What are some tips to not become "that guy" at the gym"

What are some tips to not become "that guy" at the gym"

Never do a routine and just do what everyone else is doing

Basically just be a cuck doormat and never get on anyone's nerves

Unrack the 45s... Holy shit I hate that.

Just please don't be the guy that doesn't tip the receptionist

not gon unrack the 45s on the leg press. its easier to take just a few off than to load up all the plates for the next person

Leg press sure, because nobody is doing less than a set of 45s. Definitely take a few off tho. I'm talking about barbells.

Don't poop on the floor or roll in it after

Bring a partner

Your gym may say that they're singles-friendly, but let's be real, everyone hates singles cause they just don't make it

Veeky Forums scolded me for complaining that I don't have a gym buddy tho

those people who use chalk even though the gym has signs not to use it.

wtf it gets everywhere and doesn't do anything. just get some weightlifting gloves like a normal.

get yourself some nice basketball shorts

Don't drop the fucking weights

Yeah on your last rep of some heavy deadlifts it might come down hard but don't be that cunt who is slamming shit every god damn rep

worse still are those cunts who unrack weights by just pushing them off the fucking bar onto the floor

>that guy who dumbell presses 2 200lb dumbells
>and insists on dropping them from full height on the last rep

Part of the rep is to bring them down in a slow controlled manner, wtf is he doing

So pretty much don't be an retarded faux-macho man to not be "that guy"?

don't go to the gym

Is this one of those jokes that have some semblance of truth to them?

remember: trying is the first step towards failure

It's funnier when "don't go to the gym" implies that everyone who goes to the gym is "that guy"

Dunno, I kinda like that it can have two different meanings.

yeah. what didnt you understand?

3/4 of posts in "that guy" threads don't deal with faux-macho dudebro.

That's because they're all troll threads. How long have you been here?

Haven't even started lifting yet matey, that's why I made this thread

You'll fit right in then.

Don't randomly hand out lifting gloves to strangers.

Do keep a bowl of eggs in a baggie and offer them to cardio bunnies.

Live in LA? Chicago Bulls shorts. Detroit? Chicago Bulls. Chicago? Red Wings shorts.

Make sure you grunt as loud as possible when curling 50 pounds on the EZ bar.

Just leave said EZ bar between two benches when you're done. Only a cuck puts shit away.

Doing triceps pulldowns on the lat machine? Makes sure to SLAM the weights into the top of the machine every time. It's like that sledgehammer bell ringing game at the fair; you're not making it unless you're breaking it.

This. It's only okay to leave the 45s on the leg press and the oly platform

>being too autistic to ask a random for a spot
You're never gonna make it, breh

>I'm not allowed to leave 1pl8 on the bench
>I'm not allowed to leave 1pl8 on the squat rack

Because ppl for sure are goingt o squat or bench less than 1 pl8 other than 1/500 guys that just got started + sedentary lifestyle + never played sports in high school + low test levels + poor diet

1) I could need the bar for other lifts like military press
2) I have a spinal condition and can't be unracking 45s. I do my bench presses in multiples of 35.

typical cookie cutter, if you ever came to my gym i would make you give me a rusty trombone while i do leg curls

>doing The Press in the squat rack

>be a complacent faggott like you are in every other aspect of your life. Be a fucking sheep. Don't be different. Basically never make gains or try anything new.

t. dyel

-Shower.
-Rerack your weights.
-Don't slam the weights unless it's a powerlifting gym. Believe it or not, it's not cool to startle people who are holding their own bodyweight above their heads.
- If you spot someone, pay FUCKING ATTENTION, DON'T SCROLL THROUGH YOUR MP3
- Seriously dude, shower.
- Wipe your machine when you're done, you sweaty filthy animal.
- If there's only one squat rack, let people who want to SQUAT use it. Do your deadlifts, curls, and overhead presses elsewhere please. Like literally anywhere else.
-Did I already mention shower?
-Don't talk to people in the middle of their sets. It's really hard to get yourself into that mental place and you're fucking it up, turning a 12-repper into a 9-repper with your useless drivel.
- Put the dumbbells back on the dumbbell rack.
- Don't talk shit to other people for being fat, skinny, or whatever. You're all at the gym, he's now your broseph. Spot the man. tell him how pumped his delts are.
-It's not gay to compliment a dude on his calves and ask him how the fuck he got those beasts

If you need advice not to be that guy you already are that guy.