Has your perception of the average body changed since going to the gym?

Has your perception of the average body changed since going to the gym?

>16in arms
>Gets called scrawny on Veeky Forums
>Now wears hoodies when out in public.
>Won't date unless at 10% bodyfat.
>Always check the room to see if anyone is bigger/leaner.
>If so, i put my head down, not possible to be alpha or attractive.

I actually lift to keep my brain healthy.

>5'9"

>Goes anywhere other than gym
>I am more aesthetic than everyone
>Go to gym
>These guys look pretty good, guess I've got something to keep me motivated
>Go on Veeky Forums
>I AM A FUCKING DYEL MANLET
>FUCK YOUR BROSPLIT FAGGOT
>FUCK YOUR BODYBUILDING BULLSHIT
>READ THE STICKY
>CHUG GALLONS OF MILK
>DEADLIFT LMAO8PL8 OR YOU'RE WEAK
>JUST READ THE STICKY, DRINK MILK, DEADLIFT, EAT BUCKETS OF LARD, DO BENCH PRESS ON THE SQUAT MACHINE, BECOME A FAT GYNO RHYNO ALREADY YOU DYEL MANLET FAGGOT TRUST ME, IT WORKS, BULKING AND CUTTING IS A MEME, JUST FUCKING DEADLIFT AND EAT PIZZA EVERY NIGHT WHILE DOWNING INDUSTRIAL SIZED BUCKETS OF MILK, YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT
>Self esteem takes a blow
>Now self conscious and paranoid as fuck, compares myself to everyone
>Go to gym
>OH FUCK everyone is better than me, time to stop wearing these sleeveless shirts and cover up my noodle arms with hoodies and t shirts, fuck I'm such a dyel
>Start disregarding Veeky Forums
>I am more aesthetic than everyone
>Go to gym
>These guys look pretty good, guess I've got something to keep me motivated

>180lb 1RM bench

thinking of killing myself desu

holy fuck I though I was a dicklet at 7*5

Made me feel brrtty gud. Thx op we gonna nake it

180 lb 1rm is pretty good for untrained peeps. i wonder how they tested this

They probably just asked and 180 lbs was the average of the DYEL's lies

The average guy is pretty heavy in America so a sub-bodyweight 1rm isn't unreasonable

>See manlet
>Think "when will they learn"

why are you doing a brosplit?
Post pic? Veeky Forums standards are much higher than almost anywhere else.

>average number of pull ups
>1

ha
> lifting 2 years now
> 150 max bench
kill me now

I actually quit out of embarrassment for a while but I'm going again now.

R U Me?

I think more of men who lift and less of men who don't. I noticemost guys have noodle arms and no ass.

Daily reminder this is Veeky Forums

>5.08 avg American penis length

kek

The average weight in their 20s is 168lbs though, like it says in the chart. 180lbs 1RM is pretty much 107% bodyweight bench press. Kinda hard to believe when I only was able to bench 190 for 5 @165 after like 4 months of training. Sounds like normies overestimating their bench. They probably did a weight for 5-10 reps and just calculated their 1RM.

>2 years lifting
>150 1rm
How fucking long are your arms? Do you still weigh 100lbs? Fucking eat something.

I used to think fit looking people just won the genetic lottery, but now I realize pretty much every one of them works out in the gym but doesn't talk about it. They actually only mention it if you ask them about it. Then I realized how autistic I was in my first 2 months of lifting fucking telling everyone "Yeah, I'm working out now. Haha"

You're thinking too much. The entire image is troll.
>~$1000 on vitamins yearly
>1 pullup on average with 30 pushups and 180lb bench
>18% average bf

>30 pushups
>only 1 pullup
Holy shit, how did I not notice this. This is complete bullshit.

Yeah, pretty much the same, but it started with the Veeky Forums bit in caps and ended with the first bit. Fat neckbeards on a peruvian pottery bazaar claiming that they got to 1/2/3/4 in 6 months don't make me feel bad about my progress.
Reached my goal body and not even lifting any more. Doing stuff at home for maintenance and picked up other sports like climbing and MMA.
>tfw dodged body dysmorphia

Pretty much this

>lifting regularly for 2 years
>6' tall 235lbs
>compare body to GUESS MY BF% threads on Veeky Forums
>similar bodies to mine are pelted with comments like LMAO 35% MINIMUM FAT GOMAD FUCK OLOL
>even though ive lost a lot of weight and put on gains i must still look like shit if thats the case
>get a physical since obviously im in shit shape and need to get serious about my lifting
>DEXA scan is part of it
>tech running the scan asks if im a personal trainer or athlete
>laugh and say no
>tech seems confused. "oh, well you have a lot of muscle mass for someone who isnt"
>BF% comes back as 20%
>fat free mass is 188lbs
>bone density is almost literally off the chart
>tech points out my lat and ab insertions on the scan, says ive got a huge v-taper and should consider bodybuilding
>leave the office feeling like i won the lottery
>reflection in mirror went from fat fuck to bearmode instantly
>learned that Veeky Forums is only good for shitposting and wanking to high test girls
>mfw

Making it means that you realize that Veeky Forums posters are mostly fat neckbeards who don't lift and e-stating DYELS. You should measure your progress relative to normies and maybe people in your gym, not anonymous faggots here.

Insecure faggot detected

>20%
>doesn't want to cut
Well stay unaesthetic then.

Veeky Forums in absolute shambles after this entirely accurate shellacking.

I know guys who can lat pull down over 200 lbs but cant pull their fat ass up once.

Is that why I get evil glares when I do 3 x 10 pull-ups from the guy at the lat machine?

Plz be b8

This place has only made me think everyone is bigger than me. I don't think I've been anywhere where I think I'm the biggest person there.

>Get comments from female friends.
>"Wow, user, the gym is really paying off for you!
(Used to be spooky skelly)
>They feel on my arms, touch my chest without permission
>"I need an adult! I need an adult!"
>Still feel like a scrawny shit thanks to Veeky Forums
>Realize no one will love me until I have 16 inch arms

Is this even tested?

The average 165lb dude in his 20s isn't benching 180 unless they actually train which if you do you're no longer an "average American joe."

Maybe I'm just salty because I worked my ass off to get to 2pl8 bench.

>1 pull up
>180 bench

However they got these numbers, they did something fucking wrong

If you can bench 180 even once I have real doubts you'd only be able to do 1 pullup.

>goes on Veeky Forums
>everyone looks better than me
>goes to the gym
>everyone looks better than me

Well, I guess Veeky Forums has a point. I'm hot garbage. Gotta hit the weights harder.

>implying it isn't self-reported

This,

1 year in I hit 1/2/3/4 and thought I looked pretty good but apparently my lifts are babby weights and I look like shit.

I've gone full cocoon mode and don't wear cut offs or anything anymore until I can hit 4pl8 squat and 3pl8 bench.

It's so depressing that I feel good about how my arms look right after a pump, but then it fades, like my hope of ever >yfw gf

when will you learn?

Is it? Fucking kek.

Fit makes me feel so weak, but everyone I've talked to irl, no matter how fit, has had some unimpressive stats by fit standards.
Coworker of mine with big pecs benches 180 for reps, other with like 3% bodyfat and super visible abs does like 170 max bench, chef built like a powerlifter who's been lifting for a decade has 3pl8 squat and 4pl8 deadlift
Every time I come here I feel bad about my 110 OHP, 178 Bench, and 365 deadlift (I'm 6'4" 180 lbs), but in any real life situation I realize I'm making it

>Bench 275x3
>Still look dyel

How much do I need to bench before I look like I lift?

/fit:
>get called skinny fat
>everyone suggests I just take roids so I won't look pathetic

IRL:
>you're fucking huge bro
>how much do you bench?
>Physiotherapist won't stop massaging shoulders, always tells me how firm and muscular I am
>Girls and other dudes touch my arms and delts

It's good for hormone regulation and general fitness, including neurological health. Being too intelligent to lift is b8
>Be me
>Not sure if responding to b8 or not

I have 18 inch arms (not fatceps) and nobody lives me

495x8

Well, when I get 16s and realize no one loves me still, I'll shoot for 18s

>Physiotherapist won't stop massaging shoulders, always tells me how firm and muscular I am
Uhm...that just feels very inapproptiate dude

I've always been slender. Superhuman metabolism.

All that matters to me is how strong I am compared to other men I meet. If they train, I commend them. If they don't, I look down upon them.

including asians

If she weren't so old I would smash.

This bothers me for some reason...
Ive gotten fit aswell and the "types" i guess of girls i notice mire the most?
40-45+ers

Why?
I want the 18-24 year olds to drool over my veiny arms and they do too but...i dunno

>DEADLIFT LMAO8PL8 OR YOU'RE WEAK
That one is true.

>Has your perception of the average body changed since you started lifting?

Yes, I notice everyone's shitty posture, mainly their arched upper backs and their sloped necks.

I also notice when a female has good posture and an athletic frame, there is this one cheerleader in my chem lab who has that joocey booty, thin waste and broad shoulders (for a girl) and it's fucking hot as fuck. I really want to ask her out, but I'm not sure if she's interested. She smiled for the first time I've seen and it was at me and she's always looking at me, but I'm still unsure. Plus there is at least a 7 year age difference between us.

>Veeky Forums is only there to ruin your selfesteem
Yep, truth right here

>874$
On what?

>12:17 per mile
thats too slow. I don't believe it

>17,6% average bf
considering the amout of fatties, this actually seems too low

>I really want to ask her out, but I'm not sure if she's interested.
Literally the best way to find out you mongoloid.
If you don't ask the answer is always no.

>1 pullup
>180 lbs bench 1RM
the average american male lies his ass off too, obviously self-reported

Manlet

This.
It took me forever to bench over my body weight.

Oh I know, but I don't want to make it awkward between us because she's my assigned lab partner and I have to sit next to her for the next month until the semester is over. Then again I don't really care about her past making her my qtie highschool cheerleader gf. Hmm perhaps I will ask her out.

It's just weird cause I know I'm decent looking maybe even good looking, but whenever I ask a girl out more often than not she will say yes and then not answer my calls or flake out on a date.

It's worse than them just saying no (which isn't bad at all).

Seriously if there was a pill to make me gay I would take that shit today, fuckin' women.

It's not awkward if you don't make it awkward. I've been rejected by tons of girls I see everyday and there was no awkwardness at all after a day or two.

Just gonna quote the OP since I don't have the time to quote all the idiots ITT.

Why are you idiots comparing yourselves to others?

It's literally all of you.

Half of you are delusional and look like shit and think you are Veeky Forums because you look better than guys that DONT GO TO THE GYM LAMO.

In your case, comparing yourself to others is harmful because you STOP IMPROVING.

The other half think they look like shit because they compare themselves to Lotus, MasT, Bimbo, etc.

All of you are crazy.

COMPARE YOURSELF TO YOURSELF YESTERDAY DUMBSHITS. THAT'S THE PERSON YOU ARE AT WAR WITH.

cut idiot

I just just stopped caring because really, normies don't care. I used to do grey skull and ss before that and put on more than 30 pounds and still had visible abs. I made good gains but still had no gf, I was still confused as to why the fuck I am alive, I still felt small even though people told me I was big, and girls really didn't seem to care that much. Now I just do the types of exercise I like. I don't pay for a gym any more, I run or bike long distances everyday, do some light to medium calisthenics three times a week, and I feel better, and mentally I feel more stable. I am skinnier, but who cares, I wear a shirt all day, and still have abs and nice quads, and ok chest/shoulders with defined arms. I don't do half gomad or weird diet fads anymore, I have less acne, I am Tanner from being outside more. Honestly becoming Veeky Forums may have helped my body image, because it showed me that the gym lifestyle is cancer and getting big won't make you more confident or happy in any significant way. Just be healthy.

1/2/3/4 is GREAT unless your a meme powerlifter and the number of plates has nothing to do with aesthetics

>It's not awkward if you don't make it awkward

excellent advice senpai thank you. What do you say when they say no? "That's too bad, I'll see you later" or something along those lines?

damn how are my OHP and bench higher but my deads are only 255

you made it unless youre a gorilla, time for a cut

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN?

I just reached 180 5x5 yesterday, I'm not strong at all desu

Literally can't even do half, I should just end it now desu

yes.

or just 'ok, no problem'

Normies give fuck all about proper diet/sleep/routine. If you can 1/2/3/4 for 5RM you are better than 95% of the population.
On the other hand comparing yourself to instagram/youtube fake natties or to people in the fraud general is retarded too, unless you roid.

Appreciate it, thank you for your help

I do too. I find I'm happier after lifting.

Not full cocoon mode but iktf

>superhuman metabolism
You mean fidgety with a small appetite?

>Lifting for others doesn't make you happy
I'm glad you discovered that but disappointed it took you that fucking long.

I weigh 170lbs. I legit don't know why I look so dyel

This is a really bad shop

Height?

I have long limbs even for my height, I have good leg genetics, and shit upper body genetics
Also the first couple months of working out I was a moron and totally ignored pecs and tris

5'2

At that height you should look gigantic at that weight
At least in width lol
Post pics

Definitely. My classmates all say I'm look built and strong but I think of myself as scrawny and weak.

nigga i'm FIVE FOOT TWO
im not posting pictures

>used to never notice the physique of men and women unless they were severely fat/anorexic/muscular

>now make observations of people's physique whenever and wherever

Thats exactly why. I had some guy say "hah if you weighed as much as me you wouldnt be doing those" after doing my warm up set and I said "Yeah how much you weigh?" and grabbed the 45 lb difference and busted out eight reps which he just said "eh those are pointless anyway" smirked and basically tipped his fedora as he walked away. I just stood there shaking my head.

Pls post pics you muscly little dwarf
I think part of the reason you can bench so high but still look dyel is that the rom is only like 6"

The fuck? Seriously how? I'm a manlet for sure but I bench more than that.

I can sympathise, but only about the pump

> Stopped looking at girls now only looks at dudes
> Dudes got nice shoulder insertions, natty ?
> Dudes got nice fucking calves, does allot of work walking ?
> Dudes got perfect lat insertions and jawline, if he would work out doing this or this routine he would look insane
> etc etc
I din't ask for this

> 16 inch arms scrawny.

The only reason you see this is because Veeky Forums is predominately

1. Fat
2. Skeleton.

People don't appreciate how much being overweight adds to your bicep. Like for real, if you're overweight you'll be adding 2 - 4 inches to your bicep that isn't actual muscle.

So they measure that and are like

> PSSHHh ahahhaha n-nnnice bicep, DYEL?

When realistically if they lost about 20lbs they'd have the exact same size as the people they're dissing.

You should try eating.

>178 bench

How?