Goldman Sachs cover letter

My name is XXX and I’m a senior at the American International University in London, majoring in International Business. After matriculating at university, my interest shifted toward finance, which is why I resolved to adding a minor in Mathematics, in preparation for commencing a Master in Finance.

It’s my intention to gain more concrete experience prior to beginning a master’s degree, which is why the long-term internship programmes in the Americas caught my attention. And as the native language in all three locations is Spanish, I’d have the opportunity to improve my Spanish proficiency. Next to being fluent in Dutch, French and English, I aim to be fluent in Spanish too before starting my career.

Why investment banking? I’m not going to proclaim that I’ve made up my mind and have resolutely chosen for a career in investment banking. Last summer I did an internship in private equity and believe that the complement of both experiences will greatly enhance the depth of my understanding of the financial system in general. I postulate that many skills obtained during the internship can be applied to an internship in investment banking. In particular, I’ve gotten accustomed to working under time pressure and had to cooperate with multiple teams at once. Amidst the sale of XXX I assisted consultants performing due diligence while carrying on with XXX’s general day-to-day activities and simultaneously assisted XXX during its negotiations with prospective purchasers. I’m confident these skills will be valuable at Goldman Sachs.

Why Goldman Sachs? Because Goldman is the number one investment bank, but you already knew that. The decisive factors for me include the duration, location, and quality of the programmes. And I believe a corporate culture characterised by ambition and work ethic will bring out the best in me.

Any grammatical errors, or recommendations for improvement? Thx

At least i have a cv

gold man sacks

>> I’m not going to proclaim that I’ve made up my mind and have resolutely chosen for a career in investment banking
Goldman is one of the most competative places in the world to get employment, bullshit about how you've always known you loved finance, this just makes it seem like your going to do fuck all for a year and then leave

you have literally no chance. just forget about it and try not to get depressed. if you try i guarantee you you will end up suicidal when you get hit with reality.

just don't fucking dream about.

>he is not a chad from a top Ivy League University

Don't even dream about it OP

>Why Goldman Sachs? Because Goldman is the number one investment bank, but you already knew that.

hahahahahahahahahaha

good luck charlie brown

If you want actual advice go to a professional writing studio not a Indian face cream mixing board

Also one of the worst cover letters I've ever read considering giving up the job search and going all in on LINK

all in on link?

Way too short. I hate the "you already knew that" line but desu you might need something cocky like that to get in. Also dont start a sentce with AND (last sentence)

>nd I believe a corporate culture characterised by ambition and work ethic will bring out th
There's a 300 word cap on GS cover letters. Yeah should revise sentences starting with and

>Why Goldman Sachs? Because Goldman is the number one investment bank, but you already knew that.

cringe

Doctor: It's a pretty bad case of humble brag. Probably the worst I've seen.

OP: Well doc, can you help me? What's the treatment?

Doc: A strong dose of reality, but it can take years to kick in...

>my name is XXX
>not Goldstein
>not Weinberg
>not Shekelsteinbergblatt
Stopped reading there.

go buy some altcoins neets

your resume is so basic, it starts to talk about high school, college sports and what it drank last night

you have no idea

They'll be asking you 2 questions during the interview. One is if 3999 is a prime number, and two is a question that deals with a cube. Just use the distance formula between the two points. Your starting salary depends if you answer both of the questions correctly.

Nice. Trying to take them down from the inside eh? Best of luck, OP.

gold man ball sacks

>e interview. One is if 3999 is a prime number, and two is a question that deals with a cube. Just use the distance formula between the two points. Your start
Appreciate you saying that i'll get an interview

That wouldn’t happen to be the Cube of Saturn would it?

This.

You are starting your sentences with AND and BECAUSE, literally learned that when I was nine years old (as a non-native speaker ). Content is shit too like wtf ? 5/7 larp

sound advice im also all in on link holding long term. 17500 link

also OP please, if you wanna be a robot, come and do my dishes for free, at least i can talk to you about cryptocurrencies and how to live life free from the matrix

why don't you have a dishwasher?

Revised letter:

My name is Viktor Hoffman and I’m a senior at the American International University in London, majoring in International Business. As my interest recently shifted toward finance, I decided to add a minor in Mathematics, in preparation for commencing a Master in Finance.

It’s my intention to gain more concrete experience prior to beginning a master’s degree, which is why the long-term internship programmes in the Americas caught my attention. And as the native language in all three locations is Spanish, it would be a great opportunity that provides the perfect incentive for me to improve my Spanish proficiency. Next to being fluent in Dutch, French and English, I aim to be fluent in Spanish as well before starting my career.

Although as of now I’m not adamant about pursuing a career in investment banking, I do consider it to be the judicious next step. Last summer I undertook an internship in private equity and believe that the complement of both experiences would greatly enhance the depth of my financial understanding. I’m convinced that many skills obtained during the internship can be applied to an internship in investment banking. In particular, I’ve gotten accustomed to working under time pressure and had to cooperate with multiple teams at once. Amidst the sale of IPCOM, I assisted consultants performing due diligence, while carrying on with IPCOM’s general day-to-day activities, and simultaneously assisted Waterland during its negotiations with prospective buyers. I’m confident these skills will be valuable at Goldman Sachs.

Why Goldman Sachs? Because Goldman is the number one investment bank in the world, simple. However, the decisive determinants for me are the duration, location, and content of the programmes -- I believe a corporate culture characterised by ambition and work ethic will bring out the best in me.

Change your cover letter to:

Hallo ome goudman. De prijs van bitcoin in 3 weken stipt is 4230.45. Als ik er minder dan 50$ naastzit, dan nodigen jullie mij uit en leg ik uit hoe ik tot dat bedrag kwam. Zit ik er naast dan stuur ik een saaie dertien in dozijn jasje dasje cover letter, en mogen jullie uit de stapel proberen de cv van deze lullo te vissen.

O ja. Het antwoord is nooit een priemgetal, want dan geen uitleg hoe een deler te vinden. Ook de kubusvraag is bullshit. Gewoon uitvouwen tot een kruis en afstand tussen spin en vlieg is een simpele geometrie som.

Wanneer kan ik beginnen? Geven jullie kniebescherming of moet ik die zelf aanschaffen?

Toedels!

You sound like an adamant knob. You may fit right in at Cuckman Sucks.

you sound like someone who makes under 100k a year

Drop the: i want a sugar daddy to pay me while i learn Spanish, fuck hookers, and build my resume.

I work at a place with colleagues that quit Goldman. Try again.

>op the: i want a sugar daddy to pay me while i learn Spanish, fuck hookers, and build my resu
Ga slapen, je moet morgenvroeg ergens aan de band staan

Ill write a reference letter to them for you.

But knowing Goldmans pre employment screening a post on Veeky Forums should suffice;

Hey Goldman sachs pedo faggots, hire Victor Hoffman. He has a mean mouth and sucks the chrome right out of your balls.

when youre working as a janitor you can say "at least i have a job"

Gast je hebt geen idee. Ik maak 100k plus met crypto alleen. Ik heb wel aan de lopende band gewerkt hoor. Kun je van jouw Neijeroode kraag omhoog niet zeggen Victor. Blijf proberen je cover letter te optimaliseren op een taiwanees mandweefforum eihoofd. Dit is wat er gebeurd als tokkiegenen rijke ouders hebben.

hahaha. excellent.

OP, your writing is grammatically fine, but it sucks. Don't listen to people talking shit about starting sentences with 'and' or 'but', that's fine these days, though you might want to follow them with a comma. Get the hell rid of words like 'matriculated', 'postulate', etc.. Plain English is the business buzzword of the moment, write formally but not in this bullshit pretend-posh faux-1800s whatever it is you're doing.

E.g. for your first sentence, "I'm ____, a senior at ___ in International Business with a minor in math, in preparation for a Masters in Finance." would be much better. It's easier to read, doesn't sound as fake, and gives you more words to say something worthwhile (not that you sound like you actually have anything worthwhile to say).

"Goldmans pre employment screening"
haha

Life must be beautiful when ur stupid and everything is so simple and straightforward. I honestly envy you

is Victor Hoffman a pedophile?

google will crawl this

I work at MS and interview people from my ivy alumni network...

This isnt going to cut it...

Saying you will do your masters after the internship is a bad idea. They want people who would accept any return offers they give out.

Why GS is bad answer. Say they work on top deals... such as X and Y and that working on the biggest deals on the street is motivation itself.

Why IB also shitty. Spin it to how you want to "learn" in a fast paced environment etc and GS has the best platform.

PE --> IBD is shit logic... no one does that. Its sell side to buyside. They will laugh.

Honestly, don't have time to type this and reread but you're going to want to get this revised like 3 times.

Also, why would you want to do IB/PE and slave away 80 hours a week? You need a good reason for that.

> he does not know about Goldmans premployment screening

Laughingwhores.jpg

Nigga, Goldman has more resources than the CIA. This thread is already stored in their monitoring system by now.

>with a comma. Get the hell rid of words like 'matriculated', 'postulate', etc.. Plain English is the business buzzword of the moment, write formally but not in this bullshit pretend-posh faux-1800s wha
yayyyy finally something constructive
thanks

matriculate and postulate already gone

>hy IB also shitty. Spin it to how you want to "learn" in a fast paced enviro
Don't you slave away 80 hours a week at MS?

What's wrong with going from sell to buy as an undergraduate?

How can working on the biggest deals be a motivation for me? Not like I have anything to do with that or gain by that as a possible intern

To this I only have one reply: do you know what we do in IBD?

Well I presume you're working there? I don't

Just feels to inflated to dream about the big deals as an undergrad intern

no prob, kinda hope you get in just so you can see how shit it is lol

Use commas where they're appropriate ie. after "amidst the sale of XXX". Don't say shit like "matriculating" because it makes you sound like you're trying too hard. Vary your sentence structure so you aren't repeatedly saying "i did this" and "I did that". And ask yourself—WHY will your skills be valuable to Goldman Sachs? When you're selling a product, you want to provide benefits, not product details. Also, your closing lines is not convincing and aims to be funny (re: you already knew that). They will not smile or laugh.

Source: I'm a copywriter.

P.S. There are several typos in my own post but fuck you.