Doc is putting me on finasteride/proscar to save my hair. Any of you on it? Will this kill my gains?

Doc is putting me on finasteride/proscar to save my hair. Any of you on it? Will this kill my gains?

I'm taking finesteride to stop hair loss. I feel no side effects from it so No gain loss what so ever. But I have heard other people experince side effects from it.

Been on it for a week, had a slight ball ache for the first three days which went away. Now we wait a year and see if I get any results.

And I don't know why anyone would be worried about their gains when it comes to Fin, because DHT is androgenic, not anabolic. The 15% rise in testosterone you get from Fin should if anything better your gains, if you keep your E2 and SHBG under control that is.

Take fin, take vitamin D3, boron, magnesium and some natural AIs and you should be fine.

I got a subscription from walgreens and pay $10.00 every 3 months for the stuff and I live in the United States and have no healthcare.

>if you keep your E2 and SHBG under control that is.

please elaborate

also what are AIs?

>E2 = Estradiol, a form of estrogen.

As well as causing an average of 15% rise in testosterone, Fin also causes a slight rise in E2 due to the 5-ar enzyme being inhibited. You see, testosterone can remain pure testosterone or:

>Be converted in to DHT by the 5-ar enzyme, Fin inhibits this mechanism
>Be converted in to E2 by a process called aromatization
>Bind to SHBG, rendering it useless because it'll be unable to convert in to neither DHT nor E2

>AIs = Aromatose inhibitors, they inhibit the aromatization process

thx, then what can I practically do to "keep them under control"?

so E2 is the bad guy? as estrogen is a female hormon?

Boron, magnesium and vitamin D3 are supps that have been shown to lower your SHBG, giving you more free testosterone.

Zinc, vitamin E, boron, grape seed extract, DIM, choline and calcium D-glucarate are supps that inhibit / impact the aromatization process.

And when it comes to foods make sure that you cook your shit in olive oil, use a lot of onions, have a glass of red wine every now and then and that disgusting tablespoon of coconut oil on a regular basis.

E2 is like cancer to men, it has feminizing effects and elevated levels of it during puberty can fuck with your bone development. But, all men need a little bit of estrogen in their systems to function normally. But these days men tend t have too much E2 in their systems.

And yes, estrogen is a "female hormone".

Not the guy you asked but

your body tries to keep your hormones in balance with each other. You pro due test, progesterone, and estrogen. If your test goes up or down your body will try to do the same to your estrogen to keep their levels balanced. I would guess that the increase in testosterone due to going on fin is a result of most of your testosterone not being converted to DHT, therefore more gets converted to E2 so your estrogen levels are higher - then your body ups the test to compensate.

The absolute levels of your hormones don't matter a lot, unless you aren't producing a minimum amount. If you are within normal ranges you will not notice an effect of having slightly more of each or less of each. To get an androgenic effect you have to supplement to supra physical doses.

So basically you should take something like a Zinc supplement while on fin to keep the estro in check?

I don't know if zinc will be enough. But that's one of the things I take.

Doesn't finastride fuck you up for life? Erectile disfunction, memory issues, etc.?

Highly unlikely.

There's a fucking finastrise syndrome though. Seems like a very dangerous thing just for some hair gains. No cure either.

Are you on it? Do you know anyone who've taken it and experience adverse effects? Have said adverse effects been persistent?

Every hair loss forum I've ever visited seems to be split in two groups: those who adore finastride, and those who got turned into castrated cucks by finastride and want to strangle whoever invented it.

It's confusing.

I also got it prescribed by my doctor.
After I visited the named forums I am scared as hell to take it. :/

All you can do is to roll the dice and find out for yourself.

Maybe you get sides, maybe you don't. Maybe they subside, maybe they don't. Maybe the go away after quitting the drug, maybe they persist. Maybe you regrow your hair, maybe you keep losing.