Dl warmup

what's the lowest warm up weight you start with while deadlifting and how quickly do you ramp it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NVf6gEEStQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Brock, quit training in the bathroom

no funny posts allright

Sauce
I need to see that Brock workout

1pl8, what else. i go up in 20 kg steps and when i get close i either jump 30kg or go 20 and do a shorter set, then ten. i recommend a bw warmup before diddlying 1pl8 if youre a weak faggot like me

275, ramp up by 10% until worksets

(running Sheiko)

youtube.com/watch?v=NVf6gEEStQM

always start with the bar, no matter what you do

I dl 220kg and i do this

LMAO1Pl8
I warm up very slowly so it takes me about 4 sets to get in the groove and start adding weight

225 --> 275 --> 325.

Something in that fashion.

Warm-up is 2pl8
Working sets at 350 4x5
I just do 5 minutes of cardio and stretch whatever I'm working beforehand.

135 -> 225 -> 315 working set. Working set weight still going up so eventually I'll probably do more than 2 warm up sets with a slower ramp. (Doing diddlies for 2 months now.)

>foam rolling
>2x5 60kg conventional
>1x5 100kg snatch grip
>1x5 120kg sumo

Then I do whatever I'm supposed to/I want to do.

135 x 8, 55% (of first workset) x 5, 70% x 5, 85% x 3, Worksets

I do.
60kg x10
80kg x5
100kg x5
120kg x5
140kg x5
160kg x3
180kg x1
200kg x1
220kg x1
Working sets.

who's that fucking ape?

>not starting with the bar

>working sets
>warmup
pick one

That's way too much warmup.

what's your "working set" for 315? 5?

1pl8 1x5
2pl8 1x5
3pl8 is my working weight atm

Keep in mind I've done squats before

You're supposed to do actual warmups too you mongoloid.

I do DL and squats on the same day too. I go
1x5 1pl8
1x5 2pl8
1x5 2.5pl8
1x5 3pl8
1x5 3pl8+20 if it's a good day

Nah.
I perform better with this than if I go quickly to working weight.

what is the downside of "too much warmup" other than potentially wasting a few minutes of your day?

I do 135 for 5 reps and then go straight for 5RM at 4pl8 then I'm toast and can't even think of doing another set at anything over 350.

How the fuck do you guys keep it together for that many sets.

Lol threads like these prove that Veeky Forums is just a collection of retarded bro lifters below the level of even Reddit and misc.
>"I do 15 sets of warm ups before I start my working sets"
t. Veeky Forums retards

t. Veeky Forums poster

Well, whatever works for you. For me that just seems a bit excessive.

Wearing yourself out before the actual sets.

current working set
>405lb
routine:
7x135
6x225
5x315
3x3x405

Tiring yourself out.

but if you're getting tired then aren't you exercising the muscle?
(inb4 only x% of 1RM trains muscle because I saw it in an infographic)

If I'm close to failing or failing a set, the next set needs to be at least 70% lighter or I won't be able to budge it. Other than that, volume doesn't really drain me on deadlifts and I finish with armap, usually 15-20 x225 after 5rm (inb4 >amrap on deadlifts).

Psh. That's nothing.
Here's my warmup: all in pounds (even reps)
45x5
95x5
105x5
115x5
125x5
135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5
195x3
205x3
215x5

Then my working sets start with lmao2pl8

You are, but most people aren't doing deadlifts to do able to do 20 reps at 1 plate but rather do 5 reps at 3 plate. So by tiring out earlier, you're just getting better at handling lighter weights.

I think I start off with 40% of my 1RM, and work my way up. Last time I did DL's, it was 5x50kg, 5x62.5kg, 3x75kg, and then 5x87.5kg, 5x100kg and 5x112.5kg for worksets.

Tiring out your muscles before you get to the actual work sets.

excluding people who train to compete in powerlifting what difference does it make as long as your workout leaves your muscles exhausted? if you feel more spent after doing those 8 sets of warmups and say 300 for your last set then isn't that a better workout than someone doing 2 sets of warmups and then 320?

btw I don't do 8 sets of warmups myself just curious

You're going way too fast, you're gonna rip yourself apart if you don't slow down a bit

A good warmup routine is to start with an ez-curl bar and start adding 2.5lbs until you hit 45 and then continue with the regular bar until you hit your working weight.

People might think you're weird for taking 3 and a half hours to do your deadlifts but at least you won't be joining them in snap city

How about you just do 1000 squats with no weight at all. you'll feel real tired afterwards.

Congratulations, you just did cardio.

>deadlifting 300 instead of 320 turns the exercise into cardio

Working at heavy weights (close to your limit) also teaches you to recruit more of your motor units together and stresses your CNS. Doing lower weights doesn't do that as much - which is often the reason why people's true 1RM is never close to what 1Rm calculators predict from 20 reps or something of a lighter weight.

Now you're getting it

You make more gains with heavier weights. Why tire yourself out before getting to the weights you could actually handle, if you hadn't strained the muscle too much in advance?

I'm just taking your mode of thinking to its logical extreme, to make a point.

Less weight and more reps makes you better at less weight for more reps. More weight and less reps makes you better are more weight at less reps. Most people here are training for strength, which is higher weight at less reps.

You use the words "better workout", but that's not really an objective thing. It depends on what you want from your workout. If you want to get strong, do less reps at higher weight.

Have you even read Starting Strength?

that's not my logical extreme though as I never suggested that lower weight is better or that there is no such thing as too low. my argument was the middle of the road argument, not either extreme.
>Less weight and more reps makes you better at less weight for more reps. More weight and less reps makes you better are more weight at less reps.
>You use the words "better workout", but that's not really an objective thing.
which is why I specifically excluded powerlifting competitors where it's clear which one is desired. most of us don't lift 300 pound boxes for a living either so I don't see why that would be assumed. DL is a great exercise for overall body strength but it's purposefully overly exertive compared to real life use of the muscles. you rarely tire yourself out in 30 seconds doing something other than explicit weight training.

also we (excluding powerlifters) don't go to the gym to move as much weight as possible or move weight from point A to point B. we go to the gym to exhaust the muscle. so I don't see what difference it makes at which point it gets exhausted as long as it does.
ok this is a proper answer
this is broscience

>start with an ez-curl bar

Whoa, slow down there Jose, you're starting too heavy. I like to pretend I'm gripping an imaginary bar and slowly add imaginary weights to it before I work my way up to real weights

>this is broscience
Are you claiming that you can get big and strong without lifting heavy?

>. we go to the gym to exhaust the muscle.

Haha ok whatever bro enjoy your fucking cardio. Seriously though, you sound EXACTLY like your average brosciencing curlbro talking about "exhausting the muscle". You train without purpose and therefor you train poorly.

If you want to "exhaust the muscle" you really should do 1000 bodyweight squats. It will exhaust you way more than any heavy lifts.

>t. first 3 months of going to the gym and thinks starting strenght is literal holy scripture since it's in the sticky
did you remember to mention the hilarious no cardio meme :D

Bar
1pl8
2pl8
Slow and controlled up and down until here
3pl8
3.5pl8
4pl8

Great memeing bro.

1p8
2p8
3p8