My dad bought me the inzer lever belt and a pair of adi-powers for my birthday since he sees me making progress in the...

My dad bought me the inzer lever belt and a pair of adi-powers for my birthday since he sees me making progress in the gym and sticking with it.

Only problem is that I feel weird using them in the gym since I only squat 265, bench 200, and deadlift 425.

Am I just being paranoid? Should I just not care and go use them?

After all that weight and you are still a little bitch.

>Am I just being paranoid?
yes

>Should I just not care and go use them?
yes

a guy in my gym was squatting 205 wearing lifting shoes and literally no one cared

just don't rely on the belt. but at the end of the day...you can do whatever the FUAK you wanna do.

>just don't rely on the belt.

explain how this is possible

im just saying have a back up plan in case he hurts you again

Train without one

Your muscles can make their own belt

Adi-power are fine to use.

I wouldn't use a belt, especially at those numbers.
But it's very sweet of your dad to give you it, so just wear it.

Why don't you learn how a belt and lifting shoes work and then you will understand how utterly stupid your question is.

wear the belt for heavy work sets/prs.

dont wear the belt for warm up sets / walking around / cardio / unrelated accessories

This.

I wore a belt on my last warmup and all of my heavy sets.

Next thing I knew I couldn't walk without wearing my belt all the time, I couldn't even ride my bike without wearing my belt on the smallest hole I could get it to.

All of my accessory work went out the window unless I could wear my belt.

You have to be really careful, wearing a belt is like taking hardcore drugs, one minute it's just "hey i'll try this just one" and then the next you've lost your entire life and all you can do is walk around wearing a belt.

kek

I got brand new adipowers for $50 because I got a chance to go to the employee store. Realized probably wouldn't get that chance again and took it. Squat 2 pl8 and the only comments or looks I've gotten are "nice shoes" from someone wearing the same shoes, and "where'd you get those?"

just take it with you when he sees you leave for the gym but don't wear it inside if you're embarrassed about it

Use the belt, use the shoes. All of these anons telling you not to are retarded, and don't actually understand how either of these work.

training beltless makes your core stronger

Shoes are good.

Agreed about the belt. You don't have to wear it but maybe use it as motivation to lift till you do need it

Don't you understand what he is trying to say you stupid cunt?

OP is worried about looking stupid and what that guy said is that there is no reason to worry about it, unless you walk around in the belt for everything you do.
Which is possibly the only way to really look fucking stupid in the context of wearing a belt.
He never said that wearing a belt makes you dependent on it on a physical level.

Was that so hard?

training barbellless makes your core stronger

i fucking hate someone wearing lever belts and squat shoes and weak as fuck and think they know shit

if you're gonna wear them know you're weak as fuck and dont act smug lol.

there's this guy at the gym who has all the powerlifting shit knee sleeves, long socks, some meme shirts and all that he barely squats 3 plates.

doesnt even make eye contact when he sees me squatting 455 for reps with my velcro belt and romaleos on

what a bitch

Learn how to brace properly without a belt. Adding a bet will supplement it.

christ dude go jerk off

I've never used a belt. I have been lifting on off for about 7 years (since I was 15) my dl pr is 535 and squat 405. Never had a lifting related injury in my life and I did crossfit in highschool so I'm pretty proud of that. If you feel like you are going to injure yourself then you need to use less weight. Progress is best made slow and steady, impatience is your worst enemy when lifting. I don't discourage belt use, but I truly don't think anyone needs needs a belt to lift safely. Some people like it and if you do then use what feels best but don't feel obligated to use a belt for safety.

If it helps, use it.

Something the roided out dudes that laugh at your stats learned long ago.

Who gives a fuck. A smelly arab in my gym curls in a belt and.noone cares. Also how the fuck do people on fit bench so little, while.dl/squatting so higj? I bench 315, dl 315 qnd hardly squat 250. Is being a leglet my destiny?

Definitely use the adipowers. They might actually help your fucking pathetic squat.

>squat 405
>on off for about 7 years

then shut the fuck up, a 405 squat is fucking average for the amount of time you've been lifting, you dont know shit

i squatted 545 in under 3 years

bench 160kg squat 160kg dl 180kg

i

give

a

fuck

about

legs

Does anyone else wish their dad had been there more? This thread has me feel-ing.

>doesnt even make eye contact
Maybe because he knows you're a bitch and doesn't care about you.

Use the adipowers, it will only improve your squat by keeping you more upright. As for the belt you don't need it until you're repping out very heavy weight or it will just be a crutch

The belt is a precious gift from your father signifying that your making it and that your ancestors would be proud. Either wear it with honor, accept it but explain to your dad you want to save it for when you know you've earned/need it, or you know just do what these anons said
Happy birthday OP. Good job and keep it up.

>Maybe because he knows you're a bitch and doesn't care about you.

dont let your autism ruin your life thinking like that

Make some gains with that fucking belt or you bring great dishonor to famiry

It's called falling for the proper strength base routine

> My dad bought me the inzer lever belt and a pair of adi-powers for my birthday

Your dad is a bro.

Your deadlift is pretty good compared to your bench and squat. You're deadlifting over 4 plates--wouldn't look at all out of place to use a belt.

Adipowers for squats is just standard. If you're still comfortably making progress without a belt you can continue to not use it, but I'd try using it around 85-95% of 1RM max.

Actually, if you've never used a belt practice bracing your core with it at lower weights as well. It takes a little bit of getting used to.

Thank your dad dude. Those are some expensive and high quality birthday gifts.

Belts make a bigger difference the heavier you lift. My beltless deadlift would be 500, and the belt would add 30 pounds, and now the belt adds almost 50 pounds and takes my deadlift to 650. I also lift in a more upright sumo position, so I can't get it that tight for conventional, as most conventional lifters have a hard time deadlifting with a tighter belt.

>My beltless deadlift would be 500
>and now the belt adds almost 50 pounds
>takes my deadlift to 650

500 + 50 = 650

wow i wanna add 50 to every lift i have 2

He's saying he's stronger now, and that the belt adds more because he's stronger.

fucking reading comprehension, man

I squat 225 for 6 and deadlift 315 and wear it. What? is this martial arts where you need to earn a belt? its the best belt you can get, you have the finances, so just use it, flex on faggots and there shitty belts who cares.

i pretend im a different person so they cant tell im retarded and illiterate

am i obliged to make eye contact with everyone who lifts heavier than me? will this get me a gf?

Let's back up here.

Your dad is awesome.

Good job, OP dad.

PS your DL is waaaaay outpacing your other lifts. How'd that happen?

training with a belt makes you stronger

>squat 2.5pl8
>diddly +4pl8

How did this happen? And how can I follow?

...Are you in Edmonton? because I got my purple Inzer belt stolen, exact same one on your pic and my pair of Adipower 2 weeks ago.

Pretty sure inzer has sold more than one purple belt, there are a lot of you flaming homos out there.

I-I love purple. And is your adi power size 7.5?

Dude I am in Edmonton, where do you work out at?

I am being serious here, are you the op with the belt? If not, yeah I'm in E town. I'm usually in Golds WEM around 10pm, come on down for a free gym sesh :)

>Chubbyfat dude squatting 1.5 body weight
>thinks he's mean mugging everyone at the gym
>muh dominance
lol k lol u r an elite athlete user

why did he have to go?

What the fuck is up with all the people on Veeky Forums in Edm going to fucking Golds WEM. All I hear is bad things about that place.

I go to Kinsmen, it is ok.

Also I am not op. I have a ST belt, fucking awesome.

Never said it's a great gym, it's shit. But I go there because I've been in golds since 4 year ago and made shit tons of friends

I'm moving to Edmonton next summer. Any gym recommendations?

What the fuck is up with your deadt being so much more than squat? Jesus fix your shit programming. Also your father bought you 250 dollars worth of gear be happy af. Thats such a nice gesture.

Also I see a kid in ny gym whi squats 315 and uses a purple inzer belt

use them for testing 1rms and even 3rm. thats why i got a belt. I dont use it for 5x5 but when i get to 3 or 2 or 1rm i slap it on.

That's wicked. After inzer belt got stolen I got my belt from a local dude who makes belts from scratch, he is in a crossfit gym called rock jungle in West. NorthLift belts is his biz name. His belts are good too.

DON'T, I'M SERIOUS

>unironically powerlifting

why?

the shoes are fine. use the belt for assistance when you need it (i.e. don't walk around with it all the time)

>I donno what kinda job you do, but economy is shit, most people are out of jobs here
>fucking cold, expect -45
>Nothing to do here
>Ugly oil city
>Shit gym

Only benefit from you coming here is that there's a good burger place here

Father was going to get me in Suncor to continue apprenticeship

Welp where to?

Engineering? My engineering friend was having hard time getting jobs here, if you have connection I think you'll be ok job wise, but prepare to get bored af
Anywhere that's not Edmonton

Electrician and AC

You could be an Electrician anywhere, you have a real nice job that allows you to go anywhere warmer and nicer than Edmonton. I mean you do you but this place is depressing :(

Well then, round trip to bc I go. Since i lived there for a bit

I just want to gtfo of Ontario. Thinking of going to the states, but with trump... I settled with my second choice of going out west.

>BC
YEEEES good on you. Seriously BC is so much nicer and beautiful than E town. You'll not regret it
Ontario is awesome too! pricey but it's so nice there, shit to do too.

Shit to do? I guess.. I just don't know BC as much because in Alberta i Visited my father often during my summers off.

Good to know thanks :) Will add it to the train of thoughts.

>After all that weight and you are still a little bitch.

Fpbp

usually if you go to BC's home page they post events. But BC has ocean, nature and lot of events fappening. I was gonna move there.
Before you get stuck in one place, might as well be very cautious about where you're gonna live :)

You cared

underrated posts tbqh