So what's the point of "calories from fat" on nutrition labels? You could just calculate it yourself...

So what's the point of "calories from fat" on nutrition labels? You could just calculate it yourself. Do they add it just to trick people into thinking "low fat = healthy" so they can sell sugar loaded shit?

Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9036757
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16689751
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19188683
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17367705
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26523991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20165863
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25277736
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27327024
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25524913
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23368826
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10334314
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17374657
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17991637
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002604959090305V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes, low fat is the marketing Jew.
They want to trick you into thinking you are buying healthy food and keep you dependent on their shite.

Yep.

Amerifats are fat because of added sugar in every goddamn thing.

>inb4 hurr durr I ate a piece of fruit and I'm not fat

Because math is hard and people can't manage to multiply an integer by 9 without getting a calculator.

For what it's worth to you it has it's uses, namely getting around the FDA's stupid 'rounding rules', which is why everything is an integer instead of there being a decimal. Divide the 'calories from fat' by 9 and you'll get a more accurate figure for grams of fat total. Of course this is only useful if you're keeping track of macros.

Rounding rules? What is this meme

Fuck off we all know its skim milk

Pushing the "dietary fat is bad" agenda caused the trend of decreasing testosterone in males.

Not sure if it was deliberate, but it is what it is.

Don't slack on your fats.

> 15g of protein
> read the label
> 10g
> 15 w/ milk

> low in sodium
4mg of sodium per calorie
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

>Because math is hard and people can't manage to multiply an integer by 9 without getting a calculator.
You ask normies how many calories are in a gram of fat, protein, and carbs, and they'll look at you like "doesn't canola oil have cholesterol?"

Wisdom is pain

Because fat content is a good indicator of how calorie dense a food is (9 cals per gram vs 4). It's not about fat being good or bad.

More importantly, why is calories from fat listed but not calories from sugar?

Basically bullshit politics.

I'm always short on my daily fat intake on MFP

Any recommendations? Thinking of just adding X amount of almonds until hitting my goal.

>Thinking of just adding X amount of almonds until hitting my goal.
Ground flax seeds, I guess add a 1/4 cup here and there.

add butter to rice or any meats.
coconut oil is flavorless, you could mix that into a shake, coffee, or smoothie.

>coconut oil is flavorless, you could mix that into a shake, coffee, or smoothie.

> the empty fats meme
This needs to fuck off.

>the empty fats meme

???

its because of the sugar lobbyists

Food that's >just fats. No, coconut oil isn't healthy, neither is canola, olive, whatever. Those diets you read about like the Mediterranean one are healthy despite this bullshit. You wanna know what I use coconut oil for? Frying, which I barely do. Then I throw it out. Eat fats that don't give you any other macros or micros is fucking retarded. And don't "use healthy oils like olive to fry", that shit turns carcinogenic.

Can vouche

Maybe because high fat meals are not healthy, despite your seeming emotional attachment to the contrary?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9036757
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16689751
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19188683
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17367705
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26523991
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20165863
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25277736
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27327024
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25524913
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23368826
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10334314
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17374657
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17991637
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8475895

It's trivial to avoid refined carbohydrates by glancing at the ingredients. A mongolism patient can shit out a better argument than you, if you're attempting to justify guzzling grease since some equally shitty sugary options happen to be available.

Nice broscience

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/002604959090305V

why does that look so good right now

To let you know if you've got a calorie bomb due to fat or sugar.

I think most pastries are the latter where as deep fried meats (fried chicken, chicken fried steak, crispy corn dogs) and cured meats would be the former.

For raw meat you can just cut off the fat, eat just the lean, and simply enjoy those lean calories. However, pastries need fat and sugar for the creaming process.

But it's still a jew marketing scheme.
It much easier and in every way more indicative of how calorie dense the food is to do a bread flip.