Is there anything wrong with buying ground chicken instead of breasts/thighs? I never see anyone talk about it

Is there anything wrong with buying ground chicken instead of breasts/thighs? I never see anyone talk about it.
It's cheap, has similar macros, and maybe this is my preference but I think it's easier to both cook and eat.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9029197?dopt=Abstract
examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I can't see why there would be a problem, just try and buy the leanest mince you can.

Ground chicken tastes terrible to me, but if you like it then go for it

doesn't ground beef/chicken have more salt and shit in it? idk, check the sodium levels

It's fattier than skinless breast, and often has quite a bit of water added. I don't like the taste or texture very much.

Only if it has been added, like the pre made sausages that you have to cook. But just ground meat shouldn't have any additives.

Has this unique taste. Its like this spicy sweat chemical feel usually. Its like licking sweaty armpits. And ive tried a variety of brands. Couldnt ever kill it with sauces and herbs.

There's probably a bit of salt and water added, but I think the only other ingredient is ground chicken thigh.

Enjoy your cancer

Chicken usually has a brine solution added to help it stay fresh, but IIRC it's not much salt and rinsing before cooking gets rid of a lot of the salt.

Chicken is better for the planet and has more protein than beef.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

>Easier for pasta
>But diced/sliced chicken cuts in a sandwich/w mayo are easily GOAT

ground chicken has added gmos and chemicals

just ate the real thing

fucking lol at this thread
if buying living chickens and killing it yourself was the norm then people would be saying that packaged boneless skinless chicken breasts are processed crap and you shouldn't eat it

>gmo
>bad
bitch I'll kill you

I've been making gains since I switched to the snausage diet

The lower fat content and altered surface area in ground chicken causes the stuff to dry out far quicker than just breasts or thighs alone. It will need an added fat source (like egg yolk) to retain it's shape if you're wanting to make something other than crumbled meat. Wouldn't recommend if you actually cared about flavor quality of your food, but if you're just into strictly hitting macros, I'm sure it's fine

If you prefer the taste, and it fits your macros, why are you asking this question?

>Buy trustworthy brand that uses lean cuts and adds little to no shit. (You can wash out the salt, if you're concerned about sodium.)
>Go to butcher, pick out decent cuts, have him grind it up.
These are both fine.
>Buying mystery meat brand ground chicken that has a slight neon hue to it, the expiration date is unreadable and it's cheaper than cardboard.
This one isn't.

Ground meat can be goat for quick pasta sauces, you haven't tried sauce until you've made it yourself with all fresh veggies and a ground-up prime-steak grade cut of meat.

t. Numale faggot

Well they are, tho.
The only meat you can be sure isn't filled with shit (and even then there are doubts) is the one from animals you raise yourself and feed proper food, have enough space for them to run around and have fun, and lack of stress, as well as lack of ""slave"" labor. That kind of stuff.

kilo of chicken breast or thigh is $9.
kilo of chicken mince is $10. vs kilo of turkey mince for $9

thigh and turkey masterrace checking in

thoser are some shitty prices bro, learn to shop better.

For me, it lacks the flavor of regular old chicken breast, but I can't see why there'd be an appreciable difference. I think it's slightly fattier, so adjust the rest of your diet accordingly.

Tastes good to me. I use ground turkey or ground chicken in dishes that call for ground beef. Might as well get more protons

Basically:
>This kind of meat is heavily processed, salt and preservatives and things are added which are basically worse for you. The high sodium levels are bad and to summarise a whole heap of complicated research - in general - the more processed meat products are, the more they increase your cancer risk
>Minced meats are usually fattier because they use the crappy, fattier parts of the meat and grind up the skin, etc. This is usually saturated fat which, yes, is still bad for you (happy to debate any of you faggoots)
>The increased surface area from the ground up meat means it's more likely to give you a bacterial infection or give you salmonella or some bullshit (as long as it's well-cooked it should be fine though)
>It's probably more expensive per gram of protons anyway right?
Real chicken breast is preferable for a few reasons, but chicken mince can be an ok substitute for the odd meal. Don't eat it erryday

Is this an american thing to add salt to ground meat?
Over here nobody is going to waste fucking salt on that, it's not like you aren't going to buy it anyway, bitch, so why waste salt and preservatives on you, bitch.
It's usually fatter though, but that's to be expected.
I like to incorporate ground beef/pork in my diet since my maintance is about 3.4k kcal and I some extra kcal from fat are welcome.

How big are you for that to be your maintenance?

Not very.
82kg, that's about 180 lbs or so.
and I could stand lose 1-2kg of fat.
But strength training 3 times a week takes it's toll

>added GMOs
Do you even know what a GMO is? Do you even know why it's bad?

Not in australia, good meat is 12+ a kilo. Meat is expensive as fuck here because it's illegal to give hormones to birds and there are very strict laws on antibiotics.

Saturated fat is a necessary portion of fat intake, plenty of studies show that a lack of saturated fat can have adverse effects on hormone production. Saying saturated fat is bad is like saying carbs are bad. Yes, a retard on a shit fast food diet can always benefit from less saturated fat and less carbs, but when talking to people who count macros and calories and eat clean, chances are they're eating the right amount of saturated fat already.

Thing is, most retards on Veeky Forums do not count macros and micros and calories, or eat clean in general. They follow all these crappy meme diets like gomad or keto or something and generally eat pretty poorly in general. Also the vast majority of the general population eats too much sat fat as per their country's guidelines/WHO guidles/WCRF guidelines or whatever you're following. As a general rule, limiting saturated fat intake is a good one. Of course, this does not apply to every individual, and yes, some intake of sat fats isn't bad.

Link to these multitude of studies? I'm well aware of the potential mechanism, but whether there's any convincing literature out there supporting the idea is another thing that I haven't personally read. I'm interested, got any sources?

If you're still around I don't keep a record of the things I read since i just poke around out of interest. Here are a couple of random articles I found, I didn't read the studies so if these aren't useful feel free to do your own digging.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9029197?dopt=Abstract
examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/

The opinion I came to when I did my research a while back is that saturated fat intake shouldn't be restricted unless it has a significant impact on your health.