Was the Moon Landing real?

Was the Moon Landing real?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It has to be! and yet, the evidence is not convincing enough for me. To each his own.

We probably have the tech now to do it, even if it was fake at the time. Making it's status of real or not almost irrelevant.

Yes and I'm sad it's the only kind of thread on space exploration that ever gets any replies on this board. With all the nazi/commie/WWII threads made every minute surely there's a place for at least one about cool adventures every now and then.

There’s no reason it wasn’t and somehow I’m hooked and the fact there are no stars in the photograph when they should fill the background. Is there any explanation for this?

*hooked on the fact

Exposure.

>he fact there are no stars in the photograph when they should fill the background. Is there any explanation for this?
it was lunar daytime.

For the same reason there are no stars in the sky if you go outside and take a photo at noon.

said this in another thread, but every conspiracy theory, from the moon landing to Lee Harvey Oswalt to the Holohoax, is all bullshit once you actually spend even a little bit of time studying it. And I mean actually studying it, not watching a shitty youtube conspiracy theory video

>THE MOST important event in LITERALLY all of human history.
>We lost all original video tapes because we had to record other things on them, since there was a shortage of VHS. Sry lol.
You gotta admit even if it was real, NASA handled it really fucking bad.

Simply by using logic i would deduce it must be real. The costs of faking it to this extent and bribing so many people that are involved so that they NEVER EVER tell the truth exceed the costs of actually doing it. It's not easy to absolutely prove that it happened, but that goes for everything. Occam's razor says it was real.

If it was fake then a LOT of people took the secret to their graves. I think it was real

Well I'm interested in history of space exploration. Mainly years 1961-75 but even in that short timeframe the subject is so vast that it becomes evident that faking the entire thing would be absolutely impossible for many reasons.

People who sometimes became estranged with NASA and left. People who lost their longtime friends. So many different personalities: a simple quiet man from the middle of rural America, a hippie who had a spiritual awakening at the sight of the Earth from orbit, a successful civilian scientist, all American boys, no nonsense badasses and a whole lot of cowboy pilots straight out of Top Gun. And at one point Chuck Yeager was supposed to become one too. Imagine having to make sure none of them ever spill the beans. And many of them wrote memoirs. A diary of one of them was published post-mortem recently.

Pretty much. To believe the moon landing was fake you essentially have to believe another conspiracy theory about how the people working there didn't spill the beans, like the Illuminati exist or some shit.

That NASA was threatning them if they ever say something. They think that Apollo 1 tragedy happened because Grissom and co threatened to reveal the charade.
I got tired even writing that. I don't believe it's anything more than a really small group that believes in it.

Almost certainly yes.
1) It would have been very hard to get all the people who worked on the moon program to lie for decades about what had happened.
2) Creating a moon landing hoax would have run a high risk of having it be exposed by the Soviets.
3) I've never seen or heard anyone who has a strong level of physics/engineering ability claim that the moon trip couldn't have happened as the official story describes. And if it was actually possible to go to the moon, why would the US gov't have hoaxed the attempt? Sure, it's more expensive to actually do it than to fake it - but given what the consequences of having a hoax be exposed would have been, it would have made sense to just go ahead and spend the money on a real moon trip.

which one?

> people under the age of 30 also think 9/11 happened

Gullible doesn't even begin to explain it...

>Was the Moon Landing real?
i don't even know if you're real or just some bot, dude.
i've never been to japan before yet here i am, singing big in japan. tonight. big in japan. tonight.
neither am i in japan. nor am i big.
i'm just 5'11. that's average. and i'm german. tonight i'll be in germany.
so what's reality?

>NASA handled it really fucking bad.
oh really?
you'd be surprised, fucknugget. big mistakes happened in human history.
kings which died just because they played soccer and hit their head on something.
companies like yahoo could've bought google back when it was only worth 1 million.
you could've bought bitcoin when it was still 1k a piece.

but joking aside.
i'm german and english isn't even my native tongue yet i'm able to check stuff myself.
all i did was to google "biggest mistakes in history" and god would you be surprised.

if you can't comprehend this you got more serious issues but luckily you're not able to grasp that.
so maybe you're really lucky after all.

Isn't there footage from the control room with big fucking monitor showing exactly that footage that is much better than the well-known transmission? Second hand but we have it.
And what about the other five missions? On 12 Alan Bean screwed up a bit and pointed camera at the Sun but other than that the footage that exist is much better than the previous one and it was only getting better from that point.

Of course it was. The US government couldn't hide JFK's affairs or all the infighting in the current White House-- how the fuck could they keep something of this magnitude a secret for this long?

Also, if it was faked the Soviets would have totally found out and publicized it to shame the US.

And all this is the same because?
You know they could have just used useless movie of family video tapes right? Erasing the tapes of such an important event is beyond fucked up, it's plain retarded.

>like the Illuminati exist
So, this is the level of the so called intelectual skeptics?

The Bavarian Illuminati really existed, retard. This is like saying that Freemasonry does not exist.

Do you realize how many early movies (even the blockbusters of the day) are lost or were nearly lost from people reusing tapes? It's not hugely surprising that NASA reused tapes to save money. And the fact that the lunar tapes got wiped is probably the fault of some dipshit intern grabbing the wrong box to write over.

>Erasing the tapes of such an important event is beyond fucked up, it's plain retarded.
one rocket crashed because someone used the imperial system instead of the metric system.
by the way, there's been COUNTLESS fucking moments in mankind where this mistake did not only cost billions of dollars but human lifes.
or the leaning tower of pisa.
indians and christopher columbus.
there's also a cute little story about an explorer who was absolutely sure he found a new continent and sailed towards a reflection caused by clouds and their shadows until his whole crew died. by doing so we found out about that effect which name i forgot.
speaking about mistakes. there's dozens of great inventions which just happened accidently.

what i'm talking about are mistakes.

now please tell me, was the whole nasa crew standing besides the one fucking guy with the tapes and the job to do something with them?
they had results to work with, god knows if an inturn had to copy the tapes and accidently taped something different over them.

and dear god, i'm starting to think you truly believe the moon landing was fake.
i don't know if thousands of people worked on that project.

do you know where the term "STAR WARS" comes from?
if the russiands could've proved one part of it as fake they could've won the cold war and the biggest achievment of the century.
but no, of course we're so far advanced that america itself has the strongest community of people which believe america faked it and the most flat earthers and one of the most fucked up school/education system in the western world.

america capitalized everything. they shouldn't have done that with the school system. the consequence is a disaster.

The Soviets sure as hell would have propagandistically used any hint that it may not have been. Ergo: It was real.

Even if they could keep it secret from the civilian population the Soviet Union would’ve leaked their secret. Unless I guess the Sputnik and all the Soviet missions were also a hoax and they were in on it.

>The Soviets sure as hell would have propagandistically used any hint that it may not have been. Ergo: It was real.
wait for that one uneducated faggot claiming the russians and americans are secretly working together for some fucking reason

You realize VHS wasn't around at the time, right? And the volatility of film or infancy of video archive? Or am I giving you too much credit?

You should look up the various ways on how 80% of the D-Day footage that was filmed and turned in was lost.

forget it m8.
you can't say for sure if he's just some fucking shitlord shitposting or some godforsaken uneducated sad fuck.
the school system has failed lots of people.
that's the true crime.

I believe not...

Also, just research about the coke bottle.

Blame budget cuts. NASA aren’t sentimentalists, they’re scientists, they wanted to free up scarce (and getting scarcer) resources to do more science

You can actually take pictures of the landing. Pic related

You can bounce a laser off a mirror left on the surface by the crew. For 1960’s technology, sending a man to physically set it down on the surface was the only practical way of doing that.

The Soviet Union tracked the lunar landing, both with telescopes and radio. What possible incentive would they have for perpetuating America’s lie when it was such a humiliation for them?

Both China and India have launched lunar probes, both have confirmed the Apollo landing sites. At some point the conspiracy would have to be global, which is ridiculous.

Tens of thousands of engineers and scientists collaborated on the Apollo program. To insist that not a single person would have spilled the beans in exchange for fame and global recognition is ludicrous.

Checkmate, /x/

exposure time. cameras work by letting light in for a brief period and shutting. the stars were too small and dim to let light in without overexposing the bright areas. go outside right now and take a picture of the sky with your phone, they won't be there without a long exposure time.

The Saturn V launches definitely happened in front of hundreds of eyewitnesses.

>Tens of thousands of engineers and scientists collaborated on the Apollo program. To insist that not a single person would have spilled the beans in exchange for fame and global recognition is ludicrous.
Just sit quietly for two minutes until you realize what's wrong with this. How the fuck are they going to spill the beans from the fucking moon?

I don't even belive the moon landing was fake but this is literally not an argument. Think before posting.

Of course.

>How the fuck are they going to spill the beans from the fucking moon?
Nigger do you think the engineers who designed the commode for the lunar lander actually got to go to the moon? How about the corporation which built the thrusters for the second stage? You think the CEO and his wife were part of the crew?

The Apollo rockets were some of the most complex machines ever built. The sheer number of people associated with their construction are mind-boggling. If it were all a charade, who ever exposed it would have been the next deep throat, and all it would have taken is one disgruntled junior engineer fed up with his shitty’s boss’s games.

Think before you speak.

>Sure, it's more expensive to actually do it than to fake it
I'd debate that, most of the cost is building and launching the rocket which they still have to do anyway, even if they fake the landing itself

>>THE MOST important event in LITERALLY all of human history.
>landing on a shitty rock
>not even saying something like fusion generation or the invention of transistors/microchips

You know what he means, you fucking moron. There's a huge difference between the historical secret society and the 'illuminati boogeyman' who appears behind every conspiracy theory in existance

wtf? You think all the engineers that worked on the program went and even stayed on the moon? Are you literally retarded?

Yes. The Soviets admitted that it was them who started the moon hoax meme. To bad retards got wind and continue this idiocy.

How the fuck is photos from third party countries (china) that the landing site is still intact not enough proof?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

its obviously real, its just europoors who are OBSESSED with America and cant bring themselves to admit they accomplished arguably the greatest journy in human history

It's mostly Americans who meme about these insane conspiracy theories on everything from the moon landing to chem trails though

bullshit, the moment these things are brought up, europoors immediately start shitposting how it never happened, or the CIA faked it, or whatever else. Its pathological and weird. Even the "CIA created AIDS in a lab!" meme was created by the Soviet Union

The Soviets created them and Americans perpetuated them

Exposure mixed with light pollution.

No one in Western Europe doubts the moon landing you retard.

This is an area that would crucify you for doubting anything even vaguely space science sounding.

M8 you’re making a very long post just to say “mistakes happen all the time.”
It doesn’t matter, user’s still gonna be upset over this particular mistake.

Slightly unrelated but today I found out that the famous last Komarov transmission is fake similarly to some of the alleged "lost cosmonauts" recordings.