Why do artists generally have an aversion to physical activities?

Why do artists generally have an aversion to physical activities?

Other urls found in this thread:

gaysomecomic.tumblr.com/post/46062299329/14-self-confidence
coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/Abdomination-How-to-draw-beef-132538271
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're dweebs

>"""""artists"""""
You mean losers who whine over the internet by making "cute" and "funny" comics?

I think its more that people with an aversion to physical activity are more likely to be artists, because they spend more time indoors.

Then they use their artwork to illustrate their methods of justifying their laziness by ridiculing those who make them feel insecure.

because they are product of pussyfication culture

pre war even artists did lots of sports.

imagine being so insecure that you had to draw strawman comics like this

Musician
Putting time into practicing an art has faster results that appeal to the practitioner more than phsyical activities.
I'll spend hours composing, practicing unique phrasing, recording, eqing, playing live, etc, and that just eats a lot of my free time after work.
But the final product of that day is more exciting to me than the final product of one day of lifting
Still lift though because want that look and health later in life.
>tfw strong forearms from playing bass and guitars with really thick strings and high action

OP here, I'm an illustrator. My artist colleagues give me dirty looks when I tell them I go to the gym. But the guys at the gym look at me funny when I say I'm an illustrator.

Eh, I'm an artfag and working on losing weight. If it's just about going outside then it's hard to draw stuff outside in hot or cold weather or whatevs. I like to be comfortable when I draw. I feel like art fags tend to be more withdrawn in general and just prefer being inside and left to their own devices. There's always exceptions but still.

I go to art college and it's usually fat chicks and flamboyant gay dudes there. I've honestly never seen a fit person. Maybe not a fatass but not muscular.

>Work as a model for art students in the university
>models working there usually have flabby bodies
>students like working with me, because they can actually see some definition (even though I'm just dyel) and work on their shading skills

Still not many people there that actually work out or train anything, but they appreciate well built body.
But yeah, i Remember some online comic 'artist' that drew a "muscly men drawing guide" that shown a
>low bodyfat body with proper V line
>Fat muscly body
and tried to convince people that thety are
>muscles for show without functional strength attached"
and
>a guy that wrestle bears in the woods

Those were character guidelines

I'm a writer. Most of my colleagues are disgusting hamplanets and do nothing but give me shit for caring about my body.

A lot of writers think it is somehow rebellious to be slovenly, drunk, and fat like Bukowski.

Unlike Buk, most of them can't write for shit to make up for how disgusting they are.

>mfw I am the only one in my general circle who makes a living off of writing
>mfw when I come up with my best shit while in the gym
>mfw I watch them all fail time and time again

I'm sorry, do you consider that pathetic rendition of a comic strip art? Mediocre people are mediocre at everything don't pay them any attention.

I actually have that picture somewhere on here
>Low bodyfat with impressive v-taper
That was given as an example of a bodybuilder, although unfortunately described as a "gymrat", but the character had pretty sweet arms with very wide shoulders and narrow hips in a gunshow pose and emphasis on lats
>Fat muscly body
Literally looked like Klokov at mid-high teens bodyfat, with still impressive arms that were dwarfed by the tree trunk that was his core. Both bodies actually looked pretty great. The great irony of the examples given is that they fairly accurately represent the difference in bone structures and musculatures between bodybuilders and heavy powerlifters / >strongmen
But there was absolutely zero understand or appreciation of the work and dedication that went into either body. Rustles my jimmies.

>mfw you use a fat lazy bastard child to demonstrate your mfw

Theatrefag here. I do everything from scenic design and tech work to acting. There's an interesting mix of people in terms of physical abilities there. There are a handful of girls that are hamplanets, but most sit in the skinnyfat range where they do the occasional yoga or cardio session. There's a much larger disparity amongst the men with guys who clearly lift, guys who looks like they would crumble if you put an empty bar on their back, and the chubby-bordering-on-obese guys.

It may be a little different from other arts because there's a larger personal image component that goes with the field, but there are many folks of both genders that buy into the buzzfeed DUDE PIZZA IS LIFE LMAO type shit. Especially with the fatter flaming guys

Ha!

Shit.

Those are discussing character illustration, retard.
She haaaates that it got sucked into Veeky Forums shit because the rest of the post, which never gets posted, is talking about what your audience will assume from different body types.
Contain your autism.

>containing autism
>on Veeky Forums
wew

The only thing more worthless than an artist is a writer.
Literally who cares?

>tfw professional musician
>tfw award winning writer
>tfw just started getting into classical oil painting

I also workout 6 days a week and carry a gun, so I have no fucking friends.

That's actually p. funny though

It's not that they are necessarily related it's just that artists are generally lefties and lefties are generally the "body acceptance" type which means they wont do shit to improve themselves because that's just the way they are

They've figured out the truth behind bulk/cut cycles.

I mostly know illustrators and other seamstresses/prop makers who also draw (but not for money). I would say most of them enjoy jogging, actually, or things like yoga. They don't seem opposed to lifting, but they seem to think that lifting light is the only way you should do it or you will get HYOOG and bulky. My art friends also just seem really busy and are TERRIBLE at managing their time so that's probably why they don't work out. The few that want to lift keep saying they are too out of shape to go to the gym. I think a lot of "artistic types" were bullied, including myself, and some still fear being bullied as an adult.

I am a full time artist though, and I like lifting a lot. I received a lot of positive messages from my art friends and clients when they found out what I look like and that I lift. A lot asked for advice that they never took.

Why is/ fit/ so insistent on bickering with people who have different lifestyles?

Because every other lifestyle is inferior

Tribalism.

Anyone have the original? Also tried to google the script and didn't get anything.

Can someone post this pls

Pls be in philly, I'll be your friend

I'm an artist (hobby of course) and I don't. However there are a lot like that. At the same time I do know a decent amount of artists who do go to the gym on a regular basis.

It's from a webcomic called Gaysome.

Why are people with different lifestyles so insistent on projecting about Veeky Forums?

Musician here. I don't lift as much as I should because I would rather focus on my craft. It is also in attempt to avoid injury, as my gigs are more important to me than my gains.

I do stay healthy through, eat fit and cardio commute. Just don't make time for the gym like I do for band practice.

Which city?

What's it like being a writer, is it a stressful or comfy job?

Also, I know that feel. I have the art, music, Veeky Forums, psychoactive things, etc. taste of a hipster but I'm also into paleocon politics, lifting, and guns. I tend to find normies boring and they tend to find me strange, but I end up pissing off every trendy friend group I enter with my bizarre mix of interests.

Feels lonely, man.

Rock the fuck on, I like you.

People limit themselves. I was always a pretty creative/artistic kid, and I was super active/fit as a kiddo, but in middle & high school I started to hate the "dumb jocks" and think I was superior to them. Secretly I wished I was strong, and I finally gave up my bullshit and came to realize I really enjoy physical pursuits in my latter teens.

The artsy types don't think they can be stronk, and the stronk guys don't think they can be artistic/expressive. Don't put yourself in a box, just be honest with yourself and everyone.

>The blood of your fathers has turned to water in your veins. Not your lot is it to be strong as they were. Having tasted neither life’s sorrows nor it’s joy, like a sickling you look at life through a glass. Your skin will shrivel, your muscles grow weak, tedium will devour your flesh destroying desire. Thought will congeal in your skull and horror will stare at you from the mirror. Overcome yourself, overcome yourself. I tremble, I seethe, I clench, I seize the haul.

Pic related, writer and gold medal olympic weight lifter.

>implying thats art

found it for you
gaysomecomic.tumblr.com/post/46062299329/14-self-confidence

Because art is about feeling
Lifting is about doing

Hence why most artists are politically left wing too

But body builders are artists they are using their own body and muscles as a medium and sculpting themselves

All I need to feel is the burn, baby.

My dad's pretty buff tho

Ugly artists are such a contradiction. Unless they seek to create beauty in order to generate what they lack?

My gymbro's one of the best artists I've ever seen and took himself from 100 lb highs school twink boy to 180 shredded and resting now at a comfortable 200ish husbando mode. Everybody's different.

Have you ever seen the shit they upvote on the comics section of Reddit? Fucking embarrassing. Can't even call them human desu. Always about some weird insecure bs and terrible jokes.

What is art is subjective.
What is beauty is subjective.
I hereby sentence you to 6 hours of reading Plato.

There's another page I can't seem to find.

coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/Abdomination-How-to-draw-beef-132538271

faggot.

you must not have read plato very closely.

art is not objective. artifice isn't a matter of opinion. beauty isn't a matter of opinion.

plato would contend exactly the opposite you dipshit

>Ugly artists are such a contradiction

What? Not really
Not everyone has the capacity for being beautiful but with a brain and skilled hands they have the capacity for creating beauty
And so they do
You sound stupid desu

wow u r smart

The rest of the image is equally retarded.
ex
>Iggy Pop as an example of thick string guy
She hates it got sucked into fitness discussion because it shows how retarded she is.

whatever you think of those artists, are your own opinions.

man, those stereotypical comments hurt me right in the feels though, famalams.

im a multimedia artist, ive been on /pol/ and Veeky Forums my whole life.

feels bad man

Take a look at the literal differences in bone structure
>Low bodyfat is just for show!
Maybe true, and in competition shape for actual contenders, definitely, but it implies anything under 10%bf is flashy and useless. We understand she's a normie, but we have limited tolerance.
Here you go.

It says he's rectangular.
Which he was.
It's also from 7 years ago.
I know reading is hard and there's a lot of words, but as I said before, it's discussing different body types of comic characters and what the suggest. Do you know what the word 'archetype' means?
She must have done something right, because she works at a well-known animation studio, while you're posting about bathtub chemicals and dick aesthetics on a Tyrolean cave painting forum.

>Wants to avoid injury
>Never carefully stress-recovery cycles his joints, bones, or muscles
WEW

I'm not repeating myself anymore. I'm done defending a webcomic artist I don't even like. You guys are denser than neutron stars sometimes.

>BASED

This gave me cancer

I laughed

that pic just implies that they never go running and got fat.

>expect stupid comic from generic tumblr art
>it's actually funny
huh.

Teach me sempai

Jfc that whole thing is making me cringe
>Lbm limits speed and flexibility
>6 packs come from only working some abs, 8 packs are a thing
>Abs come from crunches for days
>ECTO/ENDO/MESOMORPHS
>LIFTING FOR HYPERTROPHY GIVES YOU A BULGY GUT
>
FUCKING NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEE

>in comics

>Look at these illiterate lunks!
You espouse her credentials as though the popular appeal of her art makes her intelligent and informed regarding Veeky Forums. Literally the entire discourse is presented as >these are the perceptions about things because that is reality
When a little bit of insight into fitness goes to show that the majority of her knowledge comes from popular wisdom making her as bad as Trump and mom/broscience in that regard.
>She must have done something well
Clearly, and the shit she draws looks cool and both her comics have pretty decent humor and are enjoyable, but that says nothing to counter that normies are retarded, which was our whole point.

>saving a pepe from tumblr

Holy fuck..

I said before, it's missing an entire page that's like half disclaimer.

>iggy pop

>Implying implications
It implies nothing. It straight out says a bunch of bullshit and memes.

SS - GOMAD

not hard to see through the mirage. People associate hunks with being stupid because thats the only way to reassure their ego that its okay that someone is more alpha or physically attractive then themselves. Ironically, people who work hard to improve their physique or often more intelligent and more successful then their unmotivated counterparts.
tl;dr egotistical

>coelasquid.deviantart.com/art/Abdomination-How-to-draw-beef-132538271
> triggered

lol'd

>Disclaimer
Then literally says go look at irl people for this.
Google, actually, since I'm not in the habit of saving real pepe's.

the original image is worse than that snippet

it includes bullshit like
> chest will be smaller on soldiers cause functional hurrrrr
nigga soldiers do so many pushups that our chests have to be big

t. soldier

> you can only get abs through doing crunches, it definitely has nothing to do with your diet

> sprinters are wirey and skinny

and I could go on

Needs an edit with 'starting strength' by rippetoe.

>be PhD student in physics
>colleague I work closely with loves to bike and run
>supervisor sometimes takes the group hiking
>my gymbro is in the quantum gravity group
>non of them are the slightest obese
>mfw

>has nothing to do with your diet
>implying you can eat at surplus, never cut, become fat, and have abs

nigga pls

I find it hard to find a mix of open minded aesthetically but secularly conservative politically

Theyre stuck in their imagination, they never strive to accomplish anything real and instead focus on the imaginary, thus they resent those who do
t. unfit autist who draws

sorry but not having emotional distance as a man will not get you very far, especially with women.

Actually it works amazingly well for a detestable jerk I know...

How did you break into that? A friend's cousin is doing that shit and he said it's really hard to get into, but I feel like it's mainly connections.

Yeah, I'm pretty much the only one I've met.
>mfw

It makes you seem mysterious, attractive, and hard-to-get in the short-term, but they often end up resenting you in the long-term because they find you cold and think you don't care about them, or just because their emotional needs aren't being met.

t. extremely emotionally distant guy with a moderate amount of dating experience

You put it well, my emotionally distant friend.

That reminds me of something I heard from a very fit group of individuals once, they were truly committed and kind of insular.
"When we joined we took an oath."
"According to our stature, all without exception."
"On the blood of our fathers, on the blood, of our sons. We swore to uphold the Swolevenant."
"Even to our dying breath."
"Those who would break this oath are manlets, worthy of neither pity nor mercy! Even now they use our gyms' equipment incorrectly."
"We shall grind them into dust."
"And continue our march to glorious swolevation!"

read sun and steel

Did they burn the heretics?