BCE

>BCE
>CE
Is there any point to why we should start using these time periods instead of the Christian one other than the fact that it doesn't trigger autistic neckbeards who go apeshit everytime Christianity gets mentioned?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your prof might mark you down if you don't.

Other than that, literally nobody cares.

*christianism
Judaism, buddhism, hinduism, etc... (Islamism = Islam too, too bad it became a swear word)
Could you stop being such special snowflakes?

>start
Don't look now, but it's already standard. I bet you hate the metric system too.

Jesus wasn't born in 1AD so why call it that? CE and BCE are the same dating system without the mistaken attribution, plus they trigger christfag autists. It's win-win.

Christianism sounds weird.

But CE and BCE are still based around the birth of Jesus, incorrect or not

It really goes to show just how much hatred the Jews hold for Jesus Christ, and Christians in general, but if you knew the story of the addition symbol this wouldn't come as a surprise.

let's fix the other irregularities in English before we deal your irrelevent horseshit

>couple additional letters depict extreme hatred
Kek

>Being too retarded to see the bigger picture
FFS

Almost got me.

Why write colour instead of color?
Why say tomayto when you can say tohmahto?

>tfw BC - AD is more aesthetic and objectively better text formatting
they just had to add that extra letter to throw everything off balance, huh? Who's gonna wanna look at data tables where some of the entries are offset by one character? Did they even think for a SECOND about the havoc they'd cause? Or did they just not care??

>Christian Era and Before Christian Era
>somehow less Christian oriented

>tfw no anglo
>tfw safe from this bullshit
Thank God

It's funny you mention autistic neckbeards being triggered when it's you faggots that keep whinging about BCE/CE, and who have an autistic enough lack of understanding of other people to think that making these threads constantly is going to do anything other than piss people who don't have an opinion on the issue - and so encourage them to use BC/BCE on Veeky Forums at least

This, that extra letter really triggers my autism.

>became more widely used in the mid-19th century by Jewish academics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Era

dubs confirm

Yeah I never really gave a shit about the whole thing before, I use whichever one is most appropriate given the context, but the fact that we have this thread EVERY FUCKING DAY is really bringing me around to the CE/BCE side.

it's confusing and annoying, like the french trying to change the names of the months during their histrionic revolution

I hate people that do this and hope they step in droppings on the road

>I'm such a snowflake that one word sounding different than other words that mean similar things makes me angry

"AD" = "Anno Domini" = "Year of the Lord".

Nowadays we don't have a very clear sense of what a "lord" is. We use the word "Lord" to mean the same thing as God, and in various phrases like "House of Lords".

You live in the Medieval period. Your "Lord" is the guy who lets you live on the land that he owns and eke out a miserable existence as a subsistence farmer, or lets you live in town and practise your slightly more lucrative trade.

If you pay him enough in taxes then he will let you live. If not, he will probably not kill you directly -- all he has to do is kick you off your farm or out of town. You will become a travelling mendicant with a short lifespan.

Your Lord has a Lord too, up to the King. The priests say that even your King has a Lord, i.e. the Lord God, who is the Lord over all of humanity, including you. But effectively, the King is the top Lord in your life.

The Lord God treats you in approximately the same way that your actual Lord does:
- Makes laws that you have to follow
- Orders you around
- Takes money from you
- Gets mad at you if you don't show loyalty to him
- Has you cast out if you don't conform

If I don't believe in The Lord, why should I be forced to specify some date as being 'The Year X of the Lord"?

Because the change from "BCE" to "CE" is still based around the LORD Jesus Christ so changing the name does nothing other than obscure this historical fact regardless of whether you personally believe it.

No, 1 CE is just the start of the "Christian Era", which is a legitimate historical term for a period of time, named after the dominant belief that originated the era.

CE stands for "Common Era" see

They're not tho, they're based on a mistaken attribution of Jesus birth. BC/AD was always wrong, BCE/CE is not wrong.

It's "common era", not "christian era".

so if we just think aloud "Christian Era" when we see C.E. you would be fine with it?

All the better.

>"They're not tho"
>proceeds to explain how they are