Redpill me on Canadian history. Is it more interesting, significant, and exciting than it first appears?

Redpill me on Canadian history. Is it more interesting, significant, and exciting than it first appears?

Other urls found in this thread:

history.com/news/how-u-s-forces-failed-to-conquer-canada-200-years-ago
youtube.com/watch?v=v4nKkqdnVCM&index=2&list=PL1848FF9428CA9A4A
youtube.com/watch?v=VGqZn5s_q_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=AU2Zr8bI6T4
nationalpost.com/news/canada/everyone-knows-john-a-macdonald-was-a-bit-of-a-drunk-but-its-largely-forgotten-how-hard-he-hit-the-bottle
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry, but no.

You have my sympathy, though, since as an Australian I can sadly relate.

They beat the USA in war!

No it's fucking boring as shit.
t. canadian

This, the battle of paschendale and killing some nativez

history.com/news/how-u-s-forces-failed-to-conquer-canada-200-years-ago

It's interesting between 1750 and 1800. Lots of stuff happened, including anglocucks (AKA loyalists) ruining the real Canada because they were a bunch of fucking losers.

>ruining the real Canada

What is this?

> What is French Canada.

Quebec is all the history that matters in Canada

the Acadian Deportation never happened, but it should have

Theme #1: Settlers vs. Natives
Theme #2: Anglo vs. Franco

Phase #1: Exploration and settling
Phase #2: New France and War
Phase #3: British Colony
Phase #4: Independence

It's BORING. We're stable and nothing happens. Only interesting parts occur in Phase #1 and Phase #2, but it's still like a side show in an international world wars.

Nah. Some Canadian troops always end up distinguishing themselves in wars abroad, but nothing happens in Canada.

Canada didn't become a country until 1982. If you aren't sovereign, you aren't a country.

This, Anglo Canadians are just thinner burgers desu.

The history of the Americas in general are boring.
t. Canadian

Canada is the Fredo Corleone of Countries.

Speak for yourself leaf. Literally every other North, Central, and South American country has a more interesting history than Canada.

No it’s not, don’t project on everyone else because your history sucks ass.

The Fenian raids is the sole WTF thing I find in Canadian History.

>Seamus, we need to pressure Britain out of Ireland! How do we do this?
>I know, O'Flaherty. We must raid Canada

>implying canada wasn't British at the time

voyageurs were kinda cool

youtube.com/watch?v=v4nKkqdnVCM&index=2&list=PL1848FF9428CA9A4A

This playlist is what is considered history around these parts now a days.

Maybe Mexico, but every South American country is literal-who tier and America is meme tier.

It is, now it's time to go fishing, Freddy.

South American History is very exciting, if not well published.
>All the Wacky Caudillo-strongmen.
>All the Wacky Caudillo-strongmen part II: Cold War Version.
>The only monarchy in the entire Americas established in Brazil.
>Paraguay starting wars it can't win and resulting to a catastrophic loss of its male population that it is rumored that Catholic priests sanctioned SS marriages between teenaged boys and older women.
>Chile cockblocks Bolivia in the Pacific.

Are you seriously implying that Canada's history is more interesting than the US's?
Come on, you're BTFO by sheer volume.

The Spanish War is more interesting than anything Canada ever did

Canada has the comfiest history. And the comfiest documentaries.

youtube.com/watch?v=VGqZn5s_q_Y

They still have a Governor General, so they're not really independent even today.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't the PM actually need the GG's permission to form a government?

South America have history, North are colonies gone wrong

Not even us Canadians bother with Canadian history.

DankHistoryMemes from iFunny is better since he's from Minnesota

I'm honestly convinced most Canadians don't realize Trump isn't their President

the most remarkable moment in Canadian history was the city of Halifax exploding

Delft did it better

Why do they still have the Queen of England as a monarch?

commonwealth meme

canada was given its independence after all

the original beta country

What?

>What is upper and lower Canada

Canada doesn't belong to Earth

The only thing noteworthy about canada is the part where they become bootlickers for the crown. Other than that it's just another part of American history.

Why do Canadians pronounce about "a boot"? They sound retarded

They don't. They have a legally distinct Crown that happens to share a monarch with the UK and fifteen other countries.

it sounds more like "a boat"

Stupid west coasters

Redpill me on Australian history. Why is a minor figure like Ned Kelly so revered? We have dozens of famous outlaws like him in US history (minus the suit of armor).

the settling of the west and how the natives played the us/canadians off each other in trade, how the natives fought each other, the signing of the treaties, and the politics of the treaties are all pretty interesting. of course there’s no giant bloody battles, so nu-historians ignore it in favor of pop-history

what you implying?

A boat is more of a western thing. Aboot is more midwestern

Nu-historians love boring non-violent shit, though.

Gee it sure does suck having a country that is mostly stable in the past, present and future, and is only disturbed by you dumb loud fucks who just need to shit on everything with war, famine, extermination and unrest.

Yep, sure does suck being boring.

That was true up until about 20 years ago, you've become a diverse society now though, enjoy the cultural enrichment...

Kicking ass and burning down the White House was pretty interesting.

Any why do you think that happened? The rest of the world started shitting on everything, and ruined it for us.

True, your Prime Minister Harper didn't help things though by pushing a neo-liberal globalist agenda and involving Canadian troops in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

No. Canada is only 150 years old.
And within it's short lifespan, my province (Nova Scotia) has been a part of Canada less years.
Basically a province called "Canada" (made up of Quebec and Ontario) usurped a bunch of independent colonies.

Quebec (lower Canada) now wants to split. And if original Canada wants to divide, then what does that say about Canadian nationalism? It's stupid. Poutine, for example, was invented in the fifties, and Quebec gets offended when it's called a "Canadian dish". But the Alexander Keith Brewery existed far before Canada was even a country, yet Nova Scotians aren't upset that it's called a "Canadian beer".

Canada is stupid.

Yes, the Queen approves the government.

Why would we not? You some sort of filthy republican, lad?

Not an argument.

>No. Canada is only 150 years old

It's literally just the armour and the shootout it was used in. Australia also had heaps of bushrangers too but none of them are as aesthetic.

Kek
>Canadian social class
>Charlemagne->Hastings->Napoleon
>Champlain->Wolfe vs Montcalm->Bad Anglo poor natives
>John A Macdonald, half of class dont even know
>K-ids!!! Who took the Vimy??
>K-ids AAAAAAAAAAA Canadian Pacific Railway
>Louis Riel, Jap internment, Chink headcount, Manitoba schools
>Who has heard of war of 1812?
>We burned white house!!!! Be proud!!!
>Some majority govt shit and collision
>Laurier the first francophone pm
>Mackenzie the longest serving pm
>Trudeau(sr)! O Trudeau, Bills, FLQ
>praise praise praise liberals talk shit about harper
>hitler hitler hitler hitler racist racist racist
>communism signs and posters spammed everywhere in the classroom
>Dont forget the drunk Marx portrait!
>Trump Bigot Trump Hitler Trump >Dictator Trump Do not be afriad Trump >Trump guys stand up Trump Evil
>Globalism! Progressiveness! Superstates! Welfare!
>COEXIST Multiculturalism Good!
>Russia Bad! Putin Evil! NATO Good!
>Keynesian works! We need to spend moar!
>I give you A if you repeat what I say

Real education Real experience Real state of Canada

hurr durr canada didnt exist until 1867
by that logic, america didnt exist until after the revolutionary war so therefore america didnt beat the british.

youtube.com/watch?v=AU2Zr8bI6T4

USA founded in 1776
Revolutionary War ended in 1783

This, pretty retarded logic desu

Jesus fuck you're retarded

So this is the power of Canadian education... whoa

not really, its all just a nod to the past

America is fascinated with the Royal family. They wish they still had a Queen but are afraid to admit it.

Managed to stay out of the embarrassing disaster of Iraq though

ohh grow up, bluenoser

In urban areas yes just like everywhere else in the world. But all rural areas are is whites with some natives who are by far the worst minority.

>you've become a diverse society now though, enjoy the cultural enrichment..

>Chinese
>Indians

Ooh I'm so scared.

I want to have a monarchy, just not an American house.

Our first prime minister was a raging alcoholic

nationalpost.com/news/canada/everyone-knows-john-a-macdonald-was-a-bit-of-a-drunk-but-its-largely-forgotten-how-hard-he-hit-the-bottle

They're trying to rename all the schools named after him because he was mean to the injuns :(

Because she's their rightful ruler. Who else could be the monarch?

It's the constructed American nationalism which has made Republicanism one of its core tenants.

>Canadians are so devoid of history that claiming credit for the british burning down the white house is literally all they have to the point where they short circuit if you tell them the truth

lol

That was the British though, not Canada

>burgers assravaged that their white house got burned down by their hat

>by their hat
but it didnt, it was burned down by the British. Its not our fault that Canada isnt relevant and has no interesting history so you have to claim credit for ONE thing that you didnt even do. Stay mad leafcuck and enjoy the cultural enrichment of all the south americans we are about to deport which Truduea is inviting into Canada

Louis Riel and his revolts were interesting as fuck.

Reminder that it wa Geogre Cockburn, a British officer, commanding British troops, who burned down the white house. He never set foot on canadian soil btw

Reminder that George Cockburn cockburned the White House in a war started over annexing Canada to the United States. So you still got cucked by Canada, since the British wouldn't even be there if not for Canada destroying you on their home turf.

>battle of the plains of abraham
>expulsion of the acadians
>red river rebellion
>the quiet revolution

Most of the interesting stuff is due to french-anglo tensions.

It snows and they have maple syrup... that's about it.

>Gee it sure does suck having a country that is mostly stable in the past, present and future

Yeah, about that...

>small band of butthurt half native niggas walk around winnipeg threatening rebellion before getting BTFO
wow, sooooooo interesting.

One, nobody gives a fuck about that. Two, we won that war anyway, so who cares. The Persians burnt down Athens and nobody cared, because they won the war.

But most importantly, that wasn't Canada. It wasn't even a British man born or raised in Canada. The Canadian territory was only tangentially related to the conflict, like Belgium in WWI.

Avatarfagging is a bannable offense, weebcuck.

hi where are the arguments?
>c*ck
oh wait i'm talking to a braindead mong, you have none by default.
go suck on some of that putrid dishwater they call coffee at your local timmies, buddy.

>dumb anime poster once again lives up to stereotypes

Garbage in, garbage out.

>The Persians burnt down Athens and nobody cared, because they won the war.

The British burned down Washington AND won the war, what are you trying to say?

You do recognize that this is an anime imageboard, right?

>Veeky Forums is an anime imageboard

"no."

Veeky Forums is a part of Veeky Forums, which is an anime imageboard.
If you don't like the fact that the underlying focus of Veeky Forums, including Veeky Forums, is Japanese culture, you can stop posting here and post on a website with no underlying focus, like Reddit.