Would me cutting calories even more be the right thing to do?

Would me cutting calories even more be the right thing to do?

I started dieting and working out about 4 months ago. I went from being 295lbs, completely sedentary and eating around 4000 calories a day to doing crossfit (inb4 its a scam, its better than nothing) 5 times a week, and eating healthier and lower calories and 260lbs. I started off with a 2500 calorie per day, and I worked my way down to 1900 a day. I am using MFP and whenever I put in how much I worked out I would also eat any extra calories it gave me. I do not drink any soda or eat any fried foods and I limit my Carb (110g) and Sugar (30g) intake per day. I hit a plateau about a month ago at 265 and I lowered my calories from 1900 to 1700. Not only that but I stopped figuring in my workouts so I now only eat 1700 calories a day. In a month I have only managed to lose 5 pounds. Should I drop to 1500 calories a day? It just seems like a awfully small amount considering my wife who weighs 110 eats 1500 a day. I have thought about adding in running a mile every day I do crossfit (I already run one on my off days).

>pic is my fatass currently

Eat less fat fuck

Lmao change haircut wtf is this cavemen shit? Google 2016 curly hairstyles and choose one. You will already look better

Make sure you are counting the calories correctly. 1 pound a week is still a good loss but you can cut to 1500 as long as your energy remains ok.

stop relying on that MFP calories burned shit. set a goal and eat at it. don't eat more just because you exercise.

read sticky

I don't like the way MFP adds back calories so I don't input my exercise until my food tracking is done for the day, then I can just ignore the inflated numbers.

Thats efficiently what I have done. I want to eat 1700 calories a day and I eat within that. I worked out last night and I ended the day with 400 calories to burn but I didnt eat anything extra because I was full.

kek, I normally wear it in a ponytail. once I hit my target weight (220) I am going to shave my head.

I bought a food scale and weight up all of my food and I only eat out 3 times a week.

5lbs per month is not bad at all, you should probably readjust your caloric intake only after a couple of months from now.

OP take the loss slowly. gotta give your skin time to heal. if you go too fast you'll be left with tons of excess skin and you'll have to get it removed surgically or lug it around

How tall are you?

do something to fix your knock knees.

Do SS and focus on getting stronger, maybe try and lose like half a pound a week. Once you can bench atleast 120kg then cut properly. Otherwise if you continue to cut you'll just get skinny fat.

My goal was to basically get skinnyfat then focus on muscle building. Or is that a retarded idea. I can notice that I am gaining muscle, my maxes have gone up by around 20-30% and thats just with crossfit workouts, no dedicated weightlifting.

35 lbs net loss in 4 months is pretty damned good, maybe even a bit high, you should be happy
remember you added the tonnage over a long time so it'll take a long time to get rid of it
now start moving some iron around

Stupid

You don't want to get skinny fat, that is the worst. Do SS as suggested or greyskull(phraks version, I prefer the latter.
Take walks or use the elliptical, this will make managing your diet easier.
Don't shave your hair, just get a nice haircut and shave the beard.
Be consistent.
Cutting on huge caloric deficit is retarded, you will just lose all your muscles.
Aim to lose 1 pounds/week, 1.5 tops. Remember to readjust your intake like every 5 pounds you lose.
Be consistent, use proper form and stick to your diet and routine.

Quit fucking crossfit and running, considering your weight you are in for some serious injury. Go to a gym and walk instead or something.

When will this meme ever die? Fat people can run, in high school I weighed 305 and I started running, by the time I graduated college I was running marathons and I had dropped to 160. My joints and shit are not hurt in the slightest.

there is a difference if you are active as you gain weight vs someone who went from normal weight to being overweight and was sitting on his ass all day.

had a friend who fucked up his knee because he decided to suddenly start living an active lifestyle after sitting on his ass for multiple years. now his knee is fucked because of it and will never fully heal.

Would I need to adjust my Caloric intake if I started doing a weightlifting program? I only eat 1700 calories a day but I get half of them from protein.

do crossfit. calisthenics and circuit are great for someone your size

>I limit my Carb (110g) and Sugar (30g) intake per day

Limit that shit down to as close to zero as you can tolerate. Start lifting quick, because you'll just enter skinnyfat mode once most of the excess weight has gone.

>meaning you cant eat fucking fruit

Keeping those at 0 is stupid

Pls be b8

Similar problem to OP here

Went from 350 to 200, then stalled hard and have been plateuing since fucking May.

Admittedly, life got in the way too, but I'm trying to get back on track. The way I see it, at least I didn't gain any weight.

What should I be cutting at?

How did you lose so much? And how long did it take?

I counted calories and lifted for exercise. Took about a year and a half.

Nowadays I'm in the military, so I can't lift as regularly as I used to (because I'm a weak person), and I can't count calories because my current command doesn't let me use a stove and expects me to eat at the galley, where I have to guess.

So, I've completely plateued since fucking May.

Feels bad man.

Why do fat peoples legs do that?

Because of fat

I wouldnt be upset with 1 lb/wk. Where you are now, I dont think its great to lose faster than that. You will get baggy skin and will get starvation mode, opack on the pounds when you try to go into maintenance. Just keep lifting and eating 500 calories below what you think your maintenance is, sounds like you are doing just that. dont get impatient, you are making fine progress.

That body is not the body of someone who does excercise and eats 1500 kcal a day

But, yes, add in some running. Its a great add on for weight loss so long as you are counting calories and not eating more (because you will be more hungry)

Stupid. Stope eating those "extra" calories that the app gives you. That's why people add cardio and shit to their workout, to burn some more calories and fat. You basically give yourself an extra deficit, and then eat right through it because you see it as "extra".

Their knees are messed up from the weight and bad posture

He's over 250 and you think 1lb a week is fine?
>starvation mode
Don't listen to this guy op.

Rather than running, I'd recommend you swim or row for cardio until you're closer to a sub 200 weight. Running can be shit on a fatties joints.

Wow this thread is full of retarded advice. You can easily heathily lose a kilogram per week but I'd go up to 1.5 in your position. If you want to look good lift weights on a linear progression program and stop the retarded crossfit shit. You're not eating 1700 Kcal - weigh your food. Don't do cardio until below 250lbs or you'll fuck your shit up for no reason.

I know and thats what pisses me off

I weigh my food, I can assure you I am eating 1700 or less calories a day.

I doubt it, but whatever. I lost faster and more than that eating aroun1500 a day. I started at 250 as well, around 205 now after 2 and a half months, maybe 3 months.

I just started eating 1700 calories 4 weeks ago. I started out eating 2400 calories, then worked my way down to 1700.

Well keep at it then. You weren't cutting enough at first for a fat guy. 500 is good for people going to %15 to %10, but you were probably at %35. Eat around 1500 a day, do your workout, and do 30 minutes of cardio a day. You'll drop it quick, and what's the point of trying to save non existent muscle? If I lose most of my fat and a bit of muscle then fine, after I'm at a normal body fat and weight, I'll be able to bulk and cut normally and maximize my gains.

How do you measure meat, rice, potatoes etc.? Make sure you use the correct raw vs cooked nutrition info. Cooked rice is 130kcal per 100g. Uncooked is 360kcal/100

Do you weigh yourself in the morning?

On 1700 kcals you should be losing more than a kilogram a week at that weight.

I have a kitchen scale that I put everything on and weigh, or for things like rice or mashed potatoes where I share with my wife I personally scoop me out 1 cup to eat. I always measure cooked amount.

I weigh myself at morning and at night. Although the night measurement is mostly just to see how much I can lose overnight while I sleep. I dont base anything off of the nightly measurements.

Should start to bulk OP Dont wanna loose all you're natural gains. Would suggest heavily looking into SS and GOMAD. God speed your gonna make it

>measuring anything in cups ever
Just put a plate on the scale and scoop shit onto it.

>OP wants to lose weight
>suggest a workout routine to him that involves drinking a gallon of milk a day

What the fuck

To be fair I measure my cooked rice in cups.

Confirmed not gonna make it

Confirmed for never making it

you are objectively retarded

George? That you mate?

depends, how much g?

if its around 90-100 its fine for now.

Eat 2k calories and continue working out. If you do too few calories you'll feel like shit and it won't be sustainable. The most important thing is that your routine is something that you can stick to. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

First of all if you are cutting calories then you're probably losing weight, your body is just holding onto water to keep the fat cells full

Figure your TDEE and do a more sensible 500calorie deficit from that.

Nothing wrong with going as low as 1700 occasionally, but you'll feel completely wrecked the entire time.

You sound like you're knows a bit about dieting so simply make better food choices and KEEP HYDRATED.

As for weight loss. You're fucking it up.
How?
You're losing muscle. That thing that keeps you from and keeps you from getting fat.
You need to eat 1-0.5 grams of protein to maintain muscle mass on top of doing some form of resistance like calisthenics or lifting weight.
Aerobics and Hiit and the like are good but not really necessary. They'll help you get to where you want to go but they are not really needed if the calorie deficite is high enough.

I just did a quick online calculator and it says my TDEE is 3374. And that my goal calories should be 2550. This seems way too high, or am I currently starving myself at 1700 calories?

Kek no way you can eat that many calories.

TDEE is complete shit

You're currently eating far less then you need too to lose weight and be energetic enough to live your life in a way that allows you to be active.
And being highly active in your day to day life burns more calories then any throwaway workout routine anyone here suggests.
Paradoxically enough, I strongly suggest that you do a simple daily morning workout routine consisting of pushups situps squats chinups bridges and jumping jacks.
It should take you no more then 10-20 minutes and be just enough to get you feeling slightly pumped.

Elaborate.

How could any human need 2500 calories to live life? That's an insane amount

Being fat makes you use more calories

So if i dont workout while cutting ill lose muscle?

Larger bodies need more calories to function optimally.

You can function on 1500 calories mr.fatass, but since you aren't able or willing to go semi starvation diet for long enough to see real results you'll just have to trust me.

Eat enough to function optimally but cut back enough to where your body will eat into stored energy.

That's a safe way for people like you to lose weight.

STICKY YOU FUCKING FAGGOT IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD