M-m-mental health outranks physical health, being fat is fine if you're confident

>M-m-mental health outranks physical health, being fat is fine if you're confident
>T-t-the BMI is outdated

ted.com/talks/kelli_jean_drinkwater_enough_with_the_fear_of_fat

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RLu_hdlWUkI?t=9m32s
youtu.be/SDKLOt7L3qY
youtu.be/v6mMpE8AaA0?t=2573
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0033308
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17059845
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18678794
youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why do they fail to realize that physical health influences mental health?

The irony of that last name really made me think

According to the BMI most people here are overweight.
So yes, it is outdated.

I understand why she has to fight so much for thinking fat is okay
Because that's all she has left now
Look at her she has clearly reached to point of no return, if she loses weight she'll look deformed
She has to keep on being fat

No need to hate, though

Remember when TED was credible?

This is TEDx. Anyone can go on TEDx

According to bf% most people here are overweight too

Why is it that you so rarely see people who aren't disgusting lard golems talking about this stuff. You'd think they'd have at least accrued a few strongfat powerlifters to talk about this so it might have a shred of a veneer of validity instead of just coming off like fucking Super Pochaco rationalizing her own deviant habits and lack of self control.

Point Of No Return, I like that.
PNR

I will now refer to people beyond a certain threshold as PNR's. Thanks user!

The BMI is outdated though

BMI is inaccurate if you are tall and/or train for strength but is still accurate when it says these bitches are obese

No.

Bmi is inaccurate.

11% bf and I'm 'overweight', nearing obese?

Fuck right off

(yes I fraud)

This. Science says we are physical beings through and through our consciousness is affected by our physical body and vice versa. There is a reason why the CDC says strength training can be as efficient as anti depressant meds.

My high school team's running back was like 5'7 230 and built like a fucking brick house and he was considered morbidly obese by the BMI.

It's pretty bullshit.

> Like any form of systematic oppression, fatphobia is deeply rooted in complex structures like capitalism, patriarchy and racism

BTFO

This

BMI is faulty when you're looking at individuals. It's a simplistic means to view appropriate weight of a large group/population.

her fucking last name is drink water

where do these fucking people with names directly describing or mocking their problems come from

> It is this fear that's feeding the diet industry, which is keeping so many of us from making peace with our own bodies, for waiting to be the after-photo before we truly start to live our lives. Because the real elephant in the room here is fatphobia

THE DIET INDUSTRY IS THE PROBLEM

SAVE US MC'D's, FROM THE GREEDY CAPITALISTS PIGS TRYING TO SELL US VEGETABLES AND GYM MEMBERSHIPS

Ted talks has been a joke for awhile now.

>people in the crowd actually cheering her on
That made me uncomfortable

> BEING FAT IS OK!

youtu.be/RLu_hdlWUkI?t=9m32s

Reminder that no matter how good some TED talks are the org is cult like.

youtu.be/SDKLOt7L3qY

The only people who take TED Talks seriously are pseudo-intellectuals who have no understanding of the field being discussed.
And TEDx is just a bastard child of TED.

>Super Pochaco
right time to go find more fat japanese drawings to jack off

>tedtalks
>this shit
It all started with TEDx.
>at TEDxSydney
Oh wait yeah it's always TEDx, TED still pumps out good shit. No one should ever bother with TEDx.

How long did she walk around before she began to break out into a sweat and had to sit down?
One, five, ten minutes?

Anyway, she's just a shill for the fat slothful and greedy block of perma consumers for multiple industries
A "ITS OKAY TO BE HORRIBLY OBESE AND CONSUME SHITLOADS AND BY THINGS" mouth piece for multiple industries.
Lots of money to be made in that.

Is it me or is she breathing heavily just from existing?

Because strongfats are actually usually fit and healthy and wouldn't advocate for these unhealthy and self-delusional sea cows.

This fatty is standing there talking about health at any sice while being out of breath from simply talking!

miring her calves in that video. although calves on a calf doesn't count

Remember a time when people knew the difference between TED and TEDx?

false

bmi is an arbitrary number, with no mathematical meaning, it was developed to diagnose obesity on populations with very few amounts of data

bf% proceeds from a mathematical formula and conveys understandable information (what percentage of my weight comes from fat?)

Holy shit, no fucking way.
It's the same fucking landwhale that based Julius already had to deal with.

Un-fucking-believable. She got even fatter. My fucking sides.

youtu.be/v6mMpE8AaA0?t=2573

subliminal messaging

yeah I recognized her fat ass

Fat """""people""""" should be forcibly euthanized

Kilo Genes Drinksoda?

despite its arbitrary nature it still represents populations well, and since we look at risk in terms of population, it's appropriate to generalize out. If anything it has a bias to false negatives journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0033308

tee bee aych tho, strongfats still have higher risk for the beetus even though they can deadlift like 20pl8

>kelly-jean drinkwater

my sides

I think she's put on weight since then

her BMR must be in quintuple digits yet she stills gains weight
that's some fucking dedication

Funny how much retarded shit women get away with it. If it was fat man saying that shit he would be a total loser. Instead this hambeast has people clapping for her

>Let's no sugarcoat it

3 minutes in and all she's done is talk about what a lazy piece of unmotivated, stagnating shit she is

I'm assuming there's going to be a punchline eventually
along the lines of, "that's all bulllshit, fat powah!!"

>There are doctors, academics and bloggers who have written countless volumes on the many facets of this complex subject. There are fatshionistas who reclaim their bodies and their beauty by wearing fatkinis and crop tops, exposing the flesh that we're all taught to hide. There are fat athletes who run marathons, teach yoga or do kickboxing, all done with a middle finger firmly held up to the status quo.

>bloggers
>fatshionistas
>fatkinis
>fat athletes

I guess this her form of whale some to the of her lying whales in straya.

BMI can be faulty

but there is no doubt she is morbidly obese BMI has nothing to do with anything, she probably weighs nearly 400 lbs

there is nothing healthy about that, BMI is out the window when you weigh 3x as much as you should and can't breathe

>Claiming space for myself in that glorious FourFour was the first step towards becoming a radical fat activist

NOOOOO
it should have been the first step towards becoming a radical FIT activist

How can you get it THAT wrong??!

>I'm unhappy with myself, it must be everybody else's fault

This is nearing a crime. Encouraging people to be/stay fat isn't far too different from encouraging someone to snort coke.

We don't fear fat we're just disgusted by it

>The only people who take TED Talks seriously are pseudo-intellectuals who have no understanding of the field being discussed.
That is extremely dependent on the topic being discussed. There are notable talks that are given by people who absolutely know what they're talking about.

>Drinkwater

Is this another one of those whiteys who think they're natives or some shit?

No, it's a weird Australian name

>literally panting between every sentence

they forget the brain is an organ of the body.

Not when there's that much money in keeping and making people obese sedentary consumers and eventual pocket fillers for doctors and the like.

They exist as ways to fatten the wallets of certain people. That's all.

It is actually more akin to making them do a whole gram of coke a day. Smoking a pack of cigs a day. Or smoking meth. These people live horrible lives, look hilarious and die early. Methheads but with food instead.

>There is a reason why the CDC says strength training can be as efficient as anti depressant meds.
That's not true, though. There's no causal effect between exercise and greater mental health.

>CONCLUSION: Exercise participation is associated with higher levels of life satisfaction and happiness. This association is non-causal and appears to be mediated by genetic factors that influence both exercise behavior and well-being.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17059845

>CONCLUSION: Regular exercise is associated with reduced anxious and depressive symptoms in the population at large, but the association is not because of causal effects of exercise.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18678794

>its an Australian name

Fix'd

>roidfag complaining that BMI isn't accurate for him

Bmi is for sedentary populations, it active individuals. If you can't reach overweight by BMI and under 15% body fat you're DYEL

Fucking postmodern metanarritive bullshit.

This.

It's literally cut and paste, paint by numbers, SJWing.

>have a trait
>someone hurted your feefees about that trait
>it's part of Le systematic oppression that comes from capitalism
>we must be reprogrammed to see the truth

Not everything is racism. Planets are doing this to themselves and using fancy SJWspeak tot ray to guilt us into following them down their very, very wide rabbit hole.

Blaming the diet industry is just their version of the j00z. Completely ignoring that they are supporting Big Fastfood. Fucking ridiculous.

That's my point fgt. BMI is something like an average or a heuristic for populations. All these faggots ITT saying hurr durr it doesn't work for me are retarded.

martin is my dude

Is she a Veeky Forumsizen with her jewish supplement conspiracy theory??

>Mental health outranks physical health
Any decent psychiatrist will tell you that the best treatment for mental health consists of routine, sleep, nutrition and exercise. Medicine is always an adjunctive treatment, and only when necessary. When your lifestyle goes to shit, your mental health goes to shit. When your body is a mess, you're likely a mess. That is not "being happy", and anyone who tries to delude themselves into thinking that they're okay with their obesity is the most ill of all.

Considering that my psychiatrist has had to see me through constant alcoholism, a pothead phase, a meth phase, a few roid cycles, a psychotic emergency hospitalisation and me occasionally disappearing for months on end and him thinking I'm dead, he has nothing but praise for my gym habit. And if these fatties are telling people that being continuting to be fat will make them happy, not only are they wrong and deluded, but they are also giving dangerous and irresponsible advice for depressed and desperate people who are just looking for any excuse not to feel like the useless lazy evolutionary failures that they are.

lmao she sounds like she needs to take a deep breath after each sentence.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yFhR1fKWG0

I heard chocolate makes you happy for a while ;(

lmao she runs out of breath giving her talk

>Kelli Jean Drinkwater
more like Kelli Jean Drinkdietcoke

Urgh, her and her blubberkin are making a """documentary""" called Aquaporka. The trailer is just a bunch of fat boils swimming in a pool. So if it really is a documentary then it's either about buoyancy or whales. I doubt it though, it's most likely about what fats can do or something, but conveniently leaving out the fact that fats can also lose weight through diet and workout. I'm doing it.

She does, she's practically being smothered by her fat.

TLDR;

The three forms of *breath* discrimination in this country is *breath* men, racism, and fat shaming *breath*. Blah Blah *breath* when I was a fat little girl I couldn't fit into a tutu *breath* it made me sad so I ate even more *breath* and I don't want to change so you HAVE to accept me *breath* thank you.

I'm glad not everyone is buying into her horse shit.

What would you guys do if you found out your fat daughter was a fat acceptance activist?

it's amazing how the human mind can make up a hugely complex value system and worldview to be able to live with (read:ignore) reality.

not only in her mind she is fighting a holy war, being reasonable and true and just and heroic against the forces of evil, but she's also convinced that she came up with it herself, that it's her autonomic decision, not realizing it's a defense - unconscious automated response - to how others ("society") see her.

what are some of your misconceptions Veeky Forums that you project onto the world, because of how people treat you?

Try and show her the error of her ways using reason and real science. I can't really take direct, restrictive access without compromising my own moral beliefs in freedom and further strengthening her beliefs through victim complex.

Best bet I have is subtly showing her the error of her ways; Always act energetically, always move with speed and focus. I may not be able to do much, but I can get her to clean up her room; find many physical chores for her to do.

Of course, this is all assuming I am a single father; if not, then this just got a lot more complicated.

it's a vicious cycle

the more she shuns beauty standards the more she will be rejected

the more she is rejected the harder her position and resistance will be

HAHAHAHA I had left fit for quite some time .. some how came across this ted talk and my mind went straight here

Not sure if it's a misconception, because I truly believe it, but in my eyes power is the one force that determines your worth and quality of life. It's the main reason I exercise these days.

y-yes, I will have a daughter some day

"reclaiming spaces that are often prohibitive to bigger bodies"

unbelievable

how would you define power? over yourself? over others? social power?

Of course it's also crowdfunded.
JFC, there is nothing remarkable about manatees returning to the fookin waterhole.

well she can build a whole career and relationships from her disadvantage instead of just fixing the problem

Plus the diet industry as a whole isnt even as profitable as Mcdonalds.

All of the above, in addition to financial power and a few others.

If it involves me finally being in control of my life and actually being able to get my way, I'll take it.

"fear of fat"

user we are brothers let's meet up for the good of ourselves.

user was talking about the audience of TED, not the presenters... idiot.

Not sure if we can.

Of course she has a colorful tattoo and black nail polish.

Always two gigantic red flags. I'm surprised she doesn't have her hair in a non natural color as well.

>Drinkwater

She does no such thing

Staunch denial in the face of reason

Lust for power is one of the best motivators, Midwest US here.