Running General

If you can't run 10 miles in under 1 hour. You are not fit.

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/conditioning-is-a-sham
youtube.com/watch?v=wJiZ2HgV5E0
youtube.com/watch?v=5iyNncvIrz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Excuse me I did a marathon last week in 8 hours, and thats really good. dont be an elitist prick

>If you can't run 10 miles in under 1 hour. You are not fit.
Fucking truth son

Da fuck? 3 miles should be 15mins or less. That literally comes down to 10 miles in 50 mins if you are moderately fit. 10 hours? Are you boogie?

A consistent sub 6 minute pace for almost half marathon is the bar for fitness? Fuck off famalam why you gotta crush my dreams

I feel bad about my 57:35 8 mile that I ran yesterday now.

Gr8

I don't run from anything except my feelings.

By that metric only 14 men in the whole of the UK are moderately fit.

Would barely survive in the Paleolithic age. Would have been a bitch by other tribe and would have to settle for garbage homo erectus bitch.
Fucking dead on the day born.

b8

Altough 10miles sub 60min is extremely fit.
I consider 10k sub 50min fit.

I cant tell if your trolling or confused miles with km or confused miles with km and are trolling anyways

And? What are you trying to argue? We should lower the standards so the fish and chips eating and beer guzzling cunts can feel better about themselves? only about 2 out of 5000 people in USA can do that time. We own this shit in the US own your pathetic existence.

>Long distance running
>Healthy
No thanks. I'd rather do sprints or 1-2 miles at most.

That's cool, brother. Continue to remain in denial about your homosexual thoughts.

Post pic
Let's see how fit you are user

I am not trolling and I did mean 10 miles. Not 10 kilometers for an hour, that's rubbish pace mate

True, sprints are the way forward

What's more impressive: benching 200kg once or benching the bar 200 times?

>Gets out of breath from eating

Enjoy your diabetes

>running
>fit

Kek.

>If you cant squat 4plate you're not fit.

Look, i can make baseless claims as well!

>Implying sprints and ~1mile of running isn't enough to keep the heart healthy
Conditioning>Long distance running.

Weighted sled pushes, suicides, etc and a 1mile cooldown jog. More than enough for a healthy heart.

>Actually thinking ANYONE needs to run multiple miles for health
It feels good to do maybe once a month but is completely unnecessary.

Typical dyel talking shit on 4chn

thx mr skeltal

Where the after pic?

> Paleolithic
> homo erectus

sick knowledge brah

Good thing as a species we've advanced much further. Now success is determined by much more than being able to run for 24 hours straight. Sorry, caveman.

Fucking DYEL's, I swear...

what on earth is the point of being able to outrun the animal if you can't actually kill it. you'd starve user, i'm sorry.

Do I lift? No. Is this /lift? No. Lmao. However this is /fit, which I indeed am unlike you you fat fucks. I gruntee my body fat is lower than all you shit cunters

Is this Paleolithic? No. Lmao. However this is modern era, in which you indeed get your anus probed by a "fat" gentleman. I guarantee my anus has lower circumference than yours.

You're just made youre fat and you lost, so you must know compare your ass hole to another man's

Running fucking blows, I enjoy lifting way more. I'll run a couple miles a few times a week to keep up my heart health but that's about it. You do know that excessive cardio causes heart hypertrophy right?

>HEY LOOK GUYS I'M A RUNNER GOTTA GO FAST

Fuck the haters. Nu-Veeky Forums are cucks who don't exercise at all, just spout memes.

Getting back into running after avoiding it for awhile. Going to work my way up to 5k daily

That's like saying you aren't strong unless you bench lmao4.5plate pretty much

The very definition of fitness includes
cardiovascular health, which you excel in
Flexibility, which you may be good in
And muscular strength, which you fail miserably in
So you're halfway there
You are no more fit and someone who lifts but doesn't run though, by definition

you are incorrect

Ky self

How effective is jogging in place? shy fatty here i do it shirtless to watch my fat jiggle as motivation

Persistence hunting is a total meme you pleb. It literally only happens as a form of religious ceremony and it's hardly ever successful (even less so than ordinary hunts among those tribes.)

Do you honestly think that Palaeolithic man hunted mammoths, bison, rhino, etc by being twink-tier marathon runners? Using methods that consume more energy in total calories than you can get out of even one or two carcasses, and being so Weak they couldn't even carry the thing back?

Skip rope is better for stationary cardio, you can add burpees and climb walks if you feel like it. Honestly man up and go outside, no one gives a fuck.

if you can't run 10 miles in under 1 hour, lift
t-nation.com/training/conditioning-is-a-sham

I've done 11 miles in 90 minutes.

That's the furthest I've ever run (jogged).

I did 8 miles in 1hr 9mins on Wednesday, I usually do 5 milers at around 38mins so I was pretty pleased, never run past 6.5 miles before and really started to slow down over the last mile or so, but it was fun.

if you can't swim 100m in under a minute you are not fit. (25m pool does count)

If you can't do a weighted pull up with 100% of your bodyweight added, you are not fit.

Reminder that the Tarahumara who are super great at running (away from defeats) live in the shittiest part of the desert because they were pushed there by more successful tribes.

Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl. >mfw thinking of you hurting
Listen here little baby. You're gonna get a lot of hurtful and degrading comments, but that ain't what I'm about. Let me just say, you are perfect the way you are. You hear me sugar? PERFECT. Don't ever change. You deserve anything and everything you want. Stay safe for me, baby girl.

>mfw thinking of you hurting

just did my army assessment and banged out 1.5 miles in 9:30, felt so good I'd started out being unable to even finish 2.4km a few months ago

t-thanks Veeky Forums wouldn't have done it without you

the basic human hunting method is literally just chasing the animal down until it drops from exhaustion. it's called coursing. a few people still do it. a human in peak physical condition can catch ANY animal, except a dog. humans are the 2nd fastest animal in terms of endurance running, dogs are the 1st. many animals can put on much faster sprints, but, if you can track them, follow them, you'll catch them.

this guy hunts all sorts of animals with his barehand. it's pretty fucking hilarious actually, he sneaks up on a fox and grabs the fucking thing and it goes crazy. he seems to enjoy trolling poisonous snakes and dangerous animals, and then brutally molesting them.

forgot link youtube.com/watch?v=wJiZ2HgV5E0 "catching wild animals barehanded"

youtube.com/watch?v=5iyNncvIrz8 "how to catch a kangaroo, disguised as an emu" lmfao

Is this sufficient for preparing for army bootcamp?
2 days of 400m intervals 6-8 sets
1 day of LSD 6-8 miles

Though this is obviously an absurd claim, thought Veeky Forums might enjoy some perspective. I ran D1 in college (though I was a scrub) and doing a sub 1 hour clocking for 10 miles on hilly backroads by my house was my indicator that I was in 15:40-16:00 shape for 5k on the track.

I can barely bring myself to run an 8 minute mile twice a week. Lifting weights is just a lot more fun.

If you can't ride a bike 100 miles with 4000 feet of elevation gain in under 6 hours, you're not fit.

>riding a bike
If you cannot fly around the earth during peak solar flare season, don't even consider yourself in shape.

>he can't ride a measly 100 miles on a bike
LOL, fag xDDDDD

>implying persistence running was common or viable

Dude doesn't need to chase his food, he has tools for that shit. Only the most retard tier humans thought chasing their food for miles was a good idea.

By that definition I'm fit, and I haven't ran more than 200 meters in months.

>implying hunting isn't a stealth maneuver

>not going to the moon and back under heavy cosmic ray bombardment

not gonna make it

I can do 21 km in 2 hours

that's it

I'm also a fucking dyel

If you can't do the Kessel run in 12 parsecs or less, you're not a fit pilot.

What're you running from? Chemotherapy?

More like 2 of 5 million.