Balkans

Why are the Balkan states so divided?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sprachbund
youtu.be/HTVNhOq_6BU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. very little cultural hegemony was ever imposed on them so the myriads of overly tribal cultures never assimilated in one that can function on a bigger scale.
2. the ottomans

Pic unrelated right?
She's no gipsy, that's a traditional dress in Algeria I believe.
I actually like small countries, and believe that city states are better than large good for nothing countries, so I'm good with the balkans.

>Premodern cultural society emerges up in the mountains.
>Form up along the people nearest you.
>Look to the other side of the mountain.
>There's people there too.
>"I guess those are foreigners now."

Not meant to be related but I did think she was gypsy till you said that

Because the Balkan Peninsula is a very diverse place, some WUZ ROMANS, some WUZ HARAUVATS, some WUZ SERBOI, some WUZ HUNS, and some WUZ MAKEDONIANS

They arent cucks who unify like Westerners.

The Turks fucked that region so hard they completely stunted any innovation and progress that would unify people, instead they persecuted the locals each with their own treatment, converting people by the sword and coin. When Yugoslavia fell, a bunch of meme """"nationalities""""" formed out of fucking nowhere giving independance to places that were never independant before. People that spoke slightly different dialects or people that were historically closer to other nations/empires by rule believed they were special. In reality, the only real countries in the Balkans are Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia and Croatia. Serbia and Croatia could easily be grouped into one entity because of all the steps they took throughout history to common grounds besides Catholicism/Orthodoxy. Albania is just an extention of North Africa.

They fucking hate each other

Why are non-Balkan states not divided enough?

>Serbia and Croatia could easily be grouped into one entity because of all the steps they took throughout history to common grounds
Those two weren't politically connected in a meaningful way until the 20th century. Croatia is a lot closer to Hungary in that regard, since they actually shared a state for some 800 years.

BEADY

Neo and Trinity sure let themselves down.

kek, that's a Berber girl, not very close to the Balkans

It's a long answer that I'm not gonna write now, but what I can tell you is that in the future most places will be like that, the era of the large centralized states is coming to an end.

Serbians, Bosniaks, Croats and Montenegrins speak the same fucking language

Also
>Kingdom of Yugoslavia

>hurr
if large centralized states ever collapse in the near future it certainly won't be for the same fucking reason endogamous mountainniggers have been squatting glaring at the guys on the side of the valley for 1000 years

its a crossroads sort of like zomia is in SEA, always situated between other major super powers. and the terrain doesnt help either. so its politically and actually completely torn apart all the time

There are still some similarities even between seemingly languages

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkan_sprachbund

>seemingly languages
Meant to say
seemingly different languages

Dinaric highlander genes combined with frequently changing borders and conversion campaigns.

Why do you say that Albania is just an extension of NA? Genuinely curious. What are the historical roots??

They unironically look like early anatolian turks with that dress.

>Why do you say that Albania is just an extension of NA?
I, unlike most people who know the stereotypes, have lived near them and visited their country when I was living in Corfu. They are ultra nationalist, so proud of their insignificant little nation that they surpass everyone else even in the Balkans, yet they don't even know why. Calling their country "great albania" and LARPing as some sort of stock from ancient civilizations boiling down to insane beliefs. They have a very thuggy culture but not in an appealing sense, just like any random Moroccan teenager from a ghetto, except that's the whole country in any age. They are extremely disrespectful and frank, but have no redeeming values. They steal, start fights, blame others for their problems and so on. Those who are muslim can be aggressive about it, not knowing much about their own religion. Those that aren't, don't really know if they even have some sort of ancestral religion due to the country's history and they don't bother to learn, but are still in some sense, fanatics. Their country is extremely poor, lacking history past the communist era. Their main attractions are bunkers, their exports are minimal and low quality. Honestly, the Balkans can generally be quite run down but Albania takes the cake as it's shaping up to be the literal dump of Europe. Every country has it's stock of good and bad, but the ratio for them is pretty damning.

Just watch this
youtu.be/HTVNhOq_6BU

Albania is like the poor small orphan living in a tough and shitty neighborhood, in order to survive you have sometimes to outdo other thugs in the area.
Btw you just described entire Balkans

Albania isn't a "badass underdog of a country" and it isn't the product of living in a shitty neighbourhood. Because contrary to popular belief, the balkans weren't always as shit as the recent development. Greece and Yugoslavia were nice places to live in before the respective war and financial collapse. On the other hand, Albania has constantly been an issue to it's neighbours and itself.

I don’t know where are you from, but I presume you are from a former Yugoslav country, the way you hate and are disdainful against eachother even though you are technically from the same origin except for religion have no comparison.
it’s a shame that Albanians got stuck in your quarrels without deserving it

>it’s a shame that Albanians got stuck in your quarrels without deserving it
I think we know who's the balkanite here mate