Why do fat people think short-term crash or very low calorie diets are a good idea?

why do fat people think short-term crash or very low calorie diets are a good idea?

Because their life is the epitomy of sloth and gluttony.
They crave simple solutions for problems they don't actually want to solve - they just want them solved.

The effort needed to type in 'diet' in google is almost beyond them. They want to rewarded for that immediately. They cannot comprehend having to wait for results, let alone having to do work to get results.

If they did, they wouldn't be fat.

Because fat people have no idea how shit actually works and don't bother gathering info to educate themselves on the subject.

t. fatasfatass making it

Because people are sold on the idea of different external factors affecting their weight despite them "trying" to be healthy. Crash diets like that are sold as "detoxifying the body" from the supposed myriad of digestive problems that are being blamed for retaining fat.

It's essentially another excuse in the same vein as muh genetics

>Be fat so be inherently lazy
>Decide you want to lose weight
>Option 1 exercise and start eating better, investing time and money into getting in shape
>Option 2 do a meme diet for 2 weeks that only requires you to buy copious amounts of grapefruits
Gee I wonder

Looking for the magic bullet. Because superfats can achieve impressive jump-start losses from them but don't realize that they are unsustainable and that their weight loss will slow. Many fats lose and regain that same 20-30 pounds on several of these kinds of diets over the years but it never lasts.

Same reason some people hop on a new meme program every few weeks after making zero gains on their current one. They convince themselves that they've done nothing wrong, and therefore it must be the programs fault, so their only fix is to find another fad program that will obviously be the key to making gains.

Even if Option 2 is easier, eating grapefruit is literally hell. No one can be that lazy.

>I vomited when I tried grapefruit.

Because short-term crash diets used to work for 50s housewives who gained 5-10lbs and then considered themselves fat so they went on an apple diet for a week or two.

It doesn't work anymore now that fat means 50+ lbs overweight.

Elizabeth Taylor blames 'modern' fatness on stretch-pants. She was quoted as saying that you can get quite fat while wearing them without even realizing it.

There is some truth to that, woven fabric fitted clothing with no stretch is not forgiving beyond about 5 pounds.

Fattys can stretch their jeans with spandex and the other stretchy shirt they wear out quite a bit.

And that's why the diet 'works'. You have to eat 1/2 a grapefruit before you eat anything else...
...at every meal.
Most people can't stomach that much so start to skip meals, calorie deficit, boom, weight loss.
But they don't continue it long.

Makes me laugh because I love grapefruit and would gain on that diet.

I accidentally do cabbage soup diet every cabbage season

because -500 takes too long

800 works but you'll feel like shit and eventually you'll reach homeostasis

Because they illustrate the difference between motivation and discipline

>there are people that don't like grapefruits
>some guy VOMITED

WHAT?

The reason why fat people do these retarded diets it's because they gave up. They tried eating less but didn't see much improvement, they try these and they don't see much improvement, if they keep eating the same they get the same results.

I've been there, I've lost roughly 5kgs and it has been a pain in the ass, I've had to suffer through "starvation" to be able to eat what I'm supposed to eat and exercise a lot. I've had to pass on cakes and sweets, pretty much quit drinking beer and the list goes on. All this for a measly 5kgs... If you can't see why people try desperate measures then you haven't been through it.

>why do fat people think short-term crash or very low calorie diets are a good idea?

because they literally don't know any better, and there's a billion dollar industry that makes a living by selling fad diets to gullible normies.

seriously - if you have read the sticky, you have a better understanding of health, weight, nutrition and dieting than 95% of the people around you. misinformation is rampant.

Because they are easy short term solutions, they want to eat a fish, they don't want to learn to fish. They are just lazy fucks who want their cake and they want to eat it too literally and figuratively.

Those types of people are toxic and you should avoid them. Not all fat people are this way, so put the weight off and keep it off their entire lives, most just try and fail and then blame their genetics

fp bp

i do cabbage soup diet at my slavic jew mamas house

They don't want to put in the effort it takes to actually lose weight and stick with it.

How do you think they got fat to begin with?

Doesn't explain why they think a drastic solution works better than a gradual one.

I just said that they wouldn't want to put in the effort and time it takes to do a gradual,healthy diet.

They'd rather do a get thin quick fad diet that won't help them since it's the easier way out.

These types of diet are no different from GOMAD so fuck off you fit cunts. I am 300lbs down from 280lbs eating nothing but vine ripened tomatoes and sweet potato with green tea for 10 weeks. It wors.

>unsustainable
Have fun yo-yoing, giving up, and becoming fatter than when you started.

Realistically someone who fully intends to make it can go much lower than the deficits most people here reccomend. I've been on about 600 for well over a month now. Just one big salad a day.

I've always been capable of going farther and harder than most others through sheer sadistic force of will, though.

When i first started i went 7 full days on 0 calories.