Does anyone else here follow this dude's breathing method?

Does anyone else here follow this dude's breathing method?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q6XKcsm3dKs
anonhq.com/superhuman-abilities-himalayan-monks-stun-harvard-scientists/
news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/04/meditation-dramatically-changes-body-temperatures/
youtube.com/watch?v=cX3gOBoAHwc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pretty sure its bro science

Breathing exercises are usually recommended for anxiety/stress. Not sure if it's placebo or if something legit is happening.

But some of the shit Hof pulls off is unreal. The only other explanation would be weird genetics.

yes

>brain controls your body
>nah its just bro science your body automaticly breathes and shit brah no brain requred

There is a sect of monks who have perfected a form of meditation and breathing that allows them become so hot that they can sit in the freezing cold of their mountain caves and feel nothing.
They can take ice cold blankets, wrap them around themselves and in less then a few minutes the blankets will start steaming and be completely dry.

youtube.com/watch?v=q6XKcsm3dKs

>some of the greatest explorers and ice climbers die of hypothermia or frost bite every years
>but only if they knew this one wierd trick...

Not buying it. If it was true every motherfucker out there would know about it. It would be on the NHS website.

being able to swim in freezing waters with no shirt isn't bro science, I'm skeptical how much his breathing is involved though.

[citation needed] [weasle words]

No it's true.
I even tried some of the meditations myself back when I was into every single form of exercise or meditation or odd body transformation thing.

It works but there is a danger. You can fuck up and end up hotter then fuck and make yourself sick. Probably end up cooking yourself alive or dying from something else.

anonhq.com/superhuman-abilities-himalayan-monks-stun-harvard-scientists/

Watched Joe Rogans podcast with him, the dude sounded like a fucking lunatic

>become so hot that they can sit in the freezing cold of their mountain caves and feel nothing.

Experiments with Buddhist monks practicing g Tum-mo produced dramatic results. Just using the power of their minds, the monks produced enough body heat to dry wet sheets placed on them as they relaxed in chilly rooms.

Yes.

What are you saying.

>freezing cold of their mountain caves
>relaxed in chilly rooms.
>chilly rooms.

Those monks would frequently go to caves in the freezing himalayan mountains to meditate.

They would put ice cold blankets on themselves to show what was happening.

Do you think they did that shit just for shits and giggles?
That they didn't develop this over hundreds of years into this unique skill designed for a reason?

Just because you don't feel the pain doesn't mean that it won't hurt your body. For example I don't have any sensitivity on my finger tips and as a result I don't feel any pain when I a hot stove with them. That doesn't mean it won't hurt my fingers in the process though.

I prefer a different style

I love how dumb Eliot is.

Last I heard it actually wasn't, and doctors had to admit that based on empirical evidence. By that I mean, he can actually control his body temperature willingly, whereas the consensus before him is that that's a totally mechanical thing like heartbeat.

I love how dumb you are, it's so cute

lol same... it's endearing

I'm not the same user, but I read about this before in the Harvard Gazelle. There was a study that showed that monks can change their metabolism and internal body temperature. Somehow. The mechanism is not well understood. But it can be done.

news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2002/04/meditation-dramatically-changes-body-temperatures/

Not bro science. If you've ever traveled to the Himalayas you'll see monks all over the place wearing loincloths but perfectly warm. They've been doing it for thousands of years.

Your mind is capable of all this and more.

>the dude sounded like a fucking lunatic

because english is not his first language. are you fucking dense? he struggles to explain in english what he actually thinks

What exactly IS his breathing method?

I mean I've been taking cold showers for a while, and being mindful of the cold make them easy

What IS this dude's breathing method? Is it just mindful breathing?

youtube.com/watch?v=cX3gOBoAHwc

you can google tummo meditation and read more on different variations of the visualization, but most important thing is do it somewhere relatively cold but not freezing and see if you can manage to change your body temp using whatever visualization you like