What exactly does it protect you from?

what exactly does it protect you from?

I don't know, but I saw a Down's syndrome kid lifting in one once. So definitely not that.

People thinking you're just a regular fat guy. Belt lets them know you're a powerlifter.

I use mine to protect my virginity

snap city i suppose

nothing if you don't know how to use it

if you don't know the proper bracing maneuver then it won't help you at all but make you uncomfortable

matter of fact, go read the belt bible so you don't ask anymore retarded question

It doesn't protect anything, just provides support to brace your core against, enabling you to lift heavier (since core is the limiting factor on heavy lifts)

Women.

It allows you to ego lift

So I know what it's for. But I want to know why it's a better option than training core for strength. I'm not OP, just curious.

this desu.

It's for bracing your core so you don't shit your guts out during heavy deads

from your ovaries exploading

You should be training your core if it's a really weak area. The belt helps because you can brace harder against it, no matter how strong your core is. Think about it like flexing your bicep on air versus flexing while holding a weight or holding your hand back. No matter how strong or weak your bicep is you will be able to brace it harder against a resistance.

>what exactly does it protect you from?
Bitchmade squats.

I shouldn't have lol'd

It's not an excuse for not training core
It's just a tool to help go heavy

Makes it easier to lift, I can usually DL an extra 10KG using one.
I guess at higher weights it might support your spine so you dont injure yourself.

So I don't because I'm there to get strong not wear equipment.

>protect
Nothing. It doesn't protect you from anything if you don't use it correctly or if your form's shit. If you brace correctly by using the valsalva maneuver, you can use the strength in your core more effectively to support your lower back and prevent it from rounding so you can deadlift, squat or overhead press higher numbers without endangering your lower back.

>be fat guy
>dress a rugby t-shirt

everytiem

Nothing if your form is bad.
It helps brace the core, which helps lifting. But it won't brace your core for you, if you don't know how to do it in the first place.

I never used a belt and deadlift 6plate, squat 4plate.