>think about doing a home gym since I only need a few pieces of equipment
>look at prices
>see this
>bars are also in the $200+ range

WHAT THE FUCK

That's nothing. Get a fucking job.

I wouldn't trust cheap equipment

$200 is fucking chump change you poor faggot

200 is nothing but in total this is going to hit a thousand easy and that's without weights or matts

nigger you can get a squat rack, bar, bench, and 300 lb of weights for like $500

>uuuuuuuur shud i make lifetime investment or pay jews sevral x price 4 public eqipmunt???

I'm making my own power rack with iron bars.
I would only need a good olympic barbell and the cheapes iron platess.

Think about it. Good equipment can outlast you, and you might save money in the long run from not having to pay a membership fee

thats nothing for a lifelong investment
buy once cry once

you could easily drop 1k on a gun

If i'm ever buying my own equipment,it would be from a gym getting new weights or from craig'slist

Do craigslist. There's a decent chance I'm gonna pick up a BUNCH of free shit from a building that's getting rid of an old fitness center. I'm so excited, can't wait for them to get there demo permit.

dude when I bought my home gym back in 2006 I got an entire bench press with 300lbs of weights - olympic bar, olympic weighs. it was only like $400. now I go online and it's like triple the cost, wtf

>$200 for adjustable rack for squats/presses
>$175 for bench
>$100 for bar bell
>$225 for 300 lbs. of plates
>$50 for collars, small/micro load plates
>$50 for other miscellany (thin soled shoes, knee wraps, straps, ergo grip bar, extra plates, ab wheel, or whatever)
>$800 for all new, complete set of gym equipment

Seriously, you can either buy a year's gym time, or you can buy enough equipment to keep you lifting until you're at least intermediate level. I chose the equipment, because going to the gym is a process/hassle, I'm not interested in showing off my lifts, and I like working out in the morning which is difficult to do with that pesky thing called a "job".

No it won't. Budget it out, it's like $800 if you get it all new, which you shouldn't have to do since there's always some loser trying to offload that kind of shit on Craigslist, or some deal on that shit locally because sears or a local gym or whoever can't offload their free weights when they're going bankrupt.

bought a power rack off ebay for $200 its rough but still going strong with a pull up bar. Bought a wide bench, 7ft bar, and 300lbs of weights on craigslist for $50. and I have a sled that was 40$ I think? and use some cheap rope to pull it.

yeah and? weigh that against the ridiculous cost some gyms cost ($50/mo+ avg in my area). it'll pay for itself in no time. not to mention the savings in commute to/from gym, having to waste time waiting for racks to be free, having to deal with retards and plebs etc. and gym equipment retains it's value so if you upgrade or sell it later, you can expect a dollar a pound back for iron at least and a 20-40% depreciation for the rack and bar

What's a good bench that ships to Ausfailia?

>really want to go homegym mode
>no place for a power rack in my parents' apartment

People spend more on this on a computer. Near this amount for new phones every year.

You buy all this shit and its done. Forever. You'll always have it. Well worth the investment if you're actually serious.

it shouldn't be a thousand. get a decent power rack, spend some money on a quality bar (seriously, this is the place to spend money), get some shitty plates and a bench and you're good to go.

>Amazon

I hope you like getting jewed

diy + 2nd hand barbell and weights.