How long do you have to strentch before you can perform squats with perfect form...

How long do you have to strentch before you can perform squats with perfect form? It's been about 2 months now and my progression is ass because of this. My max was literally 120 lbs and now I'm starting with the bar again.

Also is it worth quitting a STEM major so I can work early in order to pay for jaw surgery? I'm a baby faced uggo (srs) and this shit is really depressing me.

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/active_hip_2_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>considering quitting a good major that will probably result in a good job
>just to work early and pay for jaw surgery
Maybe you should consider sudoku

can you third world squat?

Yeah but I'm wasting my youth and I could always go back. Being ugly is really shit dude, like I can't stress this enough. People treat you like a subhuman something it sucks.

When I try, my heels raise up which is why I've been stretching my hamstrings.

Have you tried low-bar squat/ lifting shoes? Typically those will atleast get you in the game so to speak.

I keep hearing that low bar squats are "cheating" but if you suggest them I'll try thanks.

>is it worth quitting a STEM major so I can work early in order to pay for jaw surgery?
was just thinking the same thing desu

I say dont worry too much about depth.

Post a video.
Don't restart with the bar like a reddit retard.

Do high bar and go down as far as you can without significantly rounding your back.
Stretch your adductors and glutes.

i can't believe someone actually fell for the "low bar squat is a meme" meme.

the whole point is, do what feels good to you. i started out high bar squatting and it never felt quite right. i tried lowbar and continued with that.

another important point, everyone's proportions are different. do not look at some famous squatter and think you have to look exactly like that when squatting. just keep the bar over midfoot, that's all that matters.

also, try fucking with your stand width to find out what works for you.

are you me

Grow a beard or something. Once you get that stem degree you can make mad dosh and get any woman you want. Unless you're a fag, them money won't help as much. Also stretch your adductors and glutes and wear a track suit. Or watch Kelly starett pre squat sequence

I'm 19 so my beard has good coverage but thin around the cheeks. Why is it a bad idea to continue my studies later?

you'll never be good enough if you can't love yourself. the jaw is a symptom, not the illness

lowbar squats are for fags

Feel your pain OP, can't even get close too parallel without falling back. Been stretching for 6 months.....

Weightlifting shoes has not fixed it for me either. Considering sudoku

Bruv are you fucking dumb? High bar and low bar work completely different muscle groups.

Ever notice that most PL'ers have poverty quads compared to oly lifters?

you will never perform a perfect squat perfectly. even the best lifters always have some amount of imperfection.

but to answer your question, 99,99% of people do NOT need to stretch to be able to squat. it's about technique and buying proper lifting shoes. the elevated heel helps.

Are you fucking retarded? Show me ONE actually strong powerlifter with small legs.

It's not just my jaw, it's a lot of things. Crooked nose, receding hairline, etc. I've been called ugly a number of times from friends and family.

I come from a family of Chads and Stacies and somehow my genetics got screwed along the way, dunno what happened.

>cherry picking ELITE powerlifters compared to your average PL

gr8 b8 m8 are you still in your first year of lifting?

Because you don't know when your field (possibly) gets saturated later. Friend of mine was doing chemistry something related to pharmaceuticals or something and took a 3 year break to dick around, when he returned and graduated he had trouble finding a job because there were barely any openings and apparently there was an influx of chem graduates that graduated 2 years before him. Also try losing weight, maybe your facial structure isn't that bad without the baby-fat.

> completely different muscle groups

what, you don't use your quads during a lowbar? fuck off. you use them less, maybe, but you don't suddenly start using muscles you don't use with the other.

In 165 lbs at 6'1

Anyway I think I'm fine, I'm planning on going to med school and my grades are good so I'm not too worried.

You should be able to squat your own body weight on your first day at the gym. If you're having problems with flexibility, I suggest wearing sandals to help you with the correct foot posture. You should be able to squat way more wearing sandals

>heels raise up
>stretch hamstring
you fucking mongoloid
stretch your calves

No, bench and squat use completely different muscle groups. Low bar and high bar work the same muscle groups, only a little differently. Don't call people retarded when you have more chromosomes than iq points

Just be born as Slav and be able to squat with perfect form anytime.

>bodyweight squats first day at the gym
where have i seen this before

>sudoku
>my loudest most glorious kek

OP i had this problem and it frustrated me for seriously like half a year. i stretched everything in my legs and core, got actually pretty far with front split progressions, still couldn't squat to depth without my lower back rounding.

then i found this:
startingstrength.com/articles/active_hip_2_rippetoe.pdf

i knew that the key to god depth was pushing out the knees, but then i read a line in that ink when says something like "most people will not push their knees out enough unless coached often and loudly to do so".

so thats what i did and it worked. knees out as far as you can possibly push them (chances are it wont be too far since you probably aren't crazy mobile). on the way down, force knees out. in the hole, force knees out. befre coming up, force knees out. coming up, force knees out. every single inch that your hips move throughout the entire motion, push your fuckin knees out.

one issue, however: i could already squat to depth with decent weight before i did this. and what i found was that i couldnt force my knees out with anything less than about 200lbs, as the necessary force sticking me to the ground was not there for me to stick my knees out and not just go up on the sides of my feet.

hope this was helpful. i was suprised as fuck when i first did it. when i use decent weight i can touch my ass to my ankles with a straight back. without forcing my knees out i still can't get below parallel with a straight back.

First day on Veeky Forums?

I think it mentions it in that article, but the vital thing about forcing knees out is that it not only helps you get to depth, it stops you going so deep you lose all tension in your back and hamstrings.

>placing the bar 2 inches further down my back uses a completely different muscle group

kek, squatting in general uses around 50% of your total musculature to do dude.

2 inches is enough to shift your centre of gravity such that he movement is comparitively completely different

obviously its not 'completely different muscle groups' but its not exactly the same ones either. if you think otherwise then i suspect you've not had much experience with both styles.

Not him, but how are the muscles worked differently in each style?

the centre of gravity is above the centre of your foot no matter what you retard, because if it wasnt you'd fall over.

All low bar squatting does is slightly shortens your leverages/ROM and allows you to move more weight doing the essentially the same movement. There may be some minor increase hamstring in activation with low bar squats but thats literally it. You use the exact same muscles to keep the bar over your midfoot because you still have to hold it in place with your core, spinal erectors etc etc.

desu the way you decide to squat matters much more than the bar placement. a lowbar squat where you push your knees forward and try to be upright can be harder on your quads than a highbar squat where you keep your knees back and use hip drahve as much as you can

Anyone tells you to to "deload to the bar" is a huckster. Anyone who tells you to do months of "corrective stretching and exercise" in order to do an easily achieved human movement is a huckster.

This industry, including half the idiotic shills on Veeky Forums, is full of scam artists.
"Low bar is cheating"? Jesus christ, it's a difference of like one inch and maybe 15 degrees of back angle.
Play around with technique. Find what lets you break parallel. Once you have that, you're good.
Jesus christ.

>>cherry picking ELITE powerlifters compared to your average PL

So, by your argument, should I be finding random non-Olympians doing Olympic lifts as an example of development?

It could be something other than stretching/mobility.

You could just not have the right stance width or foot position for your own build/leverages.

Try moving your feet out wider, try narrower, point your toes out rather than straight ahead.

fucking idiots

only good comment in this fucking thread

how do i stop knee pain? im squatting ~260 for reps but my knees have started to hurt

Deload

god you're retarded

So is everyone on Veeky Forums a newfag normie after all?

Honestly bruv. Stay in school. Then when you get out the first thing, no. THE FIRST FUCKING THING you buy with your stem monies is a vasectomy. After that get your jaw surgery, best of all worlds. My beautiful children don't have to deal with your hidious spawn. You have up to at least 50 to fuck hot sluts, and you have the money to pay the bills while you work at gaming them.

>god you're retarded
?

I'm not a burger if that's what your thinking