Controlling sweet tooth

I bulked a little too hard and want to scale back the calories a bit. But how in the hell do I control my sweet tooth? I live in a warm humid area so after walking around campus all day covered in sweat, a big bowl of ice cream is just amazing. I tried substituting ice cream for other sweets but I still eat a similar amount. I do the same with grapes and apples and oranges too. I tried sugar-free options like diet soda and popsicles and shit but those just increase the cravings which cause me to binge on real sugary sweets. Are there any sweets that are satisfying but not too heavy on the calories?

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=coke life
lmgtfy.com/?q=pepsi next
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fudge pops are shockingly devoid of calories and sugar for how good they taste.

Apple cider vinegar diluted with water everytime i have a craving. 1-3 teaspoon in 300ml water

Any specific kind?

Does it taste like apple cider? I thought this was a fad product.

Just the standard "fudgsicle" ones in the yellow box. If you're a chocolate guy like me they're a godsend.

cool I'll check them out

I'm biased because I have virtually no sweet tooth and usually only eat sweets at events/parties, but that flavored bubbly water is really great for me. All the fizzy deliciousness of soda without the dehydration, fuzzy teeth, and kcals. But I also have rarely ever drank soda so take that with a grain of salt. Give it a shot when you want something sweet, maybe it'll work for you?

Or try those no calorie clear bottle sodas that are cheap as fuck. I don't remember the exact brand I get, but they're just dirt cheap diet soda for like seventy cents a bottle. That's less ideal but if the flavored carbonated water fails then that might succeed.

Fug I should have read the post first. Have you tried sorbet? It's a lot more expensive, but the high quality ones are usually pretty low calorie for how good they taste. May not be sweet enough for you though.

The brand is called Refreshe™, my good sir.

Sorbet is tasty but a lot more expensive than ice cream. That's the other problem, I can get very tasty ice cream for $4 for 1.5L so it's not breaking the bank whenever I stuff my face.

These drinks and diet sodas just increase cravings for me. It would be cool if there was an intermediate, like half-diet soda with 50-70 calories per can instead of 150.

>Sorbet is tasty but a lot more expensive than ice cream. That's the other problem, I can get very tasty ice cream for $4 for 1.5L so it's not breaking the bank whenever I stuff my face.

That's where self control comes in dude. You can treat your sweet tooth, but after a certain point you have to have the discipline to reduce your indulging. One of those could be swapping cheap as fuck ice cream for more expensive sorbet. Then you can either feel the cost of your habits in your wallet, or you can have a small, lower calorie bowl of ice cream. Or you can have the ice cream and just factor it into your calories so you don't overeat. IIFYM is a thing for a reason.

>These drinks and diet sodas just increase cravings for me. It would be cool if there was an intermediate, like half-diet soda with 50-70 calories per can instead of 150.

Fair enougb, but your wish has already been answered. "Health food" stores and bigger stores like target have a pretty great selection of lower calorie sodas. One of them is the "Dry" brand that is like 50 kcal a bottle IIRC.

Thanks man, haven't had one in years so I forgot.

Complex carbs, especially soluble fibers. eg. bowl of oats with milk, bananas, cinnamon, and some molasses/cane sugar.

A tasty whey protein

>One of those could be swapping cheap as fuck ice cream for more expensive sorbet. Then you can either feel the cost of your habits in your wallet, or you can have a small, lower calorie bowl of ice cream.

That's true, I'll do some strict price comparisons tomorrow.

>"Health food" stores and bigger stores like target have a pretty great selection of lower calorie sodas. One of them is the "Dry" brand that is like 50 kcal a bottle IIRC.

Never seen these but I'll check different stores.

This will have even more calories than the ice cream m8

>t would be cool if there was an intermediate, like half-diet soda with 50-70 calories per can instead of 150.

lmgtfy.com/?q=coke life
lmgtfy.com/?q=pepsi next

>coke life
>pepsi next

wtf

neat, wonder if there are generic versions of these

Just don't buy sweets, only reason I don't eat sleeves of cookies is because I keep it out of my house

>Just don't buy sweets

na, this is the only pleasure I have

no one said it would be easy, maybe if you write down all the bad shit you eat, you'll be able to control yourself better by seeing the magnitude more objectively

I feel you, OP. I really love chocolate and pastries. I have been avoiding pastries for a week with success but ate a whole bar of chocolate today. Aside from grapes an apples, I eat strawberries (unsweetened frozen ones) with sugar free chocolate syrup.