Do you meatheads realise that after just one month of my Aikido practice, I could defeat 90% of you in 1-1 combat?

Do you meatheads realise that after just one month of my Aikido practice, I could defeat 90% of you in 1-1 combat?

Even those whose been idiotically lifting weights like a retard for years? Don't you know muscle slows you down? Making it even easier to defeat you without striking you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IPdmRxZvE7A
youtube.com/watch?v=PLP_DInpPHE
youtu.be/F4qXuVAtXUs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1v1 me I rek ur mum

even though this is a b8, aikido is a joke (just like most asian martial arts)
t. someone who did aikido for half a year as a child

yes

i tried martial arts once for a month and know that no mater how big i am there will be a girl that can fuck my shit up

3/10 made me reply

Why are so many akido guys jiggly-fat nerds who act like dicks though? I've noticed this.

Just learn the styles MMA fighters do if you want good 1v1 ability. They do them because it works.
Probably have to look for something else for group fights, but almost always better to run in those scenarios

I could deck every cunt ITT

Gonna be hard to do that without arms though
*teleports behind you simultaneously cutting off your arms at the shoulder*
Heh, sorry buddy, looks like you to need get a grip in your life
*cooly waltzes into the shadows*
Sayonara, amigo

Dunno, probably because the sport has nothing to offer.
I'm a boxer and every time that's brought up near aikidoka they instantly get triggered.
>Ahah boxing is useless
>I could redirect every punch
>I could make you fall on the ground before you even know what's happening
>No it's not bullshit, we comply during training because you don't want to ruin your joints
And it's funny because for such top of the cream martial artists they can't do anything to a slow humiliating slap in the face, or when you put a bit of resistance when they try to demonstrate their technique.
Aikido is absolutely rubbish.

The way I see it, it's better to have aikido training and have muscle than to have aikido training with no muscle.
You can do both.

I might not be a fast punch but I'll fucking deck you in the face long before you try and shake my hand with that Aikido bullshit son. get rekt.

This. Do boxing, bjj or judo instead.

I've been thinking of picking up judo. I'm getting to be around 200 pound with almost 3/5/6 lifts, so might as well go for something that suits me.

12 years of Muay Thai and 4 years of BJJ means I could snap your aikido practicing bitch ass in six million parts with my pinky finger, you little slut

How's Sanshou?

I heard it's Chinese wushu + military training + boxing

Is that true?

fuck this reminds me.
tried judo with a mate of mine who's like 110kg 25%~ bodyfat, i'm a measly 75 lean, we are similar height.

He threw me around and thrashed me like it was nothing, as if it was flexing his ego trashing someone who was like 5 weight classes below him. I told him he wasn't teaching me anything because it was physically impossible to throw him regardless of technique

really blew my mind how insecure i realised this guy was after that day. All my memories flooded back to me, how he would constantly cock block me at parties or randomly call me gay for no reason.
I never noticed but i guess it really struck a nerve for me.

Took up muay thai as it suits someone tall and lean much better anyway. Plus has really interesting culture behind it.

sorry for the blogpost

What happened to that guy's thumb?

San shou is more a rule set than anything else. It's kickboxing with clinching and throws. It's an attempt to slim down Kung Fu into something more practical and competitive. As a Kung Fu guy myself I think it's great.

I like Judo, it 's pretty terrific.
Beware of injuries, it seems everyone ruin their knees at least once. I've known plenty of judoka with twisted knees, broken toes and pained shoulders and that doesn't surprise me to be honest.
Yeah big guys are a pain for that. As a Heavy weight myself I try to play the game and not just shrug off jabs/kicks, push the MW in a corner and just hammer him. That would work but that would help neither him nor me when training.
This, martial arts are only defined by their ruleset. Rest is LARP and dancing.
This is why the MT you see in MMA is different than MT with a MT ruleset. Traditional MT give very little emphasis on punches (comparatively to a kickboxer) because they give very little points and can inflict more damage with their other weapons.

The idea that martial arts have specific techniques and style is rubbish if it's not backed by the ruleset. You may have difference in fighting type (like when Dutch kickboxing appeared) but it's more strategy than "muh school teaching descending from a 1000yo master"

>1-1 combat?
pic

>Even those whose been idiotically lifting weights like a retard
>even
isnt that the point of opening this thread on fit/ already?

>Don't you know muscle slows you down?
fast ent vs elephant

Fite me you slow piece of shit. I'll unleash a flurry of blows. Before you even know it you'll be on the ground, dying.

Hey, nice samefagging femanon. Girls are a fucking joke in MAs, there's one in every 100 dojos that are actually tough and good with their shit even when you don't hold back.

All these fucking people saying how Aikido is shit. You do realise it fucking DOMINATES any over martial art?

The only reason it's not used in MMA is because it's so deadly.

Check this out. A BJJ 4th dan black belt being absolutely rekt by an Aikido practitioner.

youtu.be/IPdmRxZvE7A

>These chops and strikes
>That absolute lack of resistance
Cool dance brah.

On this topic, does ANYONE have a vid of aikido being used in a non compliant environment?

All I've ever seen are these compliant demonstrations with super clumsy attackers.

jesus christ this is some high autism shit

youtube.com/watch?v=PLP_DInpPHE

This is how it would go OP

>Veeky Forums guy and skinny aikido guy get into a fight
>aikido man tries to grab Veeky Forums guy and do some weird moves on him
>Veeky Forums guy lifts aikido skelly with one arm and throws him into outer space

It doesnt matter how many cool moves you can do, if you're a weak skelly it'll never work

Aikido has some fucking effay gear, thats for sure

one month...? I don't think so.
most marshall arts bring its power/ability to win from 70% of strength and 30% of skill generally..
You should know about balance..
especially Aikido and this kind of stuff focus on balance.

>tfw national level podium placing judo player
>tfw no one month aikido practitioner attacks me in the street
>feels bad

I can vouch for this. I've had skelly friends say the same thing as op and I ended up lifting them with one arm while they tried to do their silly grapple thing. You would need master level technique to dominate a guy who outweighs you and has 3x your strength.

It's good, give it a try if you can

Abs are made in the kitchen they said

Why would you want to defeat me in combat? Why would you fight anyone? Using violence to solve problems is barbaric. I thought we left savagery behind.

And to answer your question: You're comparing weightlifters with fighters. If you've trained to fight people and we haven't, it's perfectly reasonable that you'll be better at fighting, while we're better at weightlifting. They're 2 completely different sports. I can lift more than you and you can fight better than I, that's it. There's loads of other abilities that either of us can do better than the other. It's simply how it is.

martial arts is only usefull after years and years of training

I did it for 10 years since I was a kid and the only thing even remotely usefull I learned there was how to fucking fall and roll out of it

Kek. Aikido is that thing they had Samurai do when they were autistic enough to lose all their weapons and needed some way to break an armored foe's shit. It doesn't even have its own attacks. It's literally a last ditch effort to not die that somehow became a martial art.

If I'm taking you seriously for a second, an average person can act a lot faster than an average person can react. Somebody doing a striking martial art will probably hit before somebody in aikido can respond, barring a massive different in reflexes.

Shit's basically useless outside of annoyingly specific circumstances.

Not even memeing when I say no, they don't. It doesn't work as a martial art. It shouldn't even be a martial art in itself, in my opinion. Japfags just seem to get an erection over making every little skill or trick into "muh ancient art". Aikido is at best a handful of tricks that might have helped samurai in certain situations.

The funny thing is, a pretty decent amount of Veeky Forums actually does do martial arts of some sort. The whole unskilled meathead thing is pretty much /asp/ies trying to feel better about themselves being too lazy to lift in addition to martial arts.

That's Jujitsu you dunce, not Aikido. Samurai were long gone when Aikido was invented.
You're right on the rest of your post, action is always faster than reaction. Funilly enough aikido only have counters for slow haymakers or running punches.

Couldn't I just grapple you and make you submit with my superior strength?

>Don't you know muscle slows you down?
Actual martial artist here. That is not true. Big guys move just as fast as smaller guys.

>if stronger people underestimate you you can beat them
there's the story behind every martial art ever

>Grapple
>Without your joints

Oh waiter, I'll have your tippy-toppiest kek please

Actual Aikido instructor here, I'd like to see some of you say the shit you're saying to my face. I'll let you know that I've defeated over 100 black belts from a range of disciplines in choreographed demonstrations. So you better be fucking prepared.

>choreographed demonstrations

Is this some sort of joke?

Of course it is you daft mongoloid retard.

Implying you'll get that close, Bruce.

>Feel lucky ?

>retard

Are you calling me a retard?

Sorry, had a long day. I got ahead of myself, you daft mongoloid friend.

Aikido is a joke.

muay thai no joke. no joke. you're the joke.

Kyokushin and Sendo are legit

It's okay. You did your best today :^)

Aikidoka here, brown belt.
It's really hard to apply techniques on a resisting opponent.
imo, it's a good foundation if you're going to mix it with a striking art like muay thai and a grappling art like jj or bjj.
in my case, i studied wing chun and am currently studying judo.

>it's a good

It's not

To each his own I suppose.

Martial artist of 11 years here. I do weapon arts, Karate, Jujutsu and Aikido.
Also played with MMA guys and lifted off and on for about 5 years.

Even though you're probably just baiting people, let me tell you how fighting works. You can get good in 3-6 months in something that involves constantly beating the shit out of someone; boxing, full contact karate, etc. but that involves getting and taking so you'll probably get brain damage in the end. The skills you need here are just hit the guy and take minimal damage.

To have any sort of practical application with Aikido you need to have a full conceptual understanding of biomechanics, be able to not only apply them to manipulate another person but be able to take balance and strike dynamically. Yes you fuck, you need to be able to hit people in Aikido.
Most people who do Aikido do "I kid-o". They never actually throw people, they never actually do joint locks, they typically just dance without ever learning how to actually fight.
Yamada Sensei once said that you can only choose to not kill someone if you can kill them. O Sensei said 90% of Aikido is striking.

To truncate my rant: the only way you'll get good at Aikido is if you learn to strike first. Then you learn how the body can be manipulated, get a feel for taking balance, and then you have the ability to practically apply stuff.

That's usually no sooner than 5 years in.

So what? Fighting is for niggers. You're never going to use your skills outside of the sparring gym. If you want self defense, carry a gun

> thinking one month of training in any discipline is enough to let you beat someone significantly bigger/stronger

It's a good supplemental art. You can learn most of the same stuff in Judo, and do so quicker, but Aikido allows for learning how to take balance and letting people throw themselves.

Just because most Aikidoka are shitters doesn't mean the entire art is worthless.

It died.

Only had one more day till retirement, left behind a family of four.

Sad times.

Minimal training in a combat skill will make you able to defeat the people that don't care about combat skill? Well, I'd fucking hope so, user.

I'm sorry, what exactly is it you want us to realize? That no amount of Aikido training will ever make you self assured? That you still have shittalk to strangers on a Polish car theft message board? Because that's all I got from your post.

Aikido might be bullshit but their uniforms sure are cool.

Check out "the most effective techniques in tomiki aikido. Tomiki aikido (shodokan aikido) is the only aikido style with competitions. When you do competitions you find out very quickly a lot of techniques dont work when someone is resisting, but with enough competition training you can make a few work. When youre good at competition aikido, the techniques you use are even easier on people who dont know whats coming.

Note: other aikido all say tomiki aikido isn't aikido

Ive been doing tomiki aikido for 14 years and its a lot of fun but it's better to train more than only aikido. Doing bjj aswell wich imo is far more effective

Forgot link
youtu.be/F4qXuVAtXUs

Yeah, except in the case where you're looking objectively at what does and does not work in actual combat. Which is what is being done here.

It's a finishing school, it's meant to be taken after you've mastered shit like judo.

Did aikido for a little bit, the joint lock techniques could legit hurt someone but if you're stronger than them you can just pick them up and body slam them.

I train bjj in one of the biggest bodybuilding gyms in my town.

One of my favorite things is trashing overconfident thick guys by repeatedly chocking and arm locking them. Keep smmirking and laughing for added funny.

Kinda douchey but it helps checking egos. Of course most leave and never come back, but the ones who stay usually get pretty good with the added physicality.

I assume that's the one where they get repeatedly stabbed by a dildo in their attempts to "disarm", right

>implying anyone so unfamiliar with /k/ that they bought a .40 can shoot for shit

Well, it worked for me.

Both faggots.
Aikido is boss as, AT HIGHER LEVELS.

As a beginner in ANY martial art you think, I'm so fucking good because I learnt how to fall properly and break a lapel grab blah blah blah.

Any martial art at the HIGHER levels is dangerous (see: most) but in beginner levels it isn't ingrained enough as second nature for you to react in time in a real life situation.

I know, I've done 15 years of Jiu-Jitsu and it wasn't until well past my tenth year I started to realize that in a confrontation I would actually react before I thought.

That is the whole point of consistent training in the art.

To react before you have to think about it.

That's what makes martial arts deadly.

I WOULD LITERALLY CAVE ANYONE IN THIS THREADS FUCKING FACE IN MAN WE DON'T FUCK ABOUT DOWN UNDER I WILL BITE YOUR FUCKING NOSE OFF THEN WALK TO YOUR MUMS HOUSE SPIT IT OUT ON THE FLOOR AND BEAT HER TO DEATH WITH THE FAMILY DOG

FUCKING WEAK ARSE POOFTER CUNTS