Is it bad for your mental fitness to not socialize or have any friends outside of classes?

is it bad for your mental fitness to not socialize or have any friends outside of classes?

i resigned from the anime club because at the time i thought i could do better and that being associated with such losers was holding me back

too late did i realize i turned my back on the only people i ever had a chance of being friends with at college as everyone in sophomore year has already joined their cliques.

i already turned my back on my freshman dorm group of friends for holding me back as well which i also regret.

of course i cannot go back and ask to be included again due to my pride.

is it unhealthy to be alone like this? the only time i ever socialize is when we have group assignments in class

why would u cheat on ur waifu?

Make friends at the gym you autist

>is it bad for your mental fitness to not socialize or have any friends outside of classes?

Loneliness literally kills you.

do online friends count? i still talk with members of my wow guild

There are plenty of places to meet good friends

Trump rallies, NRA conventions, anti migrant protests... the list goes on and on

Just join up with some of these organizations and you'll have good friends for life

>too late did i realize i turned my back on the only people i ever had a chance of being friends with at college as everyone in sophomore year has already joined their cliques.

This is a LIE you tell yourself because self loathing is preferable to working on your social skills.

Making new friends is a thing that can and does happen all throughout your college years.

Hopping cliques is not only possible, but jumping in and out of nearby cliques is a common thing people do. You make a friend, that introduces you to group X, that you start to know, you get close to someone in that group that introduces you to group Y and so on.

No. WoW is a stupid way to spend your college years. The only dumber idea is being an anime nerd.

What is your major? Even if you're having trouble socializing with classmates, you can still join other clubs or different activities to meet people.

Yes. It is absolutely terrible OP.

If I were you, I would rejoin ASAP, and in addition to that join an intramural sports team to make some legit male friends instead of a bunch of weeaboos.

It will literally suck the life out of you having no social interaction.

I think this whole "holding you back" thing is some kind of rationalization for some other shit.

Also you're like 19 years old. Nobody gives a shit about your pride but you. Grab your fucking balls and head on back there man. Good fucking god nobody will care.

i got drunk the other night and came really close to calling my "best friend" from the club and apologizing for abandoning the club like that but my pride will not allow me to do so.

how can things ever go back to the same if in their minds they would all think "heres user back again. thought he was going to do more with his life but in the end turns out he has no one else to go to but us"

They won't care man. You've gotta make a choice. What's more important to you? Having friends and being happy, or having your pride. I think your idea of pride is a bit convoluted, and is only harming you bro.

I think they would be happy to have you back user. Most people are pretty forgiving and are mostly hard on themselves like you are.

Do you think you'd judge someone harshly if they left the club for a while, then decided to come back? It's really not that big of a deal.

Worst case scenario things are awkward for a day or two, and things go back to normal.

You don't have to apologize. If anyone asks, just say you were going through some shit and they will understand.

thanks brother.

im not going to take your advice but i appreciate you taking the time out to help this pitiful user.

HOLY FUCK I AM ON TRACK TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT
I am a freshman and the only club I go to is the Anime society
Didnt make any friends with my floormates because I thought they were tryhard pretentious cunts
Cant make friends in class because everyone in my classes is a soph

dont turn back now
listen to the voice that said there was a reason you quit in the first place
become the champion you know you are
leave the losers behind

sure thing, as a man you gotta what you want yourself. best of luck

my white supremacist

>
>No. WoW is a stupid way to spend your college years. The only dumber idea is being an anime nerd.

MFW I'm both. I'm alone but don't really mind it, the only thing that bothers me are my parents thinking I'm a loser. I myself am fine with it but it hurts when they lose hope for you.

Now I've been lifting for a long time and don't think I look horrible but still am a nerdy, no life, anime dweeb.

>ib4 personal blog.

Do you want to be alone?
I have like 5 people I consider friends myself and I talk them maybe once a month if that. I am introverted so it doesn't bother me to have been alone for basically my entire life. If you are an extrovert you won't be able to survive without socializing. Figure out what is best for you in the long term.

wait a minute

I RECOGNIZE THAT QUAD

user are you from diamond bar?

Just join clubs and shit, ask questions to people etc. just dont stop trying, its hard but remember you arent the only one in that situation and atleast you are trying to get out

Make "friends" or talk to people, everyone not just people with same interests you will see with time how everyone connects and you will too

Just give it time and dont stop

I was an officer of a few clubs that attracted autistics. A friend and I made it a thing to salvage the social lives of people with potential but filled their time with insular pursuits. I try to give a crash course here.

> tryhard pretentious cunts
> everyone in my classes is a soph

Of course they're trying, they're looking to meet people. And of course they're accidentally/stupidly broadcasting a pretentious image, they're freshmen. In college it rarely matters what class you're in anymore.

What you listed are EXCUSES!

Worst case scenario: socializing with them doesn't get you anything but learning how to get along with people with differences you don't like.

I know it's easy to not care, but the gains in front of you are so easy. If you're able to meet enough people that you wind up killing an hour of time every day socializing with one (or more) of them, it will turn into huge long term social gains.

If you really have no other motivation, a few social connections will help your grades. You need to find at least a few people in your class that you can rely on for homework/studying/project collaboration. I'm not exaggerating when I say it can make a 1-point difference on your graduating gpa.

"Study group" sounds like faggy nonsense, but find the people you share most of your classes, and team up to crush assignments together before they're due. it makes everything super easy because you're splitting the effort. And as long as you're not freeloading, it helps you learn. It's the only way I got an A in discreet mathematics.

Do you not have housemates you can friends with?
Betwen talking to my housemates, people on my course and the friends of my housemates I usually get enough socializing. The odd mire from a QT helps a lot. I need to make some friends from scratch but I find that's pretty much impossible to make people like you, so I just be socially open most of the time and hope.
Best you can do.