Why does the FBI have such a heroic reputation compared to other government agencies?

Why does the FBI have such a heroic reputation compared to other government agencies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHgYtKkSEDA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol dis nigga serius?

They do? I mean, I thought after Waco and Ruby Ridge they were seen as gun-toting government thugs. I guess if you go back to the Untouchables Era where they were fighting gangsters and bank robbing murders they were pretty good.

Also if you hate communists they were really effective at hunting them down, and executing counter-intelligence against their allies in the American left throughout the 50s and 60s, into the 70s, well right up until the Church committee hearings even.

no one cares what the atf does (enough that no one even cares to clarify whether they're an agency or a bureau in their acronym), dea is whiny, nsa is useless, who knows what the cia even does, but the fbi only really deals with murder and kidnap so...yeah.

according to whom?

The only reason they have a shred of credibility at the moment is because half the country thinks they're going to take down that big old meanie Donny Twoscoops. The second thats over the FBI will go back to being scary, all powerful G-men

do you honestly believe the words you type?

Show me a period where the FBI was well regarded

sure when they actually aid in someone being convicted even they have doubts about themselves, they are human.

I meant the other part, that 50% of America "thinks they're going to take down that big old meanie Donny Twoscoops"

You really think that many people have faith in law enforcement to do their job?

During the "War on Crime" in the 1930s when they were catching or killing all those bank robbers and murderers; Dillinger, Nelson, etc.

>OP asks about the general reputation of the FBI
>gets a bunch of responses saying they aren't really well liked
>"Well actually sometimes they solve cases and that's good"

Fuck off Comey, don't you have some fortune cookie phrases to mindlessly post on Twitter?

i never said it was good. i said their reputation is bad when they want it to be bad.

I'd give you Ruby Ridge, but Waco was fucking justified.

>"Let's bulldoze the side of this place to create a draft, then drop incendiary devices, but for entirely non-lethal purposes!"

Sure.

>Let's kill homegrown terrorist that are pretty much out to commit shit as per the ramblings of their crazed leader.
Seems pretty justified to me.

Jamar is that you?

ATF kills dogs
CIA sells drugs, kindnaps American citizens, experiments on those they kidnap, and lets a bunch of black people with syphillis not get treated and not get told that they have syphillis.

Who did the Branch Dravdians ever kill?

>It's completely justified to intentionally burn everyone alive inside a building because they happen to be in the same building as someone you have an arrest warrant for
How can you even defend this bullshit?

I think because they do a little more good than many other government agencies. They do investigate crimes that affect average citizens, keep good crime stats and are known for historically being difficult to bribe/corrupt. But it hardly makes the FBI a “good” agency. It is just easy to look good when compared to say the NSA or CIA

>Also if you hate communists they were really effective at hunting them down, and executing counter-intelligence against their allies in the American left throughout the 50s and 60s, into the 70s, well right up until the Church committee hearings even.

Ah, COINTELPRO, the FBI really did a number on radical leftist groups in the 60s and 70s, the lid got blown off with the Church Committee. While I don't like communists or the Radical Leftists of the 60s and 70s, the FBI were doing some really illegal shit

>ATF kills dogs

Don't forget gun trafficking too

>heroic reputation
Wow I guess the other government agencies have set the bar really low

they threw tear gas cannisters, not incendiary bombs you dumbass. David set his own compound on fire. turns out the crazy doomsday cult leader was suicidal, go figure

Because the vast majority of their job is going after white collar crime since the most commonly-held expertise in the FBI is accounting.

collective punishment isn't exactly something uncommon in the human psyche.

literally because of shows like this

>the truth is out there

>Look at this, Scully: there has been another unsubstantiated UFO sighting in the heartland of America. We've got to get there right away.
>Well, gee Mulder, there's also this report of a shipment of drugs and illegal weapons coming into New Jersey tonight.
>I hardly think the FBI is concerned with matters like THAT.

Let me tell you something about David Karesh. He used to get paint from my Pappy's shop for his go-karts. He'd come in and haggle with him on the prices, claiming that, because he worked for church, he got some price thing. I remember him as kind of an asshole more than anything. When the whole compound thing went down, I actually had friends that lived past the security zone. Theyd have to show their ID to go past, to their house. There were kids on my bus who were part of them, and ended up in the compound when things began to get bad. Wierd kids, didnt talk that much to people, but, I mean, kids. Not crazy cultists or anything, just kids. All of them died later when the place burned down. People only knew Waco from that for forever. Didnt even happen in Waco, happened in Carmel. Still have a Fuck David Karesh tshirt, somewhere, I think.

>nsa is useless, who knows what the cia even does
NSA at the very least collects information
CIA is either so good they can sell the public their failures or actually are horribly incompetent but kept because they do offer a few nuggets of services

This song is dedicated to all the real heroes out there:

youtube.com/watch?v=BHgYtKkSEDA

MUCH better PR. It's true to all police forces in America- there are at least 3 cop dramas, a cop spoof comedy, a buddy cop movie, and either COPS or Live PD simultaneously on cable tv at any given time of day here

>NSA at the very least collects information
FOR WHAT?

U
UU
U

The CIA is good at assassinating 3rd world elected officials and that's pretty much it.

GONNA HAVE TO BE MORE SPECIFIC

Originally because to find and catch terrorists before another 9/11 happens. Now? Basically because they can.

Because they're crime fighting, not intelligence. Their activities are better known and publicised.

I REALLY WISH I WERE LAUGHING

Checked.

>are pretty much out to commit shit

Going to have to need a citation for that one.

SO WHICH ONE? 1 OR 6?

You are aware that tear gas canisters work by burning?

they dont?

FIVE EYES BURGER AND FRIES

THEY FUCKED UP OR THEY DIED?

THEY ARE WORLDWIDE

SO, THE NEW NEIGHBORS IS ALL ME?

BLOW UP YOUR TV

nyet

The thing is, most people don't know what the FBI actually does, and most attribute what the CIA/NSA does to them. Like , most people in the FBI are accountants. It's how they were able to get Al Capone with tax evasion.

I'm not saying they're heroes of the little guy, because they aren't, but they are pretty much the only organization that actually does something about financial corruption.

>FOR WHAT?
dunno la but at least they can do it.
Except Castro lol

yup. going to bed.

Their reputation is tarnished with reality now, but back in the day, Hoover had all the major media and politicians in his pocket (blackmail, mostly). It allowed him vast control over the Bureau's public image.

Hey guys, I'm an airline mechanic lmao.

>FBI

I too like the x-files user, based mulder

>assassinating 3rd world elected officials

Isn't it a french special services specialty ? Along with sending commandos to repleace them while they travel abroad ?

NSA existed much longer then that and worked on spy networks and other espionage related works.
It was started in 1917 for WW1 and there was also the OSS which eventually became CIA.

Have you seen the video of an ATF officer grenading a room two other officers just entered?

But not in the "ethics" of the U.S

>this guy says some strange stuff and his followers have a lot of guns because we're in the middle of fucking Texas
>let's start shooting them unprovoked, toss in so much CS gas that their children's spines snap from convulsing, play sounds of dying animals over loudspeakers, and then set the building on fire because of some unsubstantiated rumors that Koresh MIGHT have a fully automatic rifle
The fact that not just some but many people all over the world think this is 100% okay is very, very worrying.

>a heroic reputation

This

Not to mention the FBI works for civilians far more often. Having a nasty stalker, a dear loved one murdered, a gang or mob extorting your business, they work on cases that directly and tangibly affect the common man's life. The NSA or CIA doesn't acknowledge your existence unless you can service *them*.