Is pic related an effective way of training my abs or is it just a meme?

Is pic related an effective way of training my abs or is it just a meme?

Nah lift from the legs like a hanging leg raise. You want those hip flexors involved too

only effective way of training abs

leg raises are great but why do you want to use hip felxors? i try to avoid them. situps are shit ofc

L sits are much much harder

What about exercises that can be done at home without buying extra equipment?

legraise
toetouchers
sit ups
and bicycle crunch (this one fucking destroys my obliques)

crunches and leg raises
fuck sit-ups

I'm sure you can find something at home to hang yourself off of

Not in a kys type of way

Sit-ups fuck up your lumbar spine. Don't do them.
Source: Army for six years.

...I don't think I could hang on one of those for long.

It can be done at home.

Im using the bar in my closet to do them. Sometimes I use the bar in the shower that hangs the curtains.

Just find a bar somewhere around your house. Or find a pole and hang it between two tall things.

Do deadlifts and squats properly until you can squat 2x and diddlylift 2.5x bodyweight. Then your abs will be strong af.

Oh and OHP 1.5x BW

How fucking strong is your shower curtain bar? If I tried that, the pathetic piece of plastic would shatter.

you're a pathetic piece of plastic

Made out of fucking steel.
Granted, I do live in the military barracks so they make all their shit retard-proof that way it lasts longer without breaking.

Fight me irl

Seriously. I live in Williston, North Dakota and I'll fucking travel to where you live and beat you into a pulp in the middle of the street. Broad day light, mother fucker.

>2.5xbw Deadlift
>2xbw Squat
>1.5xbw OHP
One of these is different than the other two.

>Im using the bar in my closet to do them. Sometimes I use the bar in the shower that hangs the curtains.
Topkek how much do you weigh? 90lbs? I'm at 180lbs and hanging on anything like that wouldn't end well. Just go to the gym guys.

dont listen to these fags, weighted situps are good

Leg raises are good too

Dragon flags.

ok come to teh mall

Alright meet me at the McDonalds on South Robert Street in St. Paul Minnisota at 2100 5th November you fucking pansy.

160lbs

And thats probably because your shit isn't made out of american-grade freedom steel, now is it?

Cause it's a good muscle to try and activate and it trains your abs regardless.

count me in. now it's a 3-way boyos. don't come alone, and bring weapons. unless you're cool with dying.

>Le epik le meme le lel

1.5x BW OHP is eons above 2xbw squat. most guys probably can't even get there natty.

actually it's a 4-way, Mexican stand off bitches

count me in as well. im bringing my associate Fingers. he's a little loco and will bring his favourite stanley knife

Yeah you bring your boyfriends too and we'll have a fucking picnic.

I'll solo DBZ all your faggot asses desu

Serge Nubret did hundreds of sit ups daily but ignore that and listen to the advice of autists who think their 225 bench makes them an authority on lifting.

I'll drive from fucking Canada to fuck you up nigger.
Plastic Shower Curtains > Steel shower Curtains, I'll kill any of you steelie faggots.

he was on heavy gear you stupid faggot, that does not apply to the average natty lifter

hell no faggot, I'll fuck your twink ass (up)

Just buy one of these.

My favourite is the plank.

Aldo I'd advice all you faggots to stay home if you dont want to end up in the hospital for the rest of your pathetic life. With my superior speed you wont be able to even see me, fucking niggers

*teleports behind you*

What use is speed?

Good luck faggot. I've watched the most intensive Chinese cartoon training videos in existence.
I've once sparred with Umaru and lasted a whole 3 minutes before getting knocked out.

Right, I almost forgot that you can't actually make an effort in the gym if you're not loaded to the gills on steroids. Anything beyond 5x5 is dreaded over training.

>he thinks doing hundreds of sit ups every single day is what a natty needs to do to make ab gains
lmao'ing at your pathetic life. Fight me and the boys up in North Dakota faggot

>you need gear for what malnourished prisoners do to kill boredom

Oh yeah? Well I've been doing cardio while running like Naruto so im basically a ninja now, ur fucking dead kid

Thank you guys

This epic anime battle will sure rip my abs

ab rollouts and heel touches are all I need for direct ab work

>implying you can outrun this

>using construction graded steel pipe to hold 5lbs curtain
u wot m8

In my experience it's a great way of training abs for anything except muscle mass. I guess you are looking to get abs. There are 2 ways to get your abs more visible: increase their size or lose fat. Fat loss isn't area specific, it's good for using calories but you could do anything else as well. If you want bigger abs after a certain pont where they barely exist, I'd say you'd be better off with weighted resistance training or excercises that are much more straining to complete a rep of. If you have never trained abs before I guess situps will be a good beginning.

I did like 2-400 crunches and situps for 3-4 years 2 times a week as part of martial arts training. My abs were OK strength when I started and it didn't increase their size at all.

>looking to get a six-pack, not abs

make it 5

I always swing around like an autist when i do those, any tips?

concentrate on hanging completely still inbetween reps and then make the mind-muscle connection to use 100% the abs. slow and steady.

Don't use the momentum to raise your legs.

Whose in Dorset, UK?

I will fucking fight you now I swear down.

I'm in Exeter if you fancy a drive

I'm in raleigh if you fancy a flight

Who Minneapolis here?
I will fucking ravage your ass no homo

Buy some inversion boots
Invert
Do hanging pikes
????
Profit

Hip push-ups really make me feel a burn all over my abs.

Really any exercise where you're contracting your stomach to stabilize (which you should do anyway) will make that happen.