Will I be okay if I substitute my entire diet with rice and baked beans?

Will I be okay if I substitute my entire diet with rice and baked beans?
How about just rice?
Will I lose weight or die?

This is a staple of brazilian diet. Just add some vegetables and you are ready to go.

you will lose fat and muscle

Add chicken to that and you're good to go...
For phosphorus poisoning, at least.

You'll lose weight if you eat less calories than you expend, you mong. Read the sticky.

That said, rice and beans is a pretty based combo, but I sincerely doubt you have the willpower to eat that shit constantly. Add in some veggies (especially leafy greens) and a multi and you're good.

I doubt I will either, but my wallet is empty enough right now that I just might pull it off for a while.

Chicken = bad?

I know that feel, famalam. If I may, I suggest some lentils to go with. High protein, cooks quick and easy, cheap as beans, and has a decent taste profile. Dunno what is talking about with the chicken, but I think you're probably fine as long as the chicken is used sparingly. If you're seriously broke, remember tough cuts of meat boiled with some basic spices overnight are god-tier and cheap as shit. We're all gonna make it, lad.

Cheers brother.
Gonna pick up some lentils tomorrow, I appreciate your advice.

>tfw brazilian
>tfw haven't had rice and beans for at least 3 weeks

this is worse than banana deprivation not gonna lie

No, but it would be extremely painful

Have you ever heard of scurvy?

Yea, but I get plenty of sunlight.

beans + protein rich diet = fart gains

good luck

You're a big guy...

That really has nothing to do with vitamin c
It's d thats sunlight

>I sincerely doubt you have the willpower to eat that shit constantly

>mfw i eat that shit every fuckin day, sunday to sunday
>yfw i love it

When you began eating that shit, was it difficult?

White > brown.

I too eat rice beans and greens quite often in the week. I start to crave the flavor. Add in shit like spices and onions and whatnot. Dont go for plain ol boiled rice and boiled beans. Fuck off all you lazy cookers. You dont have to torture yourself when eating the same things.

I know nothing about spices.
Any suggestions?

Internet search it man sorry.

eating white rice will make you fat, desu

Grab a Cajun spice blend to start. No effort and it will immediately help stuff taste better.
There are actually quite a few pre-made spice blends you can buy that will help a lot. I abuse poultry seasoning for chicken all the time.

In general, different cuisines have different groups of spices they use (with some overlap between them). Look at some recipes online and you can get a feel for which food types use what.

If we're talking rice and beans, I'd start with a bit of black pepper and garlic salt as bare bones seasoning

You're a legend mate, thank you.

Rice is pretty cool, today I wanted to buy a rice cooker because its like cheating for food stuffs. Rice is cheap, and also filling enough. Its much better than the store bought industrial garbage.

I say that its cheating because its so cheap. I am trying to reduce my foodprint with fancy foodstuffs and decided to re-include rice in my diet again. Varied of course. Rice alone is not good as well, but it will be good when I switch to potatoes, or veggies or other stuff.

I am almost eating like a normal non fat normie family man used to eat 50 years ago, kek.

>no fat
say bye bye to ur testosterone

Like your style of switching rice and potatoes back and forth. For desert you could add in roasted nuts dried fruit or yogurt. Also id have a staple greens food on the side instead of using it as a substitute food.

my poor mans diet is
frozen broccoli
potatoes
eggs

You autiomaclly lose weight because of how bland the food is

potatoes, breads, dairy, meats, types of veggies etc.

There are many things to switch from, but including a rice cooker and eating rice will probably cut a bit off my budget without any adverse effects.

I hope my local store still has that rice cooker kek.

If you cook rice often id highly suggest a sub $30 cooker. Remember you can also keep cooled cooked rice in the cooker for your next meal. Def worth the investment. And you dont lose grains from a sticky pot.

Also hang around the kitchen first times you use the cooker just in case something is "off" and it boils over or needed more/less water.

Listen to me very carefully. Rice contains your carb requirements. It has minimal protein, and there are certain amino acids (protein chunks) that your body NEEDS that rice doesnt have. Pairing with beans is whats called "complementary proteins" where the beans provide the essential proteins that the rice doesnt (lysine I think). Rice does not contain the fat that your body needs to work at full capacity, but beans do, so thats good as well. Theres a reason why poor countries can survive off beans and rice: theyre cheap and contain enough nutrients to survive.
>HOWEVER
Vitamins and minerals are used in your body to facilitate metabolism reactions (break down nutrients into usable energy). They are also required to facilitate anabolism (muscle and cell growth, and creation of nutrients). Its really quite complicated, but your biggest concerns on the rice and bean diet are vitamins. Now, you should be fine with B-vitamins mostly IF YOU BUY whole grain rice. White rice has 100% of the vitamins removed, and they fortify it with roughly 80% of the original value. The unprocessed rice however has the germ intact, which is the powerhouse of the rice, where the fats, vitamins and minerals are stored. This is the only real benefit of whole grains besides the fiber from the bran.

Tl;dr
>rice and beans (YOU NEED BEANS) isn't the worst
>fortify with vitamins (B-12 IS MOST IMPORTANT) also calcium (bones but more importantly muscle contraction
>white rice is not enough, you need whole grain
>vitamin C should be added in supplement form because it regulates immune system response and also other metabolism reactions

The shortest answer is don't do it unless you have no other alternative. If you're doing it to lose weight, you will mostly be depriving your body of the nutrients it needs to function properly, and will lead to depression and weakness at best and illness and more permanent afflictions at worst.

>favela diet
why eat like a shitty brazilian if you live in states
o w8

What's with people and rice cookers

Do you not know how to cook rice with normal pans or something?

my chinky gf used to have a rice cooker, that thing was delightful. It makes cooking rice much easier, bought a cheapo one from a store today for 14 bucks. One year warranty, will serve me well.

This thing, combined with rice will mean cheapo calories, of somewhat healthy food, in fast food tier time, and fast food tier easiness.

and I need that because I calculated that together, with the whey, all the supplements, preworkouts, my monthly euro footprint is something like 160 euro. And that without calories, and without specific macro requirements besides the proteins. And without the fruits, and veggies...

It aint eazy to be super healthy. Well it actually is...kek, being blessed with high enough IQ to wade through all of this is kinda ez.

Why don't you just have your asiatic make you rice?

Noice. But please dont tell me you exchange your real foods for brotein bowder. Please use supplements to supplement.

I do use whey to supplement, dont worry. I eat meat, I also drink kefir. I have more than enough solid foods in my diet. Its just that when I need to supplement it at odd hours, or somewhere at work. I just bring a shake along. Something something about needing to have to ingest enough proteins every 6 hours to keep muscle synthesis going on.

because of EX for a reason. Too hard to find a new one. She was pretty good at those things too, her mom even was a chinky restaurant owner thing who knew a thousand different dishes.

Iktf bro, altough I mainly miss pés de moça.

Not baked beans. Those are loaded with simple sugar and have less protein. Go for black beans, lentils, kidney beans.
Add to this some frozen spinach. Cheap and so great for you.
1lb raw brown rice is $1
1lb raw beans $1.25
1lb frozen spinach $1.44 at walmart

If you ate it all in a day (which would be insane) that's not even $4 a day. Get a multivitamin to add to it.

Buy bulk amounts when possible.

Google congee.

>Rice
>Beans
>Collard greens
>Fried egg(s)
>Manioc flour

Should be set for life user

Sure but make sure you add some more protein too. The rice is a great source of carbs giving you long term energy but you need some protein In there too, especially if you're going to be working out and the beans just won't be enough.

A few cheap things you can try if you're short on cash.

>tuna with mayo and a little bit of tomato on top of the rice

>lentils

>eggs.
so cheap and you can either just eat em raw with your steamed rice or fry them up. Whatever works for you.

If you can, invest in a Costco card.

As long as you stick to buying only 2-3 things when you go, you can Save alot of money buying in bulk.

I got 15 dozen eggs there this morning for like 4 bucks

And a 16 pack of albacore tuna for like 10

Other things you can try are the Salmon Patties or just plain Hamburger Patties which are also good if you're on a budget too. Lettuce wrap hamburgers have almost zero carbs and are relatively cheap to eat.

Idk, hope this was helpful user.

You da real mvp

in the same boat, i skip the rice though since i'm on a cut and just max on lentils which are dirt cheap, 3 dollars worth has put me through 3 weeks of lunches, and with the money you save buy some chicken breh

What type of beans are the healthiest for weight loss and gains? Black?

Enjoy dying

Are you suggesting that chicken gives you phosphorus poisoning, because I've never heard of this and eat chicken breast for almost all my protein.

Poorfag who bulked on the cheap with rice and beans. Got fat as fuck, would not recommend.

You bought 180 eggs? What the fuck do you do with them?

He's Gaston-ing for a week.

rice + beans is a staple diet for like 75% of the world, all the essential amino acids etc

>dumbfag who thinks that a specific food made him fat instead of realizing it's a quantity problem

>not buying your eggs on sale and freezing them

They taste the same and keep consistency?

>so cheap and you can either just eat em raw with your steamed rice

Eating cheap raw eggs is a quick way to check yourself in a hospital.

You know nothing john snow

>meu negro
my mouth is watering. I would add oranges to list thou

Why are lentils so perfect
>cheap
>great protein and fiber source
>holy shit those micronutrients
>absorb any spice combo so tons of ways to prepare
>absorb all of the liquid so no water leeching
>can replace water with chicken broth for richer flavor