What other charlatans have been relevant in history?

What other charlatans have been relevant in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Karl Marx

Bob Marley

Donald Adolf Trump

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nostradamus
are you talking about STRUMPH ?

Jesus Christ

That little shit

Define relevant? Quite a few of the early modern witch hunters such as Matthew Hopkins were clearly opportunists just trying to get paid or get revenge. Hopkins even wrote a book answering the numerous allegations of fraud against him.

If I had a penny every time a pretentious armchair Christian posted this as a response to criticism of their faith, I'd be as rich as the Pope.

Trump

Maybe you should offer an argument if you want a serious respond, shitposter. Now shoo, back to r/atheism

>relevant

Literally every populist politician.

how on Earth is that a criticism

This, but unironically

None. If he is relevant, he isn't really a charlatan, is he?

hegel

Is this true about Rasputin?

Hegel

Why?

Schopenhauer famously called him one. Technically you can call every philosopher you don't agree with a charlatan.

>Schopenhauer famously called him one
But why is this said about Hegel exactly?

obscurantist who hid crap ideas behind verbosity to draw in the crowds.

Because he thought Hegel was making it up for fame and that his arguments were circular and didn't make sense.

>crap ideas which have been at the forefront of philosophy ever since

Wait a sec, you mean that about Hegel or Schopenhauer?

But he saved their son.

You didn’t even make an argument. People don’t make good posts in response to shitposts.

He probably means Hegel. Hegel would go on to become quite possibly the most influential philosopher of the 19th century (most famously influencing Marx, who himself was a highly influential philosopher, but his influence extended far beyond that), whereas Schopenhauer would be a substantially less influential thinker.

Crowley

You're an idiot. Hegel's progressivist bullshit was largely behind a lot of the conflicts in 20th century. In fact, I define 21st century as disillusionment with Hegelian bullshit as figures like John Gray (English philosopher) and Benatar inevitably become more popular.

You're going to call me an idiot while using that as your justification for how Hegel wasn't an influential philosopher? Are you a little slow?

Even if he did the only response would probably some pretentious non-riddle about spirituality.