/run/ - running general

What is your favorite running shoe brand? How long in average does your running shoes last?

While researching I read this article:
washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2015/11/19/expensive-running-shoes-are-no-better-and-often-worse-than-cheaper-ones/

That lead me to this website:
runrepeat.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

runrepeat.com/runscore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have Nike Frees, they last about 6 months on average.

I run about 15 miles a week on them.

Acis. Run 8 miles a week with them. I box so I don't run too too much (not yet at least). Had em since July

Just got these. Great shoes and gloriously aesthetic in the desert of niggershit tie-dye that is most running shoes.

Can the orientation of your foot fuck with your ankle? I have been getting a lot of pain in my left ankle in the past week and I've been running for about a month. I think it might be because I'm trying to point my ankle to far inward.

I run 5km twice per week and my shoes last about one year. I´ve been buying different brands so I still don´t know if one is better than the other.

>ctrl+f altra
>0 results

You all suck.

I can attest to this. The Saucony Cohesion 9 is around 40 bucks on Amazon, and I have no complaints. Going to order a couple more pairs.

I wear Saucony Kinvara 7's, and they typically last me about 400-500 miles. Depending on what time of the year it is, that's probably about 5-6 weeks during the Summer and Mid-Winter, and about 7 during XC or Track.

Mizuno. It's cheap in Asia.

Do you guys ever feel that these sites just produce the reviews and ratings based on company sponsorship? I had some older Asics that weren't reviewed really well and I think they were my favorite shoes to date.

Thinking about buying these.
I had the guide 7's and the more I wore them I felt that they were heavy as fuck.

just ran 10 miles in the OG cliftons, feels good

anyone have thst guide to what type of running shoes to buy? sole thickness heel lift etc? im doing a walk to run program if somebody can tell me what kind i should buy. thanks.

They explain how they score
runrepeat.com/runscore
but yeah, there is the probability. Though if they accept this kind of stuff and other companies find out, their reputation - which is everything to them - goes to the trash. We should probably just see this scores as one more factor to consider.

Online reviews are worthless. Everyone has different feet. That top 10 list is comprised of shoes designed for completely different feet, surfaces, and sensation under foot. Just go to a running store and get fit ffs.

Pretty much yeah.
It's like top movies lists.

The top ten are probably good but chances are that your number 1 wont be the lists number 1.

I run barefoot unlike you fags that are cucked by morals.

I don't run, but I do own a pair of Flyknit Free 4.0's and honestly they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.

>tfw fat flat feet

Sucks brehs. Always need some heavy duty arch support and shoes that are nice and wide.

Should i run if i have a bad back?

I hurt it a couple months back, and it hurts only in the slightest now. i really want to get into running again though

I definitely recommend them; they're suprisingly light-weight.