Starvation mode

What the fuck is starvation mode? I thought its a just calories in calories out?

Other urls found in this thread:

inquisitr.com/1608434/christian-bale-weight-loss-diet-helps-him-to-lose-63-pounds-in-four-months/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your body considers fat to be more valuable than muscle. It contains more energy.
So, if you starve, your body will burn muscle instead of fat stores.
The first world is something evolution has not anticipated.

Starvation mode to me is eating basically the bare minimum of calories to keep going. Like only eating cup of ramen every day

>1500cal
>110g of protein
>45g of carbs
>70g of fat
>See more fat loss than muscle loss
>MFW

It's just energy efficient mode, you can still burn through it. Basically it makes you produce less heat and be more lethargic

>if you starve, your body will burn muscle instead of fat stores.

what counts as "starvation"

It's a meme excuse used by fatties to let them snack on food every 3 hours. If the human body began falling apart every time it didn't eat for a day, we'd have died off a long time ago

It only activates when you're actually starving ya doofus. Like less than 200 cals a day, maybe even less.

Not eating enough to support you life very long. Think African child with distended stomach eating one small bowl of roce every 2 days kinda starving.

Not true. Only certain mutations make the body burn the muscle first which must really suck. Starvation is just energy saving mode which means anything that is consuming energy and is not necessary will be shut down

>distended stomach

>It is typically a symptom of an underlying disease or dysfunction in the body

Not because of starvation

This might include the gains since muscle is a huge energy burner even if not active

I believe it's a total and complete misunderstanding of the concept of adaptive thermogenesis

I was setting an image, not saying that was caused by starvation.

Less than less than 200 calories

>The Christian Bale weight loss diet consisted of an apple and can of tuna fish per day. Occasionally, he used Anne Hathaway’s weight loss strategy of eating just two thin squares of dried oatmeal paste.

inquisitr.com/1608434/christian-bale-weight-loss-diet-helps-him-to-lose-63-pounds-in-four-months/

?? What was your reading comprehension score?

you can stop muscle wasting by eating high protein and lifting weights

what actually happens is your metabolism lowers and adapts to the low calories (usually 800 calories a day)

Hey dumb fuck. Meme all you want starvation mode isn't real.

>muh african kid

Who are you arguing with? Need to take ya meds mate.

> 'Hey Chris, your ass has dropped.' And he said, 'What do you mean?' And I said, 'You've stopped losing body fat, and now you're actually losing elasticity of muscles' - I forget the exact medical term for it, but I said, 'You've gone beyond body fat, and now you're into actual muscle tissue and things are being affected."

You said you burn fat first

That's only when your fat percentage falls so low that it would be suicide for the body to eat those reserves
But then again not eating is a method of suicide

>What the fuck is starvation mode?
a lie perpetrated by holocaust deniers

The distended stomach is ascites, which is caused by hypoalbuminemia. Hypoalbuminemia in turn is caused by malnutrition, for example due to starvation.