Do you get stoned before you go to the gym? What about after? Do you feel it helps or inhibits you in any sort of way?

Do you get stoned before you go to the gym? What about after? Do you feel it helps or inhibits you in any sort of way?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26283092
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26277482
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26237318
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Going to the gym and pushing hundreds of pounds above your head while you're not 100% focused
Sure. What could go wrong?

It's actually been shown marijuana can help you focus better if you're doing one thing at a time.

Focus on going to snap city all you want friendo.

He's right you know. Marijuana is responsible for about 90% of all gym injuries.

Did it once. Realised almost straight away that its retarded to mess around with heavy fucking weights while high, and went home after doing some light weight shit.

Lifting heavy weights is a serious activity that requires all your focus and attention. Doing this high or drunk is as retarded as driving while under the influence.

certainly after, if not on track season baka

Jesus, I would end up doing 100s of reps becasue I would just keep on forgetting at what rep I was.

I smoke pretty much every day, but I don't like doing it before a workout.

It takes the edge off. I /like/ the edge if I'm going to be moving weight.

Just get stoned after, you'll feel waaaay better.

>Do you get stoned before you go to the gym?

yes

>What about after?

yes

>Do you feel it helps or inhibits you in any sort of way?

helps

I'm in the gym and focus on lifting, not my 25 new work e-mails or any of that dumb shit

I don't like to get stoned before working out. I'm either really motivated and energetic, or I feel weak and lethargic.

When I don't smoke I am more consistent in my physiological feelings and perform better.

I'd never smoke weed before the gym. It fucks my focus way too much. However it makes my body feel pretty great if I smoke after the gym.

i smoked before the jim once but it make me shit my pants so i dont do it anymore that often

I do a casual toke or two in the week end but I don't smoke daily anymore. I'm loving how I can last one month with $15 of weed

Nah, fuck that.

Weed always just makes me incredibly chill and couch-locked, and either makes me just a moron or way too in my own mind head-wise. Destroys my focus lifting and I don't want a trip to snap city because of it.

Whenever I'm stoned and working out for whatever reason I always find it 100x tougher to do stuff I would do without much effot. I just can't get motivated enough and usually leave after doing pretty much nothing, any tips to fix?

>smoking ditch indica

It's basically a pre-workout for me. Unless I'm fresh off T-break. Weed is amazing for high volume days when I just want to loose count and go for broke and also makes most any music the perfect pump tune. It even clears my nasal passages from the burning sensation of the smoke (I'm assuming) helping me establish solid breathing patterns. If I'm just coming off my T break I'll get as baked as I possibly can the day before working out high to get a decent tolerance.

Smoking beforehand is stupid. Do you want to break into a panic attack at 2pl8 diddies? Do you want to not run as hard as you can because you have looming couchlock?

Afterwards it's great if you're all done with the day, get the munchies and eat lots of healthy shit, get mega gains and relax

you're stupid as hell

I used to have a serious problem with getting stoned due to depression; whenever I tried working out while high though it was hard as fuck; I found I sweat more and I felt like I had no energy.

I don't touch weed now at all. After 10 years of abuse I asked myself "what would my life be like if I had never had a drug problem? How much has it held me back?"

Any substance that can make you feel "fine" when everything is going to shit is DANGEROUS and shouldn't be touched; what's so boring about normal life that you need to get stoned? For me it was boredom and depression; since I stopped I've achieved goals I've had for years but never came close to reaching because of weed. It started off as a social habit and by the end I was just getting stoned from the moment I woke up until the moment I went to bed; I was miserable and it was easier to hide in a haze of smoke which makes you content with your shitty life.

What is cardio like when high? I've always wanted to try it but weed fucks me up these days.

Fucking heaven, blast some New Order whille running high, best fucking shit ever, I could go on forever

Sometimes I smoke right before gym. I like it, it reduces pain a bit, leaves you relaxed so you can focus on the workout and makes music better, the best while high is cardio tho

Marijuana lowers testosterone. Don't do it if you're serious about gains.

Here's a cite, btw:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26283092

55% decrease in sperm count from smoking weed. There are over 50 studies showing the same thing on pubmed.

Here are a couple more:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26277482
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26237318

haha, you weedfags are literally smoking yourselves gay.

yeah, keep believing that crap, kek

If you turn into a retard when you smoke then yes it will make the workout worse. I used to smoke before workouts and I didn't notice a difference when I quit altogether when it came to lung capacity and concentration.

I'm in the same boat user, but finding it hard to quit. Any tips?

Tbh this user is somewhat right. Weed lowers test, raises cortisol, and makes you passive. Might not make you actually take cock up the ass but it sure makes you as passive and lame as someone who takes cock up the ass.

Not the same user, but I smoked everyday, usually 6 times a day or more for about 4 years straight. You need to quit cold turkey. The first 2 weeks will be hell, but it gets substantially easier after that. I recommend getting some melatonin and sleepytime tea to help with the insomnia and some 5-htp to deal with possible mood problems.

I would never ever smoke before a workout. And I've been a heavy smoker for nearly a decade. Terrible idea.

Smoking after a workout is nice. Relax, sleep well. Not sure if it messes with gains but personally I limit my smoking these days as it does mess with my daily rythm and workout frequency.

Not him but just get some self control user. Don't quit cold turkey if you can't (you should) and just smoke lower amounts every time

Been there done that. All my friends are realizing the same thing. If you're a grown adult who smokes all day then you're a failure.
>inb4 i know a successful stoner

weed withdrawl is no joke.
>muscle twitches all day for weeks
>anxiety through the roof
>no sleep whatsoever
>just a feeling of hopelessness

Started smoking weed about 5 years ago.

From the 24th Jan 2012 I started smoking weed everday, sharing a joint with a mate after work. Continued to do that with a week or so off every so often, mostly when I went abroad.

I used it semi therapeutically - it mellowed out my downs, but also my ups.

Thing is you can get blazed all weekend and feel 'ok' on monday in a way you can't do with drink.

You can then smoke again on monday evening, and feel 'ok' on tuesday, and so on and so on.

But you won't be at your best.

When I cut it out before the first 2 days were pretty tough.

A few months ago I applied for a job which was drug tested and cut it out. Don't get me wrong, I didn't become super successful or whatever, but I became 'better'.

I've kept up the momentum and now I treat it like drink - on the weekends or on a special occassion during the week.

Just cause weed is 'easy' or 'soft' doesn't mean its not pernicious.

But it's not evil either. Smoking after a heavy workout with my gf and having high sex is great.

But it can make you complacent. I can make it easier to not get shit done, whether that's tidying your room or confronting and understanding emotions.

low quality bait

>over 50 peer reviewed studies show marijuana lower ms testoerone significantly
>thinks it's PROPOGANDA

You weedfags are delusional.

That is why all those nu-male millennial fags are so effeminate. (((They))) want you to lower your T. So go ahead, keep smoking!

Yes, I have found that i can reach and at times exceed my normal limits when lifting baked with the only downside that at times after a set i instinctivley take the weights off the bar even though i haven't finished with them yet. also helps heaps for me to maintain a sufficcient diet for muscle growth considering im a reasonably recovered skelly

As a pothead, I would get high whenever I could. Including before and after gym. It really fucks with energy levels. Sobriety is where it's at.

no one gives a pantload about your t level, gaylord

except maybe the pharmaceutical industry

maybe you're bait by saying that's bait :o

Went stoned to the gym a few months ago. Fucked up on a deep squat twice. It does make you feel really in tune with your body, but you can also drift off to other things.Also worked out stoned and been fine, but I don't recommend it if you are serious about training.

Fuck off mate I'm on a break at the moment. It's not even an issue.