A television advert in which a tearful woman meets a slimmer and happier version of herself has been banned by the...

>A television advert in which a tearful woman meets a slimmer and happier version of herself has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority
>It said the "irresponsible" advert for meal delivery service Diet Chef implied happiness and self-confidence could only be achieved through weight loss.

So Veeky Forums Do you think being fit has given you self confidence?
Fatties of Veeky Forums, do you think being swole will make you confident?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8haL38kDgTk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I am definitely more confident now that I'm fit. I'm far less happy, but given where I was before the trade seems worth it.

What weight were you before?

Absolutely, I feel so much better after getting in shape. I feel confident in myself.

Were you a moonplanet or just a skinny twink before ?

>implied happiness and self-confidence could only be achieved through weight loss
>only

I haven't seen the ad but I strongly doubt this. How would you even communicate that losing weight is the ONLY way to become happy, in short video format? Note how it says IMPLIED, too, so just saying/writing it with words is out of the question. 100% bullshit, Advertising Standards Authority confirmed for Jewish fraud.

206lbs at 6'

I now flirt outrageously with girls I couldn't even look in the eye before I lost weight.

Sounds like just about every advertisement ever

> buy this truck and get happiness
> buy this cheeseburger and get happiness
> watch this television show and get happiness
> buy this drug and get happiness

>Fatties of Veeky Forums, do you think being swole will make you confident?
Fatty reporting in.
This is entirely true tho.
I dropped 20 lbs, and it improved my happiness by killing the sleep apnea so I could get a full night's sleep.
I stopped dropping and maintained here while I'm upping my lifts a tad and the fact I can feel my muscles (no one can see them yet) just makes me feel better about myself, just a touch on my own leg and feeling a muscle instead of doughy fat. It makes me smile.
Also my bro just got an office job from a more active one same time I started working out.
The other night we were drinking and he tried to wrassle me out of nowhere and I fucking beat his ass (no homo). Had more endurance, stronger, (also better technique).
Pretty confident once I just reach normal weight, not even big, I'll be on cloud nine.
On that day I'll post my first pic in a CBT and let Veeky Forums decide if I go otter or bear.

My confidence is still rock bottom but that's more the result of other problems in my life than appearance.

I'm 20 years old and fat. I've been fat for most of my life, I feel like because of it I got a pretty decent sense of humor as a coping mechanism. But as the days go by I'm far past the point of realizing that the joke is over and I have to get my shit together.
I'm 5'6" and 186 pounds, for context I weighed 205 at the beginning of August. Despite the manlet meme I'm beyond certain that I'll be more confident once I can take my shirt off and it not be seen as some kind of punchline. The health benefits are definitely a big part of it too, I also want to get my dick sucked by a normal girl at some point in the future.

My 2 cents.

>"dont try to imply being thin would make someone happy"
>literally 100% of fat people would choose to be thin in an instant if given the choice

rly maks u think

Fatty here

I've lost 50 pounds and am just amazed by seeing the tendons and blood vessels on my body for once. I've been fat for so long it's just incredible. It's also surprising how much more easily I can move. I feel better than I have in years.

That's great user, keep it up

Reminds me of these creepy ass ads
youtube.com/watch?v=8haL38kDgTk

I feel much worse now that I lift. When I started I was 140 pounds at 6 foot and just didn't care, and now I'm 172 pounds I feel worse about my body than ever.

Down from 260 to 160, lean bulked up to 185

Went from ashamed to be seen to having a borderline superiority complex

Still mildly autistic, but incredibly confident and much happier.

Also i feel like 10 years younger. I never realized how old i felt (was fat from birth) but from age 23 to 25, i felt like i gained at least a decade of youth and vitality

I dunno how there isn't uproar about the govt censoring adverts on private broadcasters
What's it got to do with them

Literally my thoughts exactly.

Are we going to ban liquor ads for heavily implying women will find you attractive and interesting if you purchase their product?

Down 30 lbs here

I dont feel good about my body, just worse about others

The ASA is an industry group. Government's got nothing to do with it.

>I also want to get my dick sucked by a normal girl

As opposed to?

Then how do they have the power to ban adverts

A fatty or an uggo presumably

I'm hoping he says his friend Timmy wearing a wig.

They don't.

The ASA has no ability to create or enforce legislation. Their actual ability to stop stuff from being advertised basically boils down to saying "knock it off or we'll lodge a complaint with the people who can make you knock it off". They can ask media not to take adverts from groups that are on their shitlist but they can't exactly force the matter.

Girls with underlying "issues"

Kek. Good luck finding one.

:(

It has, went from 275lb->185lbs at 6' and learned I have decent decent facial aesthetics and a strong jaw.

I get attention from girls now that I never got before and it's a confidence boost to have a girl spill her spaghetti when before you were invisible to everyone.