on this, this meme that you don't need to do core work to have ab definition is nonsense

OP, the main thing in terms of ab definition is low BF% - 12% roughly - but you also need to work them directly. You won't have abs at 20% bodyfat even if you have a really strong core, and likewise you won't have abs at 10% bodyfat if you have a really weak core

You don't have to do a whole lot of running or other form of cardio to get your body fat down, just control your diet properly. And yes, the core training is necessary.

Your core has nothing to do about your definition of abs.

You will have a visible six pack if you have 10% body fat no matter your core strength.

How else do a bunch of skinny 145 lb faggots have definition in their abs yet have a weak core and never exercise?

2016, still wants abs. Pff

It's only a meme if you don't actually lift. If your deadlifts and squats are sincere, you'll have visible abs, but if you're a self excusing DYEL, just diet won't cut it.

no that's a Veeky Forums meme on par with "just do starting strength"

abs are just like any other muscle group, you need to work them out for a balanced physique.

as far as the body fat % goes, eating your normal amount of food but adding in cardio is vastly superior to eating at a deficit.

being a former skeleton, I definitely had a a six pack, pathetic as it was when I never ate. Doing ab work just made it more six pack-y

you wouldn't have to ask that question if you actually squat and deadlift decent weight and do your cardio

what's your squat/deadlift at?

lol what shitty abs

Not OP but thanks user

dam this guy got sum crazy zigzag ab insertions

Planks + Lsits (+ Dragon Flags) + Diet

Enjoy your abs

I got abs without any diet or cardio. I just lifted heavy and did a lot of core work several times a week. I believed I would need a really low bf% to be able to see them, but it's not true. Even after gaining weight, I still have abs.

>eating your normal amount of food but adding in cardio is vastly superior to eating at a deficit.

This is fairly well along the way to being 100% retarded.

Hello my friends, is this considered ottermode? If not, is it good enough for tinder or am i better leaving it out?

nothing impressive, even for normies.
leave it out

its alright, if you live in a place with lots of non-fit people id put it up

Get lean
Do planks
Do sprints
Squat
Diddly

You exercise and eat right.

For abs you need ab wheel and lots of chicken.

It's science

Getting there, give it another year or so.

cheekie do i put it on tinder or no

Unless you do sport, there is no reason to do dynamic core exercises.

Almost all lifts incorporate core stability into them, and you can supplement with planks if necessary.

>abs at 20% bf.
Right...

Both DYELs.

As a Personal Trainer, I can tell you with confidence that if you do not work your core DIRECTLY (crunches, L-sits, russian twists, whatever the fuck your fancy is) you will struggle to have the abs you want.

It is 90% a problem to be fixed in the kitchen, but that doesn't change the fact that the other 10% comes from working your abdominal muscles until they are bigger, and therefore pop.

For comparison, look at this pic of someone who has low BF% but a weak core:

beyondthebarbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/skinny-guy-abs.jpg

To someone with roughly the same BF% but works his core hard:

projectnext.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/6-pack-abs2.jpg

See how the second picture POPS?
How the abs look like they are straining to be released against the skin?

THAT is the look you want.

Not some "i eat once a week" fucking weak ass abs.

Stop being purposefully stupid.
This is common knowledge AND practice.
Abs are muscles just like ANY other.

Only on Veeky Forums are people this brainwashed from circlejerking each other about Squats and Deads all day that the delusion is this strong.

Holy fuck.

To continue.

Your core strength has EVERYTHING to do with the definition of your abs.

It's a direct cause and effect relationship.

Obviously, if you are 20% BF and above you are going to struggle to see them.

But to state that there is no correlation between working a muscle group and that muscles definition is straight up retarded.

It's like you are being purposefully stupid.

How you guys managed to churn out people like Prometheus and Tiny with this fucking outlook on fitness is beyond me.

Stop being delusion faggots, and do some goddamn research.

You're neglecting the fact that 90% of the 'pop' factor on guy two is that he's photoshoot ready whereas guy one is just a random pic. OP isn't getting that look regardless of how he trains.

honestly if you have shitty abs like pic related there is no point. the amount of diet and effort it takes to get abs is worthless if they're zippered like pic related. or worse you're genetically doomed to a "4 pack"

>everyone says wait before putting it on tinder
>"okay but do I put it on tho?"

>tfw yours are worse

This guy gets it, thank you!

Another user that is gonna make it.

Exactly. Core training is NECESSARY.

Makin' it. Definitely.

Precisely, I do hanging leg raises, L-sits, planks, and russian twists.

Actually scarily accurate, well memed nonetheless.

OP LISTEN TO THESE POSTERS.

THEY ACTUALLY HAVE ABS (good chance anyway) THEY ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!

People like:
are those fat fucks that sit on their computer every day repeating what they hear on Veeky Forums

IGNORE THIS SHIT

Still dyel mode

"abs are made in the kitchen" refers to the fact that, compared to the other muscles people care about, you generally need a very low bodyfat for your abs to be prominent. But you still need to grow those muscles for them to look good.

You are missing the point.
There is a direct cause and effect relationship between working the abs and how defined they are at low BF%.

Disagreeing with that knowledge is throwing out years of science and fact because Veeky Forums said Squats and Deads.

It's misinformation to tell OP, that ALL he has to do to get abs is diet.

I mean, he already HAS abs, doesn't he? It's not like leaning down is going to make a new muscle group appear.

But depending on how much you work that muscle group, directly relates to how defined they are when you do lean down.

This is scientific fact.
Undisputed scientific fact.

And now Veeky Forums is disputing it.

if by everyone you mean the first user, yeah one personis kind of a small sample size

>See how the second picture POPS?
>How the abs look like they are straining to be released against the skin?

this is 10/10 truth op

Actually, adding on to my last few rants, OPs pic related is a PERFECT example of low BF% with a weak core.

At that level of BF% you should have abs POPPING through, but they are barely fucking visible.

So, it comes down to what you want, OP.
That look, or the POPPING look that every immediately thinks of when someone says "6 pack abs"

> autism

first user
>explicitly expressing leave it out
second user
>expressing that you should if you live in a place where there are mostly non-fit people which is highly unlikely on tinder
>otherwise leave it out
tripfag
>give it another year or so
>meaning no, not yet

do you even language?

>inb4 i was only pretending to be retarded

underrated

actually, i did tell user to put it up if he lived in a place with non fit people

>altering the meaning of posts to win an argument on a mongolian carpet weaving forum

t. tinder garbage

t. fat fuck with no abs

Depends what you want.
If you want looks only, then yeah, proper dieting will do it.
But if you want functional, strong abs, then you have to work them out just like any other muscle. Diets won't give you that one.

he's right though

>thinks he'll get a strong core/abs from just doing back squats and front squats

nope, i learned this the hard way too

if you think that is a weak core you are literally retarded.

>thinks he'll get a strong core/abs from just doing back squats and front squats
Well yes, you need deadlifts too.

That's a no for me dawg

ok thx c

t. fat neckbeard with >20%BF

get real faggot that is a weak core
there is BARELY definition

YOU'RE NOT EVEN REAL CHEEKIE YOU ARE FAKE STOP PRENTNDING YOU ARE A FALSE PEROSN ARE YOU TRYING TO STEEL IDENITY YO UARE THE WORST KIND OF PEOSON YOU ARE A FAKE CHINK

Im just a lurker, but this is where you are an idiot.

Hint; Both pictures contain abs. The question wasnt about how you get the best looking abs, the question was how do I get them. 100% in the kitchen. Now, if you want better looking abs, you need to work out.

And this, gentlemen, is why personal trainers are the lowest of the low in terms of basic intellect. Show them no respect.

Okay, you want to play at semantics, idiot?

You don't walk into the kitchen one day and your body develops abs.

You are fucking born with them.

So really, abs are made 100% in the womb.

Not looking so intellectual now, dickhead.

babbies dont have abs retard personal tranner

>babies are missing body parts

Just stop.

SAVAGE AS FUCK

children, this is how you know someone just got rekt

vain girly boy detected

1/10 bait, heres your (You)

crimestoppers, hello?
yeah
i just witnessed a fucking murder

person tranner still trying to salvage and is now googling "babby vague six pack

Mate, do you know if you learnt to spell "trainer" your bait may be taken slightly more seriously.

1/10, here's your reply.

this is why i dont trust persontal trainesrs

fucking brutal

>As a Personal Trainer
I have no idea why you think that makes you more qualified than any other random person to talk about fitness.

Im so happy you proved my point.

Personal trainers are, and always will be, trash

You're getting there. Try again. "Personal" "Trainers".

I spent 5 years whereas you have your knowledge from Marcus Rippletide so I think i know a little bit more than you do

>someone studies a bachelor of applied exercise and sport science

HURR DURR I CAN'T SEE HOW YOU ARE MORE QUALIFIED TO TALK ABOUT FITNESS

>just stahp its embarrassing

>recognising and eating bait

>being this butthurt over being BTFO for being a smart ass in the first place

Smells like teenagers in here.

fuck perontal traners man they suck ass and gain muscle from it i can just SS + GOMAD and u dont have a job

>spelling recognizing with an "S"

i fucking felt that through the screen
savage af

>do heavy compounds (big four)
>lift heavy
>don't eat like a retard
That's literally it. "Abs are made in the kitchen" is bullshit, being that no diet will actually develop your fucking core. It takes both.

Heavy front squats, deadlifts, and OHP are great for ab development

BTFO
T
F
O

HE KEEPS FALLING FOR IT KEK

Yes and no.

If you are in a high protein/low carb/low calorie diet, you will have some sort of defined abs, even though you probably rarely ever done any core exercise in your life. As long as you tapped into your core muscles at least once in your life, they should pop out a little.

Now, if you are bulking up and only focus on upper body, legs, but really dont care about core, you'll still have some sort of abs showing. It might not be that much bigger, but as long as you dont put fat on your belly, it should show.

Now if youre just a fatass and have a high calorie surplus and dont use it, you'll lose any type of defined abs, even if you work out abs everyday. Skinnyfat people have this problem.

Best advice is to focus on upper body, and legs. Forget about core because most free weight exercises also uses your core anyway so it kills two birds with one stone.
Focus on bulking on a high carb and protein diet, but make sure you are working out hardcore.
Goodluck

>trying this hard
he rekt you hard man, just move on in life.

Pic related is literally you right now.

>literal autism

Never change, Veeky Forums

You have to be over 18 to post here, little guy.

>still trying to troll this hard
someone people just cant get btfo and move on
but calling someone else autistic for that is tumblr tier logic

Trainerlet is lashing out on everyone

Shiiiieeeet man, can't you tell he is mentally deficient? You didn't have to be that fucking harsh.

I swear if you faggots make Trainerlet a thing I will fucking kill myself

>implying that isn't all user samefagging because he got rekt, including your post.
>inb4 no screencap within 30 seconds

HOW WILL TRAINERLETS EVER RECOVER?

m8 u got btfo - why r u trying so hard to troll now?
just admit you were wrong. such faggotry.

well, thats pretty much the nail in the coffin
it was such obvious samefagging and unless he edits his screencap it should've been posted already.
nothing to see here folks, move along.

#SHOTSFIRED
>#SHOTSFIRED
#SHOTSFIRED
>#SHOTSFIRED
#SHOTSFIRED
>#SHOTSFIRED
#SHOTSFIRED
>#SHOTSFIRED
#SHOTSFIRED
>#SHOTSFIRED

Who wants to bet this is filled with (you)

I think he meant that if you eat the same but do cardio, it will become a deficit. Also, cardio makes you live longer. Don't be like Zzyzz and stroke out before middle age.