How come boxers do so well in streetfights compared to other fighting disciplines?

How come boxers do so well in streetfights compared to other fighting disciplines?

Other urls found in this thread:

faceberg.com/brazilianjiujitsu/posts/10154229921211774?comment_id=10154230292131774&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Street fights have no rules. People fight with their fists generally and not doing karate or kickboxing, so a trained boxer will do well in a fight against someone who isn't trained but wants to fight with his fists

>why do people trained to punch people do so well in a fight

Good job

several reasons.
For one there are no breaks just because the opponent scores a point.

I think muay thai is better for street fights.

It tough to kick in pants unless you're wearing jnco jeans or some shit so punching makes more sense.

I'm not sure.. in a streetfight there mostly isn't as much kicking, mostly because opponents rush each other and most of the time it's close combat, therefore your fists are way more effective

Which is where clinching comes in handy durr.

Shit like bjj only works when your opponent is trying to do bjj

most fights are over in sub 10 seconds and end up in a arm swinging contest, if you know how to box you can shut it down faster

Rolling on the ground in a real fight is a good way to get kicked in the head by his friends

Boxing involves punching and dodging punches. Generally no one in street fights goes into a frogstand and hits you with a monkey paw.

>Shit like bjj only works when your opponent is trying to do bjj

Fucking wrong lol

I got in a fight at a Halloween party over the weekend (drunk faggot grabbed my fairy wings).

Took him down and wrapped up his neck in literally 10 seconds. I've been to 3 BJJ schools and every single one of them has drilled takedowns pretty tirelessly.

>not having your own friends who also practice

What the fuck are you guys doing

Do you not know what a clinch is? Boxing and muay thai are both effective but muay thai has a far superior clinch.

>bald

>grabbed my fairy wings

But the muay thai has more ''tools'' for close combat, like elbows and head. And the training normaly has more contact than boxe.

/thread

Only assholes get into fights

>someone who's never done any form of grappling before

Oh man what a great reason to hurt someone. How's the medical advances in micro penises coming along?

>BJJ not effective for self defense

faceberg.com/brazilianjiujitsu/posts/10154229921211774?comment_id=10154230292131774&comment_tracking={"tn":"R0"}

You know what to do with the faceberg

pussy.ill beat your ass.

pretty good according to your dad.

OOOHHHHHH
BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wouldn't

b a l d
e
a
s
t

Yeah I was the tooth fairy. Got to show gains in leggings and tight top

That's how a bitch defends his ego when he know's he's not man enough to step up and fight. Not putting your foot down gets you bullied and lets everyone else know that you won't stand up for yourself.

>implying you know the whole story
>implying this drunk asshole wasn't a habitual line stepper

How sheltered are you fucking kids?

White trash

Most fights are about 10 seconds and close quarters.

Also ground is the last place you want to be in

Currently working as a bouncer and my boss got kicked in the head while wrestling on the ground.

you and me.

outside.

now.

Charlie Murphy please go.

Here's your reply

Stop judging others when you're the one who went as a fairy fag for Halloween

Charlie Murphy is the realist nigga there ever was

> citation needed

>tfw never been in a fight except some school brawls when I was a kid
>many times I've gotten into a confrontation which some dude has gotten into my face asking if I want to fight
>always just stood my ground and stared them down or defused the situation by talking
>also helps that I'm 6'4 and 90 kg looking pretty athletic
>literally no fighting experience and only just started judo as a hobby

One day my boyish charm won't cut it and I'm gonna get my ass handed to me

Because boxing works and boxers train hard

I box but I've also dabbled in other styles to see what they had to offer. Boxers train hard; when we spar we spar hard.

Karate guys don't train hard; they hardly touch each other because of the "excessive contact" rubbish and in kumite they break once they make contact. Japanese Kyokushin is an exception but in the UK (and probably america) karate is just practiced by betas. I've never met a karate instructor who wasn't full of shit and arrogant when in reality he spends his time sparring white belts and other karate people who don't know how to fight.

Wing Chun guys hardly spar either; they only do that rubbish chi sao shit where they stand still and play pattacake trying to open a line for them to touch their opponent through. They don't spar hard or realistically.

Taekwondo isn't very useful for the street because you can only kick from a certain distance; I've never trained taekwondo so I don't know how hard their contact is but I trained muay thai for a few years and I'm well experienced to know the distance for kicking. When an opponent is too close it falls back to punching for taekwondo; something boxers do better.

I've spent the last 5 years training boxing exclusively and I've made the most martial art gains there; I've learned the most and I've improved the most through boxing. I've been training 9 years in total but it wasn't until I started boxing that it all fell into place and clicked for me.

A while back I took a break after my last boxing match (I won but I had gotten concussion during training that scared me). I had a karate club nearby so I attended a few classes for something different during my break; when it came to kumite I destroyed everyone including my instructors. They couldn't handle the fact some guy with no belt could pick them to pieces so they went funny with me. Their big problem was distance control; I could see everything coming because they didn't get close enough.

>Stop judging others
Who did I judge? I walk into the party and the dude keeps calls me a faggot for being the tooth fairy. He was drunk off his ass and kept messing with my shit.

The bitch PULLED OFF MY WINGS (broke the strap) so I took his stupid ass down and strangled him.

My costume was a joke and I was happy to have people laugh at me for it. This dude took it too far so I fucked him up.

You people are dirt fucking stupid

If that guy had a buddy backing him up while you were trying to grope him on the ground he could just curb stomp you. BJJ may be effective against a single opponent who doesn't know how to strike, but if there is more than one guy yer fucked.

I agree with The laws of nature is that the alpha takes whatever he wants from the betas; the same applies in real life. If you let someone walk all over you they'll take what you got.

I grew up and still live in a really rough area of my city; I got into boxing so I could learn to protect myself and instead I fell in love with the sport. I avoid violence now where I can but if someone was to try and take "mine" it'd get nasty because once you let them tread on you they'll keep doing it.

Any tips for a new boxer?
Started a few months ago and I feel like I'm missing something. I've noticed it's very hard to focus on distance + keeping up your hands + positioning all while trying to throw combos.

>implying you can't get sucker punched in a standup fight either

I encourage you to watch even 1 fight compilation on WSHH

The same applies for every martial art Famalam. All someone has gotta do is grab hold of your clothing in a street fight against multiple opponents and you're fucked.

>i'm a giant pussy so i'll just demonize anyone who fights, regardless of the reason

wew

Not if you've trained boxing.

A single boxer can take on and utterly defeat 5 untrained males. Fact.

A BJJ practitioner can only use his techniques in a controlled BJJ match. Fact.

callin me stupid?

im callin u a faggot,FAGGOT.

A boxer could still get his ass kicked by a guy who plays high school football and knows how to tackle. Wrestling + boxing is where it's at.

>A single boxer can take on and utterly defeat 5 untrained males. Fact.

Not if he gets punched in the back of the head from someone he doesn't see. Fact.

Fucking wrestling?! Don't make me laugh.

Try some fag ass grappling and you'd just get kicked in the head by some other guy. Grappling is useless against more than one opponent. Simple. Fucking. Fact.

We're fine as long as you don't fuck with my fairy wings

this.

Boxer here, hopefully going pro in 2 years time.

Boxers don't fuck around.
Majority of boxers are poor and were good at fighting already before they started boxing. Guys like GGG, Duran, Valero , Kovalev and Hopkins were bad motherfuckers before they ever steppes foot into a ring.
Boxing gyms don't suffer from the same McDojos you see with TKD or some of the newer UFC ones. In most boxing gyms you must put in that work or gtfo. When you spar you spar hard and if you show a poor heart you get weeded out really quick.

When it comes to the actual fights, a boxer who has been sparring for a few months will be able to see 90% of punches an untrained fighter tries to throw at them. Also using your hands is the quickest most effective way to end a fight. Kicking is garbage in the street except in very rare cases and grappling is suicide in a street fight.

>implying I don't roll with a squad of grapplers
>implying we all won't just rag doll the lot of them
Fact: 1 year of training boxing will not make you invincible.

Martial arts coach. Definitely not a giant pussy.

Getting into fights is for human excrement. 99% of the time it is your own fault. Just as in that person's story.

>omg he touched my costume! I must fight!

Sounds like a good reason brah.

Yeah but if you ARE in a one on one scenario that grappler is going to fuck you in the ass and you couldn't do a thing about it.

>le simple fact :^)

Grappling is useful for the fact that it helps you not get pinned down and end up on the ground.

Boxing doesn't teach that.

lmao, just keep telling yourself the useless shit you've learnt is actually fucking useful

while I can beat the fucking shit out of basically any grappler, fact.

As the other guy said, grappling is fucking suicide in a street fight, or in any fucking fight for that matter.

You try some gay shit on me like a tackle? Ha. I'll just give you a hook that you wont even notice, cause you'll be out. cold.

Stand sideways because it's easier to control distance, watch how fencers move and control distance by standing sideways.

Throw your jab in multiples and you'll control your opponent; if two people are swinging at each other like morons the guy who keeps pumping his jab in the other guys face will break the other guys posture and control him. Throw your jab in doubles and even triples.

A common mistake is for people to step in with their jab; you don't want to do that because it's slow. The further the distance the longer your opponent has to react; you want to get close enough that you only have to flick your jab out. The tiny step you make is for balance and not for closing the distance. This can be accomplished by standing sideways and using your lead foot to measure the distance; if you're standing sideways your lead foot is about the same range as your jab.

But how do you stay in range without being hit? Using head movement, parries and adjusting your posture/weight distribution between forwards and backwards to adjust your range. Keep your hands up so anything they throw can be blocked on your forearms as a last resort; if you're close enough to block it then you're close enough to fire your own jab in multiples to control them and set you up for combinations.

And finally, don't always throw hard. If you throw a hard jab you'll be off balance to throw a hard cross, if you throw a hard cross you'll be off balance to throw a hard hook. You want it nice and smooth; pick your hard shots. Most important is to land and control with light peppering shots. Also you want to be light on your feet; if I'm trying to close the distance to land my shots I'm on the balls of my feet in "react" mode, slowly getting closer but always ready to react to whatever movement my opponent makes either either a slip, a parry or an adjustment of posture to put my head out of range without having to move my feet and lose ground.

JAB IN MULTIPLES.

>Sounds like a good reason brah.

>implying you know the whole story other than the 3 lines of context given

If you really believe there is no reason to fight, you're a moron and should be beaten to death over a parking spot while refusing to defend yourself

To add to this, at the end of the day street fighting is a trashy and wickedly dangerous thing to do and should be your absolute last resort in any situation. The last time I got into a fight in the street rougly 2 years ago, all that happened was the guy pushed me and said "let's go little nigga" and my friends and I just jumped him and took turns kicking his head in in front of the club. I've been in the same position where I think I'm fighting one on one and I end up having to run away from 5 black dudes. Shit serious in the street. I have one friend who is deaf in one ear because of a street fight. Another is serving 3 years in prison for fighting in the street. Don't fuck around Veeky Forums. Stay on your Ps and Qs . the majority of people who speak highly of their glorious street fights have only fought in the schoolyard.

Muay thai is standing fucktard

>you
Did you expect anyone to know anything about martial arts on here?

>implying you could stuff a takedown

I know 130lbs DYEL brown belts who would rip your head off

>Martial arts coach. Definitely not a giant pussy.

What martial art? If it's not muay thai then I'm gonna laugh. Please say karate or wing chun.

yeah, maybe in their fucking blow job jitsu dojo, where everyone has to play by their softly softly rules

but out in the street, I could hit them cold before they have the chance to even touch me

It's actually Tai Chi at my local YMCA you pussy bitch

I know you're not him because no one is that stupid, but I kekked at your attempt at trolling. Fucking Tai Chi lmao.

Well played user

Third World Country, the post.

I teach MMA and NoGi BJJ class.

>has to play by their softly softly rules

Spoken like someone who's never been dumped on their head before lol

>but out in the street, I randomly acquire a single leg defense and my punches defy the speed of physics!

>clinch
>"rolling on the ground"
THIS HAS TO BE BAIT

ITT: Sheltered children who migrated from /heem/ and have never fought before.

I'll give you that one then; mma and nogi bjj is legit.

Not rubbish meme MMA though like the function first rubbish or with a traditional base?

>Third World Country, the post

Yeah wow some people actually train to defend themselves! Novel idea, right? My country is dangerous, dipshit.

I don't train to lose weight, you fucking dope I train to survive.

what country?

BJJ has the absolute worst fucking takedowns of any grappling art you can name.
It's also wildly impractical because no grappling art is a ground only thing.

BJJ in the real world will get you killed in most altercations.

Boxing has a striking foundation, but that means fuck all in street fights once somone grabs a fucking brick, all in all leggin it most of the time best course of action

To anyone: what's the most practical and easily accessible martial art for self-defense?

Boxing will give you the biggest advantage over the untrained the fastest

Warning innocent users of Veeky Forums

There is a fag and what no seems like multiple fags, who are shilling boxing on this board for some reason.

DO NOT BE LED ASTRAY

LO!!! not only is grappling superior to striking, but boxing is one of the least effective striking arts for actual fighting!

You would do well to train in MUY THAI if striking is what you prefer!

Boxing is useful, but only when it hones the foundation created by muy thai.

its all in the reflexes

>tfw boxing for 5 months interrupted
>the only guys here have 5y experience on muay thai and some fights
>get destroyed in sparring against one of the dudes since he's small fast and strong so he comes in and I can't do shit outside protecting my pretty face and absorbing some body shots
>tfw never feel like going bak there since I feel like deadweight to the team since I cant provide proper training

I wish the new cunts that come try didnt always quit on their first training

Nigga in the black vest can take some licks.

At my gym (not boxing, but Muay Thai and BJJ) you do 1 to 1 sessions with head instructor for about 5-10 sessions to learn the fundamentals. You also spar with him (obviously he doesn't go all out on you).

The reason they do it like that is because before they'd just have beginners join the group sessions straight away, but most people would quit because they don't know the techniques (mainly with BJJ) and aren't comfortable with sparring/rolling yet. They also do it like that so experienced fighters don't have to waste their time sparring with a beginner who has no clue what he's doing.

grappling is used by manlets to counter human striking.

because hand strikes are the fastest and most versatile

kicking might be a bad idea because you can get taken down, or the range might be too close

grappling might get you fucked up by their friends

plus years of training as a boxer will give you the quickest and most accurate sucker punches so you can avoid the fight entirely if you want to go full nigger

Have some more

>tfw you gave all your webms meme filenames and now you have to open every single one to see what it is

Wrestling is king, followed closely by Boxing/Muay Thai, then BJJ.
If you don't care about the unofficial street rules (No dirty shots) and don't care about possibly murdering the other person, Krav Maga takes it though.

In America? Buy a gun.

here our master/instructor was vice champion and won everything till his 18s
he's pretty hardcore and not only teaches boxing but life lessons

you basically learn the basics first obviously, then some combinations, feet position, body movement ,head, etc.
you never get into sparring right away and you only sparr if you want to, and I fucking want to because the adrenaline is fun, only sucks when those hard punches make you dizzy kek

what I meant was I wish we had someone that just didnt quit because it was "too much" physically speaking, (those fucking circuits give me nightmares) so that I could have a sparring partner at my level

Most Krav Maga places I've seen don't even have sparring, just controlled drills.

It seems like a meme

bruh focus on the things that you CAN do instead of just shelling up. Can you time and predict one or two of those punches based on his body and foot movement? shoot a counter over his arm. If he comes in and you think you can't do shit, focus on maintaining space, use long jabs to the body, circle and try to stay in the center of the ring. Work on your clinch, lean on them so they have to hold you up. I mean yea, you're gonna get tuned up against more experienced fighters, but as long as you can improvise tactically and keep improving your conditioning, you'll get there.

because theres no grappling in street fights

Where i can learn boxing without all the conditioning bullshit? i want to learn to punch better but i don't care about being better at boxing and being able to fight for more than 2 minute

Because the only 1 rule in street fights is to stay on your feet and never go down. Which is basically the only rule of boxing.

>JAB IN MULTIPLES

You sound like my coach haha.

Listen to this man though, jabs are your bread & butter.

Of course it's a meme, it's a jewish trick

>attempt to take someone down as quickly and violently as possible while leaving no defensive options for yourself
>Is this a meme?

>i want to learn boxing but no conditioning

it's like wanting to walk without legs

box is all about the conditioning and leg work, the upper body is the minus

Which is why some groundwork always helps. I've seen guys get fucked just because they didn't realise they could just bridge to stop a guy from pounding there faces on the ground.

there are two type of muay thai
a. Real muay thai you kick trees everyday.
b. UFC "muay thai" which you don't kick trees everyday.
One of these is not like the other.

post box webms

where can I watch box fights so I can learn some shit?

its always weird schedules, gmt 0 aka london/lisbon timezone here