Any Western historical examples of exterminating the whole family as punishment...

Any Western historical examples of exterminating the whole family as punishment? I've mostly heard this shit from East Asian history.

Also thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=ECewrAld3zw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yYjG6nUwyc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugolino_della_Gherardesca
youtube.com/watch?v=GD6F79eRrsU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes? I'ts pretty common in antiquity, became less prominent post-enlightenment, and in the medieval era it depends on how prominent the family is?

Do a little research.

Zach family case from Hungary
Montforts in England after the second Baron's War

>The Reynes took refuge at Castamere, and Reynard led all his men down into the mines of the castle. Ser Tywin Lannister arrived at Castamere three days after the burning of Tarbeck Hall,[1] and according to a semi-canon source, his host had doubled in size with the arrival of forces from Lords Banefort, Plumm, Stackspear, and Westerling.[2] Reynard believed he held the advantage, as Tywin could not possibly fight his way inside the mines. When his people were all inside, Reynard sent terms for surrender to Tywin, stating that the Reynes would be loyal vassals in return for Tywin's brothers serving within Castamere as hostages.[1][2]

>Tywin ignored Reynard's terms and instead ordered his men to seal the entrances of the mines. When all entrances were blocked with tons of stone, earth, and soil, leaving no way in or out, Tywin had his men dam a nearby stream and divert it to the nearest mine entrance. Water easily found its way though the tiny gaps in the rubble that blocked the mouth of the entrance. Lannister men stationed at the most distant entrances claimed they could hear faint screaming and shouting, but by daybreak, there was nothing but silence. None of the three hundred men, women, and children within ever emerged from the mines again. As commanded by Tywin, the castle on the surface was set ablaze.[1]

Tywin did nothing wrong

It really depends on how important they were. Anyone with noble blood would be 100% slaughtered because they could have blood rights to something in the future and that would be a problem.

The other 99% of society didn't have such a thing, so they were usually just enslaved or put into indentured servitude.

>Montforts in England
I don't think they were

That being said Tywin is most likely based on Edward I who crushed Simon de Montfort

AND WHO ARE YOU

youtube.com/watch?v=9yYjG6nUwyc

>You are hereby ordered to fall upon the rebells, the McDonalds of Glenco, and put all to the sword under seventy. you are to have a speciall care that the old Fox and his sones doe upon no account escape your hands, you are to secure all the avenues that no man escape. This you are to putt in execution att fyve of the clock precisely; and by that time, or very shortly after it, I’ll strive to be att you with a stronger party: if I doe not come to you att fyve, you are not to tarry for me, but to fall on. This is by the Kings speciall command, for the good & safety of the Country, that these miscreants be cutt off root and branch.

You do realize societies organized around Dynasties would make efforts to BTFO their opponent's families right?

So its common.

The only thing different with China is they do that even to commoners because of their filial culture.

Also called Black Dinner

Inspiration for Red Wedding

That Russian revolution with Anastasia

Sejanus' family was completely liquidated by Tiberius. His daughter, Junilla was raped before being executed because of some autistic Roman cimpunctions against executing virgins.

Sejanus kind of deserved it because of his reign of terror when Tiberius was moping in Capri. He should have strike first in a coup.

>His daughter, Junilla was raped before being executed because of some autistic Roman cimpunctions against executing virgins.

Heard that they did that in Iran as well

The hohenstaufens.

>le gritty le realism, look at how medieval I am, guyz
Why do people like this hack?

my fav

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ugolino_della_Gherardesca

Pisa, Italy 1288
Detained in a tower with his 2 sons and 2 grandsons
They are left to starve
Ugolino the last to die after eating his descendants
Dante said there's a special place for him in Hell

Yes. During WWII the Germans had a policy of collective responsibility and would kill the families of people who assisted Jews and other "undesirables"

>Any Western historical examples of exterminating the whole family as punishment?

Jews

youtube.com/watch?v=GD6F79eRrsU

>This autist again