youtube.com/watch?v=w9KoCdF556g
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin#Religious_views
youtube.com/watch?v=kn1RxyZzjTc
youtube.com/watch?v=HJoHcajorow
youtube.com/watch?v=o3PxPGcRoTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why?

I think its better to have no gods.

The question is such a non-issue at this point and borders on the childish. Obviously we were created by an intelligent being. But don't mind your experiences and history goyim, go back to sleep.

Honestly I understand what you mean OP.
Having to accept that their is no meaning in this world is hard, but once you do it's liberating, sometimes you catch that feeling that nothing really matters, and how it would be better if we didn't exist at all, but once you push past it you can start finding all the little things that at the very least matter to you and just focus on worrying about them.
As a bonus you don't have to cuck yourself out to "higher beings" anymore, even if those higher beings are supposed to have your best interest at heart.

Religion is real, OP. People kill each other en masse over it.

The gods are still up for debate.

Not an argument

>Obviously we were created by an intelligent being

I remember being 14 and being able to understand evolution. I wonder how old you are where you still don't get it.

if there is an empirical evidence, then i'll believe it

This is going a bit /x/ tier, but even if you don’t believe everything about gods, gods exist because humanity as a collective believe they do.

Literal fedora

>thing is real because a lot of people think it's real
imagine being this much of a cuck

Perhaps one of the most interesting things about life is that things don't have to be fake to be real

Why would an intelligent being create us with vestigial tailbone, or an appendix or Wisdom teeth?

the pseudo-intellectualism is mind blowing

>evolution and religion are opposed to each other
Spotted the American.

>2018 Anno Domini
>thinks that vestigiality is a thing and not just human ignorance
We already figured out that the appendix has a role within the immune system. Wisdom teeth impacting might be a result of our diets. Also, sin has corrupted the material world.

user last I checked, religion is real since there are worshippers. Now whether or not the tenants of said religion are real is another story.

>I wish religion was real.
>I think its better to have no gods.

God is real, "God" isn't real.

youtube.com/watch?v=w9KoCdF556g

Read some Kierkegaard, take the leap.

Then I have some great news for you. Your wish has already been granted!

Was it yesterday?

>what is microevolution

kek, good one

Good news, religion is real. God isn't though.

12 years ago, feel free to address the point and not be a little pussy.

Oh, so you’re 12 years old? That explains it

absolute kek

Hey man, what's 12+14? I know you're a christcuck but this shouldn't be too hard.

Wow, you’re -2 years old? That’s impressive, dude. Although, it explains why you don’t understand evolution.

Aww it's retarded, that's okay buddy, just read your widdle bible and sit in the corner :^)

No, but forreal. Evolution and Christianity are not at odds with each other. Claiming that they’re incompatible shows you understand neither.

Tell me, do you believe in the common ancestor theory? That all living things came from one initial single called organism?

Give me one good reason why god is needed in the creation of man when evolution exists

Yes all things came from one organism, we don't need the supernatural to explain it

Correction, it’s not called common ancestor theory.

Yeah, you’re retarded.
Go back and study the theory of evolution, again. Maybe you’ll understand it this time?

And that organism's name? Adam.

>Obviously we were created by an intelligent being
is a little different to
>Obviously an intelligent being set in motion the chain of events which lead to our evolution

I understand what you mean. Basically gods are just symbols of culture. The are real in the sense that they have driven men to advance throughout history

I know what you meant man it's cool.

Adam was a prokaryote bacterium? or archaea?

Okay fuckstick, kill yourself.

>calling someone a little pussy on the internet
Ya I’m sure you’re a ripped body builder who’s just the toughest guy on the planet. It’s hilarious that a Veeky Forums shitposter would call anyone a pussy.

Confirmed for underage.
You’re just mad because your ignorance has been exposed. There’s no need to be mad. It’s okay, you can learn from this experience. The next step is to actually research and understand the theory of evolution.

>adam was an amoeba

Triggered.

Don't you have a bible study or some other type of existential cuckoldry to attend? You shouldn't be on this sinful place user.

I’m not religious.
>cuckoldry
Nice meme words take them back to /b/

And yet you're still defending the guy who doesn't understand evolution...

Never even mentioned that guy, but he seems like a bit of a retard too. Nice reading comprehension. You definitely show about the same intelligence as the average /b/tard.

Says the one who thinks all life on earth came from a single organism...

Would you be happy if God existed but he said the right religion was a religion that most of this website doesn't like, like Islam or Judaism?

but the bible says god created everything in its current form 5000 years ago

No, no it doesn’t. Are you basing your argument off of what people have told you about the Bible? Or what people have told you that Christians believe?

That's empirically and verifiably true, you fucking spastic. All life on Earth has a single common ancestor.

Source? Because no, that’s not true.
There were more than one instance of life starting across the Earth.

I'm basing my argument off of what Christians have said they believe

>Unbelievers are also deceived by false documents which ascribe to history many thousand years, although we can calculate from Sacred Scripture that not 6,000 years have passed since the creation of man.
- Saint Augustine

Basic biology and genetics fuckstick. All life on Earth is descended from a single organism that began replication.

That's why everything is related, and everything has DNA.

>Obviously we were created by an intelligent being.

So your quote, from Saint Augustine, says no more that 6,000 years.

Earlier you said 5,000 years ago from today.

Math isn’t your strong suit, is it?

Ironic, considering once you get into higher levels of biology education, you learn that your claim is not generally accepted by the scientific community

Show your source on any organisms not being related to all others or shut your faggot mouth.

Dude, calm down. Calling people faggot while deflecting doesn’t make your argument look any better

Exactly, no source. Get the fuck out and stop being so sensitive on Veeky Forums.

I asked you for a source first.
>sensitive
I’m just pointing out that you’re coming off as a short tempered child

The fact that everything has DNA and RNA means they are all descended from the same organism. I simply have no patience for people talking shit without knowing the material they're discussing. Learn your place

>the fact that they have DNA means they’re all from the same origin
What logic is that? How else would life continue when it started in other places? Do you think that the creation of DNA couldn’t possibly happen more than once?
For
Fucks
Sake

>How else would life continue when it started in other places?

With the use of some other sturcture or method. DNA and RNA are unique molecules, and we can determine how related different organisms are by reading their genetic information. You should stick to humanities and refrain from bashing people who understand genetics at any level. Just some friendly advice.

u were created by an intelligent beings, ur mama and ur papa

He did not say, "no more than" .
He said "not 6000 years". The other user just made the mistake of forgetting the time period and the addition of like 1000 years and a bit. lol

You’re incredibly closed minded if you think that that couldn’t possibly have happened in other locations.
Elements interact in specific ways. The current evidence shows that the only way life can begin and continue is with DNA and RNA.
The earth is a pretty big place. Single called organisms are pretty small.
DNA is the only way life can originate, biologically and chemically speaking.

Your argument is
M
O
O
T

Nigger are you being serious right now

>Evolution and Christianity are not at odds with each other.
dude just intentionally disregard key elements of your religion, and then its not at odds with science

The Catholic Church recognizes the reality of evolution, my dude.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, then you shouldn’t talk.

are you saying the bible being true is not a key element of christianity?

Evolution doesn’t disprove the Bible and neither does science

it certainly makes a liar out of genesis

There's a quote for everything if you want to cherry-pick from the Church Fathers. They were just people. No scientific discovery has ever been an obstacle to Christianity and even Darwin himself saw no conflict between evolution and Christian theism.

The second being true doesn't make the first one wrong.

It's not a matter of need, it's a matter of what is.

drugs are gewd i mean bad mmk

>No scientific discovery has ever been an obstacle to Christianity and even Darwin himself saw no conflict between evolution and Christian theism
Hmm?

>By his return, he was critical of the Bible as history, and wondered why all religions should not be equally valid.[183] In the next few years, while intensively speculating on geology and the transmutation of species, he gave much thought to religion and openly discussed this with his wife Emma, whose beliefs also came from intensive study and questioning.[94] The theodicy of Paley and Thomas Malthus vindicated evils such as starvation as a result of a benevolent creator's laws, which had an overall good effect. To Darwin, natural selection produced the good of adaptation but removed the need for design,[184] and he could not see the work of an omnipotent deity in all the pain and suffering, such as the ichneumon wasp paralysing caterpillars as live food for its eggs.[144] He still viewed organisms as perfectly adapted, and On the Origin of Species reflects theological views. Though he thought of religion as a tribal survival strategy, Darwin was reluctant to give up the idea of God as an ultimate lawgiver. He was increasingly troubled by the problem of evil.[185][186]

>Darwin remained close friends with the vicar of Downe, John Brodie Innes, and continued to play a leading part in the parish work of the church,[187] but from around 1849 would go for a walk on Sundays while his family attended church.[182] He considered it "absurd to doubt that a man might be an ardent theist and an evolutionist"[188][189] and, though reticent about his religious views, in 1879 he wrote that "I have never been an atheist in the sense of denying the existence of a God. – I think that generally ... an agnostic would be the most correct description of my state of mind"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin#Religious_views

And of course if your writing the world's first novel we can only gander how long it took you to figure out how to think in the first place. I'm sure somebody would like to believe it only took a few thousand extra years... but people are really stupid, no?

What do you mean disprove the bible? You mean magically convince you god isn't real? No, nothing can do that. You mean make anyone who takes the myths literally look fucking ridiculous? Yeah, it definitely does that.

>He considered it "absurd to doubt that a man might be an ardent theist and an evolutionist"
Exactly what I said. Try rereading that sentence a couple of times, buddy.

>what is historical and cultural context
>what is “lost in translation”
The Old Testament was largely written as a history book.
The accuracy of a few parts of some of the Old Testament books doesn’t really make all that much of a difference when regarding the Bible as a whole.
Also, this started as:
>science and Christianity are incompatible
Now the goalposts have been moved to
>parts of the Bible disagree with science when taken literally/at face value

>>as history
That’s not an obstacle with Christianity, so what’s your point?

>The Old Testament was largely written as a history book.

The Old Testament was written as a pseudo-history book. For example, King Nebuchadnezzar II of the Babylonian Empire never converted to Judaism much less issued a death warrant for the enemies of Jews.

youtube.com/watch?v=kn1RxyZzjTc

I guess I meant it was written with the intent of being a history book.

>I guess I meant it was written with the intent of being a history book.

No, it was written with the intent of terror, plunder, treason, rape, and robbery.

youtube.com/watch?v=HJoHcajorow

Fuck off

>Fuck off

Well, that's the truth - it's almost all been proven to be lies while it purports to be historical. It's not like it's a sacred myth from the muses like the Odyssey - it's supposed to be a literal account of events, including real people from history. Most of these events never happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=o3PxPGcRoTQ

This mostly

>Obviously we weren't created by an intelligent being.
ftfy

it is man

literal fedora lords that cant look back at the creation of the universe or the start of life on earth

precursor's theory best theory

Why do people always assume hyper-powerful other-dimensional beings would be a good thing for us? Do you not understand that such an entity may not have your best interests at heart? Such an entity may in fact wish you harm?