American in Ukrainian Conflict

Blog post about American that served in Ukrainian Conflict last summer.
joshn1234.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/why-i-missed-a-semester-of-college/

not Veeky Forums

it will become part of history in, let's say, the next 20 years

then you can fuck off and hold your dick until then

Congratulations you fought on the wrong side.

>muh cucktyfive year rule

>0.05 rubles have been deposited into your account

>I wanted to feel important so I went and fought in a war I have no personal stake in, also I have epilepsy and school was hard
What a gay cunt, if he just said he hated and wanted to kill Russians I'd have more respect for him

Isn't serving in foreign paramilitary groups illegal in USA?

It's illegal in all signatories to the UN charter about it

So our poor Josh went full retard when he clipped his name to the article.

Yes, unless you're a Gurkha or French Foreign Legion it's a violation of the conventions on mercenaries

ebic meme fellow redditor XD XD XD

The rubles are flowing

Ukraine might be corrupt as all shit, but you can't really blame anyone there for thinking that getting closer to the EU is a much better idea than sticking close to Russia. EU > Russia in pretty much every important way.

Well I get it.
They wanted to get out of their shithole or wanted to EU come and fix their shit.
Guess what?
Its not gonna happen.
Its only get worse.

Congrats, you broke the law to fight for the side that shouldn't exist

Maybe, maybe not. In my view, it's worth trying. The thing is, I think it's very very likely that with Russia, things aren't going to get better (and weren't even before the latest shit), since Russia can't even get its own shit together and never has been able to, historically. At least with the EU, there's a chance.

Reminder the Mercenaries are not covered by the Geneva Convention and are considered criminals under international law. So basically they can do whatever the fuck they want to you and no one will give a damn.

Dear god, what a cringefest.

Things not gonna be better not because of Russia but because of oligarchs and thugs that control country and because of Ukrainians.
>some relevant greentext saved from time of clanking
You need a strongman to get rid of all these parasites who devour Ukraine.
At this point I think letting go Eastern parts would be a benefit for all. Then Lets the rest be managed by Poles and Lukaszenko.

The funny thing about all the "shill" accusations is that Russia is probably the only state that bothers shilling on Veeky Forums.

Guess it worked too, /pol/ has Russia's dick wedged so far down their throats it's amazing they can breathe.

Putin also supported Yanukovich, and Chabad are Putin's favorite Jews, from what I understand, so it's not like that greentext lets Putin off the hook.

wew americunts were a mistake

As for strongman, maybe, but where to find a decent one? They've already tried to have strongmen, but it seems they were all corrupt. Sad situation, for sure.

/Veeky Forums/ is full of influence pawns.
Yeah he pay him to keep Ukraine in his sphere.
Removing Yanuk was good idea - thing is he got replaced even by worse ones and western help/bribes was less worth than Russian one.
Someone similar to Lukaszenko. Ukraine were ruled by literal thugs and criminals. And still is.
At this point even return of the commies would be better(yes I know commies bad but seriously situation is that bad and getting worse).
That is why I suggest that letting rebelled areas go back free or to Russia is best idea. Now they only cost and they will cost more.
Then purge the rest.
But not EU or not Russia is willing or capable to do it.

Ukraine isn't joining the EU any time soon. It's more about being less dependent on Russia, and not being a total vassal state, or Russia 2.0.

Now they are full fledged failed state.
With war no pensions and people running mainly to Russia for work and to avoid draft.
And still they are dependent on Russian gas and oil.
Its look like UKR main goal is spit atRussians even at cost burning everything at home.

EU would probably have a pretty disruptive effect on Ukrainian markets as their economy is nowhere near as developed as the rest of Europes. Basically Ukrainian companies would largely go out of business, and Ukrainians would leave the nation en masse for better paying jobs to West. In short term, nobody really desires that.

Whole post-soviet sphere (except maybe Baltics?) has the attitude that state leaders are allowed to embezzle, create thug networks and personally profit as much as possible. No wonder -- they look at Daddy Russia and see well it works for Putin and His Merry Band of Mafioso.

>With war
Well, Russia could end the war in a split second if it wanted to. Can't really blame the Ukrainians for the war given that the war was started by Russia.

Familiarity breeds contempt.

Also, I don't know what you're trying to prove with that image. Who cares what the state language is? It's not like they're proposing to make speaking Russian illegal.

In short term, maybe not. But in the long term, it seems to me a better move than being close to Russia. The thing is, those Ukrainians who flee to the EU will establish networks connecting the EU and the Ukraine, and those networks might pay off in the future. But in the near term yes, the situation doesn't look good.

Jesus, that is extremely boring

It would fuck everybody who do not speak Ukrainian over.
protip
>many Ukrainians speak only Russians or use Surzyk or barely speak Ukrainian(even the ethnic ones)
It no wonder that this sort of shit spark opposition.
Also at first it was peaceful one. Guess what happened that it changed.

First you need purge. And that will not happen under EU. Because UKR will not join EU. War is one reason. Instability another. All economic toes are with Russia. UKR could go Lukaszenko way and play both sides but that they need somebody as Luka in charge. Not some thieving bastards.
Ukraine have nothing to offer Western Europe and Western Europe have no interest in spending money in 'helping' Ukraine. Hell UE will soon stop paying any subsidies to Eastern Europe.
Sure people rebelled because they had enough corruption and want leave this shit hole for EU and earn Euro.
They failed at first and they could not get second from the start.

>let the bodies

>It would fuck everybody who do not speak Ukrainian over.
Only a little bit. It's not like it would be hard to get stuff translated for official business. Russia has 100s of languages too, but only one official language at the national level.
As for violence, yes it is very unfortunate. However, the proper response is not to immediately invade the country. If there is clear evidence that ethnic Russians are being targeted on something more than a small-scale criminal level, then maybe you invade. Because after all, people die when you invade, too, or when you support secessionists.

somebody is seething haha

There are huge problems there. I just wish Russia would help them rather than try to fuck them over and make it harder for them in relation to Europe.

There were no invasion. Later Russia help separatist but it start because of one LARPer and angry/scared locals.
>Yeah lets help people who do not want help themselves and instead prefer screwing us
I bet that USA would help Mexico or Canada if they were welcoming China or Russia.
Seriously if you look closely Ukraine is a Mexico(or maybe independent California) of Russia.
Both keep in the state of low scale perpetual war(one with separatist, second with cartels).

>There were no invasion.
Crimea??????
>I bet that USA would help Mexico or Canada if they were welcoming China or Russia.
Whataboutism.
And how exactly were the Ukrainians "screwing" Russia?

I am talking about civil war and ATO.
>And how exactly were the Ukrainians "screwing" Russia?
Outside of anti Russian rhetoric where they want ban Russian language, call for Moscal slaughter , beat opposition members(the pro Russian one), demand free oil and gas and refuse paying debts and block trade with Russia(including military components). Not even mention threats to throw out Russians from Sevastopol(which was main reason why Crimea was annexed).

>I am talking about civil war and ATO.
You don't think that regular Russian units entered Ukraine on multiple occasions to help the secessionists? I followed the conflict pretty closely, and I doubt it would have played out the way it did if the Russians really just sent equipment and let volunteers fight there.
>beat opposition members(the pro Russian one)
If such things happened, it would have made sense for Russia to first file formal complaints with international bodies and demand that the ill-treatment stopped, then warned of specific consequences if it did not stop, and only then invade if necessary.
>which was main reason why Crimea was annexed
Why are you so sure? I mean maybe, but why such conviction when it could easily have been just a geopolitical move with no altruistic motivations.

Americans never cease to amaze me
>Holodymer
>Euromaiden
>Yanukovisch
>Vladimir Lenin, the founder of Communism
>The Ukrainian people had always lived under Russian czars
>I spent two days in the Tourist Hotel again, with nothing to do except eat at the McDonald’s across the street and wait for time to go by.
>I had made a promise to God that, if I became a soldier and made it through combat, I would become a pastor
>My only problem with them is that they were always asking to borrow my phone-one of the only smart phones on base-to the point that, as I said before, I felt like I was getting scammed.
>There are assholes in the world, even in Ukraine, even in the Right Sector. It is especially not easy as a naïve American. People were always needing small amounts of money on loan. I lost no more than $100 or so, but it did annoy me the people there lacked respect for me in this way. On my last night there some of the boys took me out for Ukrainian Independence Day. We saw some fireworks in town, and the boys started to ask me over Translate if I had $80-or 2,000 hryivna that the group could use to go clubbing. I told them I did not and they said they did not believe me and they would be “disappointed” in me if they got back to base and found out I was lying. They also more or less tried to strong arm me into giving them the money.
>Sergey was adamant on the fact that they needed $1,000 for my weapon and $500 for the equipment. I remember one particularly tense conversation between me and him in my room where he said I needed it or else we could not work anything out. I was running very low on funds at this point and had to reach out to my parents to help me out.
>I told ... about who I had met up with and he was quick to tell me that they were scammers ... I found out, it is a good business to pretend to be helping veterans and pocket the money. The $1,500 that I had given these men-through literally infinity $40 ATM transactions-would go to nothing.

who needs knowledge when there are adventures to be had out their in weird and exotic foreign places?

>but you can't really blame anyone there for thinking that getting closer to the EU is a much better idea than sticking close to Russia.

Yes, you can. Because that's what Russians were thinking where USSR was collapsed. If one still believes "civilised west" is fucking dreaming about drowning ruskies or cockholes with freebies, he deserves every shit that could happen with his failed state.

I was actually willing to give the shitty blog post a try, until he started talking about his upbringing, his home state, the hospital he was born at, and his fucking AP classes. OP, NOBODY GIVES A SHIT. And that dude (I'm assuming you, OP) sounds immature and naive even for his age, and I do mean now, not just when he fucked off to Ukraine.

Terrible writing and composition.

i mean he had the balls to go do it and fly to ukraine but it appears he forgot them in the baggage claim and got shaken down at every oblast this side of the urals

>kosovo deserves to be independent
>meanwhile, ukraine is allowed to own crimea
>bear in mind there are as many tatars in crimea as there are ukrainians
i hate america

Was the Ukraine engaged in a brutal ethnic war in Crimea? Cause, whoever you think should get most of the blame in Kosovo, it was certainly a quite different situation.