Going into Navy basic in 7 months, how Veeky Forums do I need to be before I go?

Going into Navy basic in 7 months, how Veeky Forums do I need to be before I go?

Other urls found in this thread:

military.com/military-fitness/navy-fitness-requirements/navy-basic-training-pft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

7 months of proper training is more than enough, though most military forces focus more on endurance than strength

Navy basic is piss easy and you won't have trouble with it unless you're literally a fatass. It's more an exercise in patience than anything. Just be able to to do ~50 push ups and sit ups in a row and be able to run a mile and a half in under 12 minutes, and anything else is just extra. They don't give a single shit about what you bench or squat.

How wide can your anus stretch?

Swimming? I'm alright at swimming but feel like I need to be better. Also I'm 152 and 5'11. Don't know if basic for the Nuke program is different but that's what they're putting me in so it might be relevant

Some people literally show up having never swam before and end up passing. You should practice so you don't draw attention to yourself but you don't need to sweat it. I'm in the same program, MM.

That sounds spectacularly funny. I absolutely can't wait. The Navy gave me a new lease on life and a whole lot of hope for the future. That's for the answer friend

*thanks, I can't fucking type

So far I'm enjoying it. One thing you'll hear people say while in is to keep your bag of happy with you, and to remember why it is you joined if you're ever feeling down. A lot of people lose the mental game and make what could be a fun experience miserable.

I heard most people lie about their past ADHD to the MEPS, how many of them get away with it?

run, do pushups, some pullups

You need to do SS + GOMAD

It depends on if you were formally diagnosed by a doctor and whether or not you have that shit under control. Ideally you shouldn't lie, but in reality the only people who get caught lying are the ones who give them a reason to get looked at. Like if you start acting crazy in basic and can't assimilate they'll probably look into your history.

Ya, diagnosed when I was 8 but don't really think I ever actually had anything. Went off meds at 15 and no real change. Got through highschool just fine no complaints without them.

>>military.com/military-fitness/navy-fitness-requirements/navy-basic-training-pft

You should be fine as long as you stick to your story and play it cool in basic. Also, expect to have your ship date moved, my date was moved as well because security clearances have been taking fucking ages.

Brotip: The military only knows what you tell them/provide, dont offer anything. When you get to Meps remember that you are the healthiest fucker ever

I was actually pretty worried about this since I actually am insanely squeaky clean. Figured since I have nothing on me they'de go searching and find it. No broken bones, hospital visits, police interactions, parking tickets, tattoos, nothing. ADHD is literally the only thing I have on me and it's been stressing me out like crazy

military fitness is overrated, its not that hard

couch to 5k
'advanced novice calisthenic level'

Let me tell some stuff to calm your nerves. If you chose nuke the they are going to do at least a top secret investigation on you. It's 100,000 dollars to perform (so they say). THEY ARE GOING TO FIND EVERYTHING. Seriously dude, they called friends of friends, make house trips to your family, they even asked why I got written up once at a pizza joint I worked at.

But your adhd will not matter if you play it cool. Don't tell them about it, don't write it down on the checklist they give you at meps. WhIle in boot camp you will be approached at least twice by investigators. At least one of them is going to know about your previous medical records if you where taking drugs. All they want is the truth so all you got to say is "yeah the docs thought I had it as a kid but I didn't think I did, I didn't think it was a big deal." Boom your Scott free. They will grill you for any little thing they can find just to make you sweat. Just be cool, take a breath and answer trueth fully and you got no worries.

You may have to take a polygraph in the future.

Also navy pt is simple stuff. Just don't be the first to break down and you will be fine. Also also also.....there is a deaf photographer that comes by, don't be fooled by his tricks.

Also the swimming part. Are you black? If so get used to going to the pool everyday. If your not black, you have already passed. IF you think that is racist then you have never been to navy boot camp.

Protip: Volunteer for submarines. The surface Navy has the kind of dumb people that will make you want to shoot yourself. Sure, subs have them too but instead of the thousands that waddle around a carrier, you'll get 3-5. Also, don't be a nuke. It's not too late to back out.

Alright preMEPS user, idk if you enjoy sunlight but the nuke program is basically youre going to work in the bowels of a shit working 12 hour shifts with a 4 hour watch and then sleep for like 5 hours then do it all again.. over, and over, and over. Chose avation the AV rating bracket. Ive been in for about 2 years now all my buddys who went nuke(55 in my bootcamp div) about 3 made it threw the schooling, most of them are currently chipping paint as an undez seamen which is basically modern slave labor. Choose AV, get your TS clearance. Get out, make 6 digits because of qualifications and clearence. It feels good senpai plus you wont be a nuke, nukes are lame dude, plus boatchucks always have sticks in their asses like wearing different color backpacks in the galley matters. Boats are gay jets are dope have fun user.

Should be fine man, just dont get all weird, just remeber youre healthy and so long as youre good noones really going to push it.

Also don't let people who have never been nukes tell you not to do nuke school.

With Hillary in charge going into military will be quite risky.
Tbh I 50/50 expect ww3. We're fucked. According to the polls, unless something major happen, she will win.

Allow me to correct that record; no world war but possibly more frozen conflicts started by Putin feeling Russia isn't the Soviet union, and more international terror attacks from Isis as they lose more of their caliphate. Also China will keep building islands.

Yeah, why would she start WW3? Where? Over what? With whom? Is she inexperienced in foreign policy and negotiations? Does she have a team of expert/advisers? Is she a deranged "billionaire" who gropes women and claims false "facts" 90% percent of the time who also welcomes foreign intervention into the election(treason)?
Sit down and think about that buddy

That depends on the Russia too, of course. But if she escalates situation in Syria and she seems to be set on it, that can mean a war with Russia. Hence i wrote 50/50 chance. Tho it's probably like 10% chance of some unfortunate chain of events.

Its the Navy, so morbidly obese.

>military
>fit

Kek

Run, run, and again run.
I was in base in Poland and desu good condition its only thing that matters.