>>3922258

>be Claus von Stauffenberg
>plan to assassinate Adolf Hitler, depose the Nazi Party using Germany's Reserve Army and a secretly modified version of Operation Valkyrie
>hope to negotiate a truce with the Western Allies
>go to Wessel Freytag von Loringhoven who is responsible for procuring the explosives
>von Loringhoven says he managed to obtain British plastic explosives from the Abwehr to make the bomb
>voice concerns about the reliability of British made explosives and their rather low blast yield
>suggest using explosives from overseas
>von Loringhoven agrees and settles on Composition B manufactured at a Powderworks in Augusta, Georgia which is both more reliable and more powerful
>July 20th, 1944
>fly to the Wolfsschanze with two bombs in tow
>because of injuries and lack of times, only able to prime of the bombs
>leave the bomb in a briefcase next to an unsuspecting Hitler and quietly flee
>BOOM.jpg
>assume Hitler is dead and begin organizing the seizure of Nazi Party offices and arrest of high-ranking NSDAP officials
>Hitler isn't exactly dead though
>although he survives the blast because the bomb was moved behind a table leg at the last second, the extra "punch" of the North American-made explosives send Hitler flying into a wall and knock him out cold
>Hitler then spends spends the next three days in a coma before awaking with his cognitive functions still intact (i.e. not braindead) and very pissed off
>in this 72 hour period, Hitler is unable to issue orders countermanding Operation Valkyrie
>meanwhile on an unrelated note...
>a seven month pregnant Anne Frank is trapped in the Secret Annexe in Amsterdam,
>she can't give birth here and needs to taken out of the city before she's too far along to move at all
>but getting her out of the city is nearly impossible with all the German checkpoints and crackdowns on the Dutch resistance that been renewed with intensified vigor since the Normandy Landing almost two months earlier

What happens next?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Always makes me laughs how idiots think anyone would take them seriously even if their little plot succeeded. They wanted to keep entire Czech and Polish region in Germany ffs.

>They wanted to keep entire Czech and Polish region in Germany ffs.
You mean territories that historically belonged to Germany?

You mean territories historically belonging to Czech and Poles for 1000 of years?

pottery

Poland never had any consistent claim to any of the land in "poland", its borders shifted constantly and every part of it was at some point a part of some other empire, and at some points in history it totally ceased to exist as an independent state.

>Poland
>ever having claim to any amount of land for longer than a few centuries at a time
lol

VAE
VICTIS
if Germany lose they have no choice to slobber up any allied cum,even disgusting Polack ones

You can say much more about Germany in that department. Nice long-lasting empires you got there.

>inb4 'H' 'R' 'E'

Germany never had any consistent claim to any of the land in "Germany", its borders shifted constantly and every part of it was at some point a part of some other empire, and at some points in history it totally ceased to exist as an independent state.

I love fan fiction. Where do I subscribe

OP here

>Always makes me laughs how idiots think anyone would take them seriously even if their little plot succeeded. They wanted to keep entire Czech and Polish region in Germany ffs.

Well that part of the plot was completely unrealistic, but it still could've had a somewhat positive outcome for the plotters. They could arrange for a surrender on a small set of conditions such as granting immunity to Wehrmacht personnel from prosecution for war crimes and shifting all blame for atrocities onto the Nazi Party and SS rather than the German nation itself.

The war was costing millions of dollars (not to mention the human cost) daily to prosecute for both the United States and Soviet Union, so I imagine both Roosevelt and Stalin would have been willing to accept some leniency for the Germans if it meant an end to the fighting a year earlier than planned.

Right here

pastebin.com/htx8ZzPr

I'm actually working on the outline of erotic novel where pregnant Anne Frank gets saved from death by a series of random strokes of luck, one of which is the July 20 plot being slightly more successful than it was in real life. The idea is that Stauffenberg's bomb incapacitates Hitler for several days, during that time, open fighting breaks out between the Reserve Army, Waffen-SS, and loyalist factions of the Wehrmacht, throwing Nazi-occupied Europe into chaos. The result is that while the plot eventually does fail, it ends far more violently and takes a week to fully suppress (with Stauffenberg and the other plotters presumably being killed in a last stand in Berlin). In this week of borderline-anarchy, German authority effectively breaks down in the Reichskommissariat Niederlande, allowing for Anne to be slipped out of the city by some sympathetic smugglers in the back of a modified Shell Oil tanker truck.

>They wanted to keep entire Czech and Polish region in Germany ffs.

Wrong. The goal was to keep the Sudetenland and the borders of 1914 in the East, though they were quite aware of the fact that this was probably unattainable.

Bump

>The war was costing millions of dollars (not to mention the human cost) daily to prosecute for both the United States and Soviet Union, so I imagine both Roosevelt and Stalin would have been willing to accept some leniency for the Germans if it meant an end to the fighting a year earlier than planned.
No, they wouldn't be. There was a very strongly held contemporary view that the negotiated surrender at the end of WW1 with conditions is what lead to things like the stab in the back myth and resurgent German militarism and started WW2 in the first place. They were dead-set on eliminating Germany and only accepting unconditional surrenders, regardless of the cost.

So they would willingly prolong the war many more months, possibly a year, even if the terms German leaders were offering was to save face and not be executed for crimes committed by the last government (which we basically did with Japan of our own accord anyway)?

Bump

Meanwhile in the real world allied commanders were discussing what they called “The Carthaginian Solution” regarding Germany. I’m sure you can figure out what that meant.

Is this a new pasta? I’m pretty sure you can put any country in and make it work.

Well in practice they were far more lenient, hence why Germany still exists.

Almost certainly. This is to prevent WW3 breaking out 20-30 years later; spend a bit of blood now to save millions more later.