Why do people say they're on that "grind" when they're at the gym...

Why do people say they're on that "grind" when they're at the gym? It's literally 1 hour 3 to 5 times a week of lifting weights. How the fuck is that a "grind"? How are you "grinding"? It's fucking cringe. What are you "grinding" for?

I understand professional athletes who literally spend hours at their craft every day, even then they're not so fucking cringe to call it a "grind"

Honestly what the fuck. It's usually those stupid fitness bitches as well, but guys can be just as bad.

Because it takes effort to whittle something down to be in a better shape?

Like grinding down a knife so it's sharp, you are grinding down your body to be better.

Sure I understand that analogy, but why do people have to tell everyone they're grinding? like just shut the fuck up and hustle then. No that would do hustling a disservice, because taking care of your body is not a fucking hustle it's not a fucking grind it's something every human being should have to do, it should be normal. Ffs

What else would you call it?

Twiddling my thumbs at the gym
Slacking at the gym
Catching some fucking Z's at the gym?

You're putting in fucking effort in the gym, so your grinding. If you don't your doing it wrong.

Lifting weights....at the gym.... that's what you call it. Have you tried running the 400 meters in 50-59 seconds? It's a lot fucking harder than a 315 bench press or 450 pound squat. How is progressively building strength and then lifting weights slightly heavier than you usually do a grind? I don't understand it

Because the media attention feeds their ego.

Fuck nigga this is middle school shit.

Lazy bait

because we're a generation that has instant attention available to them with a press of a button and humans are social creatures

Because once you're no longer a beginner, those slightly heavier weights take months of effort to accomplish. Anything you need to put that amount of time and effort into - whether its running, swimming, lifting etc - becomes a grind real damn fast.

Who here knows what the picture is referring to?
This is the true test to see if you are cultured and smart and not just a pleb.

Looks like Xeno's Paradox to me desu

Zeno was a troll before trolling was even a thing.

>lmao, we can't do anything because we'd have to take infinite steps

>400 meter in 59 seconds
>harder than a 315 bench
absolutely not true

No, it's from Gödel Escher Bach

>using the end range value to prove your point
kys

You're right user. It's more like doing your dailies in WOW, except you're not doing it daily. So people should be saiyng "I'm doing my tri-weeklies at the gym".

Lold

Because putting in effort 3-5 times a week while living in a world where sugary treats and being lazy is commonplace is quite the grind.

They use bad form so at some point their joints start grinding into a powder

Telling people you work out before you actually have noticeable gains is completely cringe. Its like telling someone you're handsome

Any highschooler can run a sub 60 400 their second year of track.

Wanna know how I know you're dyel?

>Humans are social creatures
user w-what are you t-trying to say :'(

>tfw I literally spent 3 hours a day every day doing dailies for half a year

Why do you have to bitch about human nature?Get off social media if it bothers you do much.

Because most lifters are autistic as fuck.
Because social media tell them it is "hardcore"
Because its literally the only physical activity they do which is why they think they are bad ass for lifting weights in an air conditioned room for an hour while they look at memes between sets, sip Xtend and listening to Pandora on their $200 headphones then post online how they just "crushed some weights"

i don't wan't to lift anymore

Lifting is so easy that anyone 10+ can master it in a month. It's great for body and mind but when people act like they survived D-day because they just done legs is cringy as fuck.

>this thread
Can't you faggots simply call it lifting and be done with your special snowflake shit?