The Scary New Science That Shows Milk Is Bad For You

Evidence suggests dairy doesn't do a body good—so why does the government still push three servings a day?

Considering taxpayers spend an estimated $4.5 billion a year to subsidize dairy, many experts believe this new science deserves more attention. "We need to realize the economic and health effects of drinking that much milk," says David Levitsky, a professor in Cornell University's Division of Nutritional Sciences, "and the role that the dairy industry plays in setting the agenda."

motherjones.com/environment/2015/10/dairy-industry-milk-federal-dietary-guidelines

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes, milk is good for bones, it prevents pic related

Rickets is caused by a vitamin D deficiency. If you're relying on milk for vitamin D, you're fucked anyway.

In the north it's a viable supplement as there is little to no sun for months.

rickets is also caused by a calcium deficiency. milk marketing board isn't very good at advertising it seems.

Those dudes got swag

What evidence suggests milk doesn't do a body good?

Dairy consumer who isn't even able to read the article detected

>yeah dude i agree milk is terrible
>it's poison making us fat
>hold on lemme get us another round of beers
>let's share a pizza

you fucking idiot

feck off gainz goblin

I'm not clicking that shit.

Give me a TL:DR, and if it's implying correlation = causation as your image seems to suggest, you can fuck right off.

Why should I care?

Osteoporosis doesn't exist in men. It's almost exclusively a complication related to menopause

For the same reason why da gub'mint is pushing for Clinton to become president. They don't give a fuck, and it's all about power and special interests.

If milk is bad for people, then that makes the medical industry more money.

just almond milk your way to success

>childish le ubboat meme image of a cross-sectional univariate ecological correlation without any statistical analysis
>liberal arts major's journalism on cherry-picked low brow associational diet surveys nobody in the field takes seriously, a few retards making bold claims about literature they're not well-versed in and some baseless conspiracy theories instead of the higher quality evidence the guidelines are using because it's not sufficiently sensationalist

Get out you disgusting pop sci manchild

OP's story cites a Harvard long term study

my vitamin d level is 8.1 haha
everything's fine with me tho, 199cm 99kg like 15% fat

You mean miscites? Clickbait is incompatible with the former.

Reminder that spooky skeletons are literally bones

Tldr a lot of dumb out of context shit. Also people who drinks shitloads of milk per day have higher risks of fractures... so fatasses have higher risks of getting fractures? Who coulve guessed...

Netherlands here.
We consume a fuckton of milk and we're the tallest people on earth. Your science is shit.

>omg I saw this meme on facebook, I'm never touching milk again

>David Levitsky
Hmm...

Milk is the only reason I have enough of it, I had to get prescription supps for vit D at one point.

Fleshy propaganda to keep our skeleton bros oppressed

>drinking milk
what's the benefit of pretending to be calf?

>David Levitsky
Reminder that it's ONLY kikes pushing for the ban on milk

Reminder that since the Proto-Indo-European peoples got the lactose tolerance mutation they've been the strongest and tallest ever since.
This is not a coincidence.

Calves are swole as shit, bruh. If a calf slapped your girlfriend's ass in the club the fuck would you do about it?

>People in first world countries with a high standard of living consume a lot of milk
>People in these countries also grow old enough to get osteoporosis
>hurr it's becuz of da milKKK!!!
wtf I hate milk now

Since it came out of Harvard it must be true, right? Not like anyone there could have an agenda? Wrong!
youtube.com
/watch?v=0mSASrzCuBw

>no links
>no proof
>just opinions masquerading as facts

It has been known for decades that casein inhibits uptake of calcium. All other benefits still apply, especially when comparing to whole milk.

Asians and europeans are more susceptible to osteoporosis. And its main cause is AGE. Lower estrogen in women, Lower testosterone in men.

Odd the nations in your pic suffer more? Vitamin D is produced by the skin when It absorbs sunlight. These are countries where people are "pale" and dont seen much sunlight.

This isnt all.

Great bait though

>mother jones

Isn't there some sort of a board dedicated for filth like you?

It doesn't have as much calcium as other things

Because apparently, that was there only reason normie drink it

Disagreeing with white people being terrible and needing to be abolished makes you a /pol/fag now?

Yeah fuck reading that trash website

Harvard is a biased trashy sham of an institution

HOLY SHIT OP ON SUICIDE WATCH

It's Mother Jones, fampai. Why are you expecting anything other than pop sci?

You sound like a swell fellow. Next round's on me. What kind of pizza?

>defending someone who wants to kill whites

In my slavland country we bash up people like you

Feels good not living in cuckmerica

As a PoC there's nothing worse than virtue signaling white makes like him

They think sucking up to us earns them brownie points

>muh /pol/ bogeyman
how to be an sjwtard 101...

back to your hugbox

SOL, you might havr been a spammy asshole but i thought you where white.

Or is It too early 2readgud

Who the fuck drinks milk for Vit D?
If you're not drinking it for protein, you're not gonn make it

RIP OP.

Stopped drinking milk a long time ago, when I realised that almost 80% of the entire population is lactose intolerant in some way. Never had that much issues from lactose but my stomach did start to feel better and less bloated when I stopped drinking milk

I'm not white

One of my main hobbies is picking on white liberals

>Stopped drinking milk a long time ago, when I realised that almost 80% of the entire population is lactose intolerant in some way

>Other people can't do this thing, so I should stop doing it too

No, I decided to test if I did feel better when I stopped drinking milk, and like I said, my stomach did feel better than when it did when I drank it

If I wouldve felt no different I wouldve continued to drink milk.

>What is comprehensive reading

Oh liberals only. I can like with that.

DAISY fucks your ONEITIS whilst suckling MILK while your bones SNAP from CALCIUM deficiency

haha you still have that shitty ass halloween shit

KeK

also
>people in first world countries who spend most of their time indoors and not doing anything physical
>but it's because of milk

>David Levitsky
Aren't like 99.9% of Jews lactose intolerant?

I also dropped milk and quark from my diet. My acne went to minimal and stomach is less bloated. Still eat cheese and I'm not 100 % dairy free but feel a lot better now when cut dairy products down.

If your stomach gets bloated from drinking milk you have mild lactose intolerance

Men don't drink milk. Milk is for babies. Men drink beer.

Or you're just lean.

Faggot numales drink beer. Shitty poorfags drink beer. Men drink wine.

Nicely said

Babies drink milk. Faggot numales drink beer. Fedora tipping autists drink wine. Men drink vodka and whiskey

>Men drink wine.

Yeah if your a pansy, hard liquor or bust.

Okey, so to clear some things up. Lactose intolerance DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN'T DRINK MILK. It means YOU CAN'T DRINK A LOT OF MILK, how much depending on how much lactose the milk contains.
And using milk in any kind of cooking or dairy products is almost completely fine, since that removes most of the lactose. Cheese isn't a problem for lactose intolerants.
And regarding the name, or calling yourself "lactose intolerant", that is only a thing in countries where that causes an actual problem. In Mediterranean countries for example, nothing really contains much lactose anyway, so most people doesn't have anything to worry about. If someone claims they can't eat some food with milk in it because they are intolerant, that's bullshit (or they have some allergy, which isn't lactose intolerance at all).

Not true.

Poorfag slavs drink vodka.

I'll give you a + on vhiskey though.

Men and women drink anything they want to, I believe.

Being a grown man or women irrespective of what a person drinks. A wee bit inconsequential.

a u t i s m

I bloat from everything when around 6%. Thats not true bloat but a distended stomach though.

When you're fat you cant tell the difference.

"milk r good :^)" is a cancerous american corporate invention

Driving cars is a cancerous American corporation invention. Doesn't mean it's not nice to have a car.

The new Silent Hill movie is looking good.

Babies drink milk. Normies drink beer. Faggots drink wine. Alchoholists drink hard liquor. Real men dont need alchohol to get through life

>Highest rate of osteoporosis

People who say this interpret stats wrongly.
The reason why disease rates are often higher in developed countries is because in non-developed countries those diseases don't get diagnosed at all.
Plus, in developed countries, genes are weaker due to easier lives in the past few centuries, which allows diseases to become more occurent among us.
osteoporosis might aswel not be linked to milk consumption

*tips respectfully in your direction*

Yes most people in these countries are sedentary as fuck and I'm willing to bet that they have higher numbers of overweight issues (maybe not so much Sweden but they get no vitamin D which works with calcium )
So the people don't exercise much thus not strengthening their bodies ( or going outside ) so their bodies are weaker including their bones and it also so happens they eat tons of processed dairy shit
If you're not lactose intolerant, enjoy your superior evolution genes

>Metaresearch done, correlation may have been found ACCORDING TO THE USED DATA
>MILK IS LITERALLY HITLER U GUYS!!11!!!!1
Here we fucking go again. I swear to God doing research should be a mandatory course on every school

Came to post this

but I'm not Dutch

medfag here.

this is bullshit.

your body needs calcium + vitamin D to make strong bones. if you dont have both, then no strong bones.

also the reason why developed countries have higher rates of oestoporosis is because in non-developed countries people dont live old enough to get it in the first place. they die instead.

and that research is flawed as fuck. osteoporosis is measued via dexa scans, which is a actual measure of bone density.

intake/output does not equate to actual serum calcium, or bone calcium, as changes take approx. 3-6 months to have an effect, plus not all calcium is lost in your bowels, some of it is lost in urine too.

fuck these hipster fucks. i want to go to his house and challenge him to a fistfight. if i beat the shit out of him he must never write shit like this again.
that or i punch him hard enough in the temple he gets permenant brain damage. either way will do.

I fucking hate hipsters thinking they know anything. like that fuck pete evans telling a lady with osteoporosis to cut milk out of her diet because it saps the calcium from her bones over facebook.

Does this mean I also have to drop my whey?

>Plus, in developed countries, genes are weaker due to easier lives in the past few centuries
That is horseshit

It isn't. Because of developments on the medical fields disease resistance decreases among society. We are keeping the weak alive with medicine. Take away the medicine, and a great portion of society will not survive.
We rely on medical development rather than genetic development (aka natural selection)

It's a nice theory, but you'll have to back that up with some credible studies before it is in any way believable

pretty sure 2-3 generations wont make any difference to the genes

ur fucking stupid as fuck

I'm just saying that people who heavily rely on medicine (for example, diabetic) are becoming more common because medicine allows them to stay alive and reproduce

Lad, please.

Or are you pulling the "I identify as non white" tumblr bullshit?

Sounds legit (srs)

Milk is sugary as fuck, and most of the good stuff is destroyed in the pasteurization process, of course it isn't great for you

Yeah milk is bad
Because non whites, aka non humans, can't disgest it

Casein inhibits the uptake of dietary calcium. Which is why milk is a mediocre source of calcium.

Thats what i remember anyway. Its been a while.

But subpar =/= harmful.

babies drink milk and they grow fast

oldfags drink beer, they die

>tfw false white
>can drink 4 litres of milk a day easy with no issues
having white skin is a fucking blessing even if you're ethnically armo

>drink milk to defeat the skeleton inside you
GOMAD

Milk isn't that good for you and I don't drink it regularly anymore but for growing kids it is.

>Osteoperosis
A disease that only occurs late in life, when most peoples' milk consumption has tapered off. That actually proves milk is good for you dumbass.

>motherjones
Who let you out of your shed?

Why? Because there is a metric fuck ton of money in the milk industry and milk products and products designed to help people with diseases that come from drinking milk.

Why do you think health classes, pe, and even thinking or acting like a normal selfaware child-young adult has been abolished in all schools?
There.

That's literally some random kid

Actually we are weaker because it's been proven that a massive chunk of modern diseases are in fact lifestyle based and directly attributed to modern society.

Proof pls.

Citations pls.

No longer HEALTH and fitness so wtf.