Should skinnyfats cut first and then bulk or just straight up bulk?

Should skinnyfats cut first and then bulk or just straight up bulk?

They should eat healthy and work out

>that picture

Shoulder width is genetic. I'm skinny fat and my shoulders are extremely wide, wider than every dude I've seen in the gym that looks 100 times better than I do because they have actual muscles.

Anyways, cut for sure.

i've been cutting and it's a big confidence boost.

If I bulked and got even fatter, I'd just get depressed and fat

cut 100%. Ignore the 400LB guys that are about to have heart attacks that just want you to bulk, so they can justify their own descions to never cut (they are too lazy to do so)

Eat slightly above maintainence and lift

Wtf are you cutting for if you have no muscle mass stupid. You'll look like a starving Ethiopian.

I'm not endorsing a bulk btw

Why is this me..

So I can be HEALTHY.

this is the FITNESS board.

Once my bf% is 12-15%, then I'll gain muscle and FAT.

Being fat is UNHEALTHY and BAD FOR YOU.

>be fat
>get fatter

?????????????????

Start with a simple cut to shave some easy pounds off, then dirty bulk first up (it's better than spinning wheels until they learn)

You do this to form a base of muscle good enough to get rid of the stubborn fat you would never have been able to remove on the first cut. So then attempt a proper cut with your new fat burning muscle. You should have a much more even distribution of the fat and muscle even if high. Then you can do cycles of clean bulk from ~12 to 17% bf and back down again always having more muscle then the last time.

>I'm not endorsing a bulk
>"EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOU BURN"

Dont listen to these fucks Cut! You will look like a starving ethiopian child, but to bulk without fixing your insulin your body would just partition those calories to fat.

Fat creates fat. I just did PSMF and sucked it the fuck up.

No don't worry dude, I'm also

I'm cutting. I'm skinnyfat, not retarded.

Myron by the way. You look AMAZING bruh

I'm down from 193 to 187 in one month that I've been lifting.

Will get to like 165-170 then eat +250 for 3-6 months or so is the plan

Cut.

Cutting makes you look better and is healthier.

Yeah you'll look like an ethiopian

But it's better tobe an ethiopian than a fatfuck with ZERO definition.

I stayed natty so I just added 100 calories, then 200, then 300 over the course of... two long fucking years!

If I see that my abs lose definition or if I feel pudgy I fucking stop and cut down 100 calories. Which sucks because I cant even get my dick hard at some point due to the extreme measures I have taken.

I think its a problem, but w/e. I honestly dont know how long my will power can handle this. Why cant I just bulk like a regular person? Fuck this gay life.

started as skinny fat with pretty wide hips

i cut for ~2 months and in the end i actually looked worse than before the cut

now i eat like 200-300 above and can actually see pretty good progress after roughly 2 months of doing so

That's a,blessing in disguise man.

Trust me. Don't "eat big" like I did. I got fat as fuck

Natties DO NOT need bulk/cut cycles.

Eat slightly more to "bulk" and then do a mini cut. You'll stay lean and healthy. 500+calorie surplus is for roiders

>Natties DO NOT need bulk/cut cycles.

Wrong.

> 500+calorie surplus is for roiders

Not wrong.

The ideal path for natties is to cut until they hit 12% bodyfat, then bulk by eating +200 calories until they reach 15%.

Once 15% is reached, simply cut down to 12%.

What does "eat slightly more" even mean? Are you not counting calories? If you don't take this seriously that's fine, some people do.

Anyways, just because your idea of a "bulk" was to not count calories, eat +1500 surplus of pizza every day, and get fat as fuck, doesn't mean that bulk is a flawed model.

Simply bulking to 15% and then cutting back to 12% always you to always be healthy, look good, and make gains.

You look great dude. Really impressed with what you've done.

>Which sucks because I cant even get my dick hard at some point due to the extreme measures I have taken.

This is likely because you are not getting enough fat in your diet, or because you have anxiety/stress about feeling "fat".

It's one of the two. A lack of fat in your diet will cause ED. Feeling like you are fat while bulking can cause low self esteem and anxiety when it's time to take off your shirt, and lead to ED

>I think its a problem, but w/e. I honestly dont know how long my will power can handle this

Fix your diet. It sounds to me like you aren't getting enough fat in your diet.

Eat avocados. Drink milk.

Can't I just eat at maintainance and lift heavy things if I am skinnyfat?

I meant you need mini bulk/cuts.

Basically what you said.

By eat slightly more that's what I meant. A slight caloric surplus

If you want to be fat and unaesthetic forever

You will gain some muscles due to noob gains. Once noob gains end you will stop gaining muscle. You will remain the same amount of fat, Will will look terrible forever.

CUT dude. CUT DOWN.

Once you get to a low bf%, you can eat +200 and actually start GETTING RIPPED like you want to be.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post.

Yeah, I don't get this "dreamer bulk" stuff. All the noteable trips, Lotus, NatT, even the roiders will tell people it's bad and not to do.

It's terrible. You're gaining fat so fast, as a result, you will need to spend much longer cutting, and LOSE MUSCLE MASS DURING THE CUT while BEING UNABLE TO BULK AND GET STRONGER!

It's crazy. I can't believe people do it.

I have to believe that the people advocating dreamer bulks, 500+ calorie surplus, and also this fucking guy are just trolling. They want other people to look worse, to get fat, and damage their health.

It's Veeky Forums, I know, but this is the fitness board and there should be some brotherly love here, or at least a lack of malice

Yeah man. We said the same thing in different words lol.

Bulk/cut cycles fuck with your hormones and look way too much imo. They're only feasible with Roids where you can cut HARD and keep all your muscle and have high test (as a natty enjoy castration level test...)

or bulk hard and put on mass like crazy.

Natty means slow and steady. Slow, steady growth.looking the same month by month but achieving goals

I posted it earlier, but the reason it fucks with your homones is because people don't get enough fat in their diet cutting.

A lack of fat in your diet will stop your body producing test.

Your dick stops working, you get depresed, you are anxious around women, you are lazy, you feel like nothing you do matters, you lose muscle mass.

It's a real nightmare. And the solution is so simple: eat avocados.

JUST cutting alone doesn't fuck with test. Promise you.

I really wish more people realized this. It's a miserable existence living with low test. Horrible. You want to KYS every fucking day.

The solution is literally get more fat in your diet.

When everyone cuts, they start eating LEAN chicken breast, rice with NO FAT in it, and salad. And that's it.

THERES NO FAT IN ANY OF THAT!

As a result, their test levels drop off, and they lose tons of muscle, they feel like crap.

I feel like it does actually

A prolonged caloric deficit feels bad even with enough fat. Anyways I always get 50-60g fat when cutting minimum

I'm glad you're getting your fat in.

Yeah, honestly, cut does feel worse psychologically than bulk.

But there's no way around it.

It's just one of those things in life where you grit your teeth and you just fucking do it.

how many avocados a week do you need for optimal fat? i eat about half a day

>tfw i fell for the bulk meme, i should have cut to skinny anorexic and lift from there, now i have some "muscle" and but I can't see any of it because of the fat and i feel depressed as fuck

It depends how much fat you are getting without avocados.

Do you like them? if you enjoy them, just eat one a day to be safe

Not him but I've never had avocado before. What does it taste like? Pussy?

Id imagine avocado to be referred to as the pussy of fruit.

Always bulk first then cut as skinny fat like in that pic.

Do yourself a favor though and do not focus on legs, if at all. Wide hips already being a thing, the idea is to reproportion yourself. Everyone is good tell you to hop on starting strength, and they're right, just take squats out for all but one day and focus big on everything else.

Diddy, bench, ohp, pullup and dips. Squats are easy to add weight to fast, so you get an illusion of progress, but if you follow ss to a t you will be t rex mode.

You have 'some' muscle because you train like a bitch and have failed to progress your lifts beyond beginner status. Regardless of how fat you think you are now I bet you'd look 10x better if you kept bulking and actually put on some decent muscle.

It's a buttery, creamy texture, I have a hard time describing tastes.

Tastes p. good. A lot better than pussy.

I don't know what pussy tastes like I just thought it'd be interesting if that was the Avocado's nickname

keks

I cut first but really it was a waste of time. I'd have been better just lifting and eating at maintainence for a while or slowly bulking I reckon. Depends on just how big the fat part of skinnyfat you are and that's different for everyone.

Thanks dude, I gotta admit, I dont really pay attention to my fat intake.

If I may, I think skinnyfat dudes should aspire to get down to single digits bodyfat. That is what worked for me, and from what I gather our bodies would want to store fat and whenever we are in a surplus (no matter how little) a part of that would be partitioned to fat. So that would give them some room for error.

I also do a cheat day every 2-3 weeks or so. Where I eat a shit ton and then follow it by a 24 hour fast. Just so I could reset the leptin.

I am going to try out L Mcdonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0 apparently there is a way to bulk up with keeping fat gain at bay.

Skinnyfat here.

I spent six months lifting while not giving a single fuck about nutrition. Luckily, I managed to build some muscle mass and didn't get fattier.

However, after stalling on several lifts and aesthetic-wise as well, I decided to fix my diet. Since I hate my poofy nipples, I thought cutting first would be the way to go.

And personally, it was a terrible move. It would take a long while for my muscles to show because I had little muscle mass and too much fat.

The cutting process actually made me look worse. Yes, beforehand I had love handles, some nice titties, etc. But I honestly prefer a chunkier look to the skinny, sickly weak nu-male look.

See pic related for some insight: Both of these guys have the same body fat levels, and chances are if you're a skinnyfat looking for advice, you don't have any muscle mass. If you cut, you're faded to look like the guy on the right.

So now I've hopped on a lean bulk and am making gains while giving zero shits about my poofy nipples and bitch tits. I've had them for well over 15 years, why can't I endure a little longer?

When you finally have the muscle mass, that is when you start thinking about a cut.

TL;DR: Do a lean bulk, get mad gains, then cut. Cutting first can work but you might get demotivated since you will probably look like shit.

And of course, I failed to upload the fucking picture. Here it is.

My 2 cents: eat maintenance -100 kcal and recomp for 6 months on a strength routine. Track your macros.

Yes it's pretty fucking slow, but it won't be as taxing on your untrained body as training and -700 kcal deficit. You'll learn what to eat, how to train, when to rest and set a basis for a healthy lifestyle and its subsequent aesthetic improvements. Then you can focus on whatever your objectives are. I recommend getting into some sport/activity that is enjoyable to you.

Good luck and whatever path you choose, keep it up. Remember to set little attainable objectives that underlay your main long term objective, baby steps.

Long to bulk for? I been making gains but my stomach fat is depressing. Yesterday I was bloated as fuck.

How much muscle do you think I have? One month in still dyel ofc

Terrible advice. Never fall for the fat meme

Terrible advice, dyel?

Nigger take your shit off this isn't your local gayboy club pool

did you forget to lift while cutting brah?

my god, a reasonable post on Veeky Forums
I forgot what those look like

I'm a little fat after a year of lifting and I'm really unsatisfied with my lifts. I used to be a skeleton though, so I've made really good progress physique wise. I've decided I'm going to put on another ten pounds this winter and eat a strict diet.
Should I just wear a hoodie 24/7 so nobody can tell I'm a fat fuck?
What about my face?
I'd really like to just stop giving a shit about my appearance but my other goal this year is to get a gf.

do not bulk.

i started at 5'9" 145 lbs with visible ribs, some fat on my stomach and chest, and a shit ton of fat on my lower back/ass. i lifted for 1 month at maintenance calories and didn't make strength gains as fast as i want to.

i thought i'd bulk at a 700 cal/day surplus because "m-muh skelly mode," and i did gain a lot of strength as well as shit ton of fat.

i stopped bulking at 155 lbs. my top two abs are visible under my gut, my arms and shoulders are visible larger... but i'm fat. i have to cut down to 145 again.

it fucking sucks.

what about almonds in place of 'cados

lean bulk and convert fat into muscle until you're 5%

Your shoulders still appear much MUCH wider when you work out, mainly due to your deltoids increasing in size. Doing wide-grip incline bench presses + OHP added easily 3-4cm of width on each side for me after two-three months, when I first started out.

reminder that excess fat is living tissue that is dumping hormones into your bloodstream like a faggot kill that shit nigga fukkk

thank you

Any source of fat will stop the depression/etc from a lack of fat in your diet.

Some sources of fat are healthier than others. Almonds are healthy I'd say. It's a nut. That's good.

They have a fuck load of fat in them too, so yeah, that's fine.

I just personally don't like almonds.

Always rember to activate your almonds prior to eating them

>5%
Remember to leave humanity behind shortly after that.

Don't trust posters who don't post current body

Does 56kg/126lbs at 5'10 count as skinnyfat?

I have the wide hips, kinda the love handles, and all the rest on that pic. Should I just cut for a couple months and then bulk up? At, like, 3k calories per day? What macros would I need to be getting?

Josh Jones g I ain't know you browse the 'ch0n! chur cuzzie

Literally this. Been skinny fat for 4-5 years. Just eat at Maintenance and weight your self really often. And do a mirror check every day
Listen to your body

Why not just fucking eat at maintenance and lift
Dumb fucking idiots like you can't see past just cutting and just bulking

>been skinny fat for 5 years
>eats at maintenance

You'll be skinny fat until you die idiot

>offering advice

I went from fat to skinny fat worth sagging stomach. Thinking I might need surgery but am gonna try a bulk and cut first. I don't want to bulk too hard though because I'm scared of getting too far from my flat stomach goal.

6 months ago I was 6' 130lbs with 18% bf.
Started lifting 6 days a week and eating 2400-3000 cals/day. I'm 155lbs 15% bf and I look so much better. Can't wait to hit 180 and cut.

So from my personal experience I would recommend bulking then cutting because I'm happy with my body now and I literally couldn't have afforded to look skinnier even though it was mostly fat.

B U L K
U
L
K

Is it possible to gain muscle and lose fat while eating at maintenance?

Keep bulkan til 200 then cut geeze. Do you not want any muscle on you at all?

Lmao LEAN BULK dyel faggot

As a beginner, yes, easily.

OK bby 4u

Seriously though, when should I stop? I'm gaining a pound every week which I thought was the general idea. I been making gain but the gut and hips are depressing

160 lbs
5'10

hey guys

do I qualify as skinnyfat? or just skelly?

and back

Skelly

son of a bitch forgot the picture

that's good I guess

Listen to this guy. Cut first down to your pathetic muscle while lifting and then lean bulk. Or eat at maintenance and lift.

Numale

You are the unholy walking dead. Please eat. You would need to gain a lot of weight to finally be skinnyfat.

Oh, okay. I feel kinda fat but like most of Veeky Forums my body dysmorphia is a bit severe. Can you please explain macros to me though? I have a routine picked out (pic related), went and finally got my gym membership today, so I'm all ready to get started except for that. I know how much I need to eat, but am not sure what. Also, I plan to do cardio on rest days because I have a really terrible cardio vascular system and that's important to me. My gym membership includes access to an Olympic swimming pool, so I'll do that for cardio.

I know this is Veeky Forums but I'm skinnyfat and all I want is a normal body weight, how do I achieve this?

What even causes skinnyfat and why is it so hard to get rid of?

nothing in particular causes skinnyfat^*, it's just what you are when you have very little muscle and a medium-ish amount of bodyfat. It appears to be hard to get rid of, because all muscle you add is hidden under the fat, until you break through a barrier (either by adding enough muscle or by cutting enough fat) where suddenly every muscle and striation becomes visible, and you turn ripped.

Just lift, and if your goal is to be pretty lean & shredded, watch your caloric intake.

^* although I guess there is a particular characteristic look to most skinnyfat people where their body-form looks female/curvy-ish, which I think is because their transverse abdominis/core/obliques are basically non-existant, giving them a slim waist, thinner than their hips.

I was skinny fat when i started and i fell for the cutting meme. I was 6' 120lbs at about 15% eat at a slight caloric surplus you will find this by eating a bit more than you do until you are putting on around half a kg a week. Then once you have a decent frame you can start to cut.

>What does "eat slightly more" even mean? Are you not counting calories? If you don't take this seriously that's fine, some people do.
We aren't fitness models most guys don't have time to count calories. I have lost 25lbs and haven't counted a single calorie. Start by decreasing what you eat If you lose weight one week then maintain that until weight loss slows down then remove more calories.

Thats a pretty extreme comparison though. guy on the right has like 0 muscle

I think it depends. If you're on the twig end of skinny fat just go ahead and bulk.

If you have love handles and have some chub just do a quick cut. Lift while you cut. If you're completely new to lifting you'll make some noob gains; after a month or two of lifting/cutting you'll look a lot better and feel better about yourself.

at 10% bf someone who can do like 30 pushups looks ok to people who dont have body dysmorphia........not saying thats the end goal, and you should def lift but you will feel better about yourself if thats how you start out.

>to bulk without fixing your insulin your body would just partition those calories to fat

explain pls. i've been ~190lbs at 6' skinnyfat for awhile now, and am hesitant to cut because i thought i should focus on strength and form first (i can't get past 1plate on compound lifts). will losing the fat help my lifts if i keep training throughout the cut?

So then why are there some people who don't exercise yet aren't skinnyfat?