He thinks he is good with women because of muscles

>he thinks he is good with women because of muscles
>but he cannot dance
Daily reminder what takes you 3 months takes 1 night with a guy who dances Bachata, why don't you learn to dance fit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zECXDflkIBQ).
youtube.com/watch?v=ACFKysw0TfU).
youtube.com/watch?v=Sqo3VrQkswU
youtube.com/watch?v=hzBtVO-rI0s
youtube.com/watch?v=MI7g_QbuIfA
youtube.com/watch?v=STaxXwZ6PpQ)
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNahg3OjUs
youtube.com/watch?v=rRaPVTetseI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you man. I can't dance because no place in my area sells Dancin' Shoes™ and I forgot my Amazon password.

I took ballroom dancing in high school. Can I play with the cool kids?

At my bar-mitzfa I won the dancing contest. Stupid goyim

>dancing
and while you're eating her pussy I'll be fucking her in the ass

D-Does it count as dancing if it's just you alone in your bedroom playing k-pop and tapping yr feet?

Amateur championship international standard here. Not me, but one of these finalists is someone that kicked my ass at a different event (youtube.com/watch?v=zECXDflkIBQ).

Sure, learning some bachata can get you laid with an easily impressed non-dancer (and bachata is a fun bar dance), but the same rule as lifting applies. Girls that are into you specifically because of your dancing care about shit like proper lead-follow and other skill that takes a lot of work to develop.

For the record, ceroc, kizomba and zouk are the crossfit of dancing.

Enjoy warming up the woman for Chad so shes nice and limber when he fucks her.

I've been trying, I'm worried I'll never reach takesomecrime mode though.

He makes me wet, no homo

so you're telling me I can get laid or steal a girls heart by dancing with her? how long until I get to panty soaker mode?

>he can't close

tfw i can dance salsa and other caribbean music but can't grind bc i feel like i look ridiculous.

t. self conscious af

Because my mother never held me so I'm terrified of physical intimacy. Haha, jokes on you OP!

There are a lot of styles, so choose one that you like or has music you like. Do this for 2 reasons. First, you're more likely to enjoy it even if you feel awkward about the concept of dance and second, because girls that like music like that style dance...that style.

Don't force yourself to salsa if you hate latin music because if you date someone from that scene chances are they will listen to that music a lot.

Good starting dances:
1. Swing dancing (Jazz Music) - Globally popular with about 50-100+ people in most major US cities. Generally friendly couch-surfing culture. Includes styles from Blues (usually slow) to Balboa (usually fast). I'm biased, but I started here.
2. West Coast Swing (Pop Music) - Similar movement patterns as swing, but danced to pop music. Lots of cross-over here between mediocre WCS and top-tier partnered untz-untz club dancing.
3. Salsa (Latin Music) - Latin social dancing. I'm shit at this. I avoid this. Lots of people enjoy it. Huge social scene and lots of social dancing at bars.
4. Country Western (Country Music) - If you do this, do not become the asshole that wrenches girls arms around and does dangerous dips. This scene is (sigh) super-tolerant of that shit socially, but if you're trying to hook up, don't injure or scare your partner.

More to come.

hope it was couple 48 that kicked your ass... not one of the others

>tfw too terrified of dancing because I cant get that close to a female and hold eye contact

Soooo funny I forgot to laugh...

Cont.

Other options include ballroom (American and/or International style, Latin and/or Standard...Includes cha-cha, waltz, etc...) and Argentine tango.

Ballroom is fun, but social scenes are hard to find. Other social-only scenes live and die on the $5 cover they charge you to go and you can go from nothing to dancing in 1 evening and nothing to a proficient beginner state in ~3 months of once a week dancing or 1 year of once a month dancing. Ballroom makes money on $50+ local studio "competitions" and lesson series so the age profile is a bit older and finding your region's "core" social scene with the 20-25 age good dancers take a bit of detective work. Argentine tango is a dancer's dance (Blues also falls here). What I mean by that is that the learning curve is just slightly more forgiving than dwarf fortress and the community takes a bit of warming up before you get house party invitations, which is the true heart of Argentine tango dancing.

So stick with suggestions from the first post and be willing to dedicate about 3 hours per week (1 hour beginner lesson and stay for the open dancing afterwards), and you'll go from nothing to markedly better than non-dancers in about 1-2 months.

Big general tips:
1) Dancing is almost always about natural movement. If it feels wrong, think about how you would do it if you wanted it to feel right. There are some weird moves, but they won't come up unless you stick around long enough to know I'm partially lying to you here.
2) All scenes have a pretty strong protective culture about pick-ups. Don't get me wrong, there's a really, really large swinging and hook-up culture in swing dancing, but try to focus on enjoying yourself first and making friends in the community.
3) Never, ever, ever injure your follow. For the love of fuck, if nothing else, just don't injure your dance partner. Dancing is non-verbal talking and wrenching arms is like interrupting and yelling.

Best of luck.

I'm a white guy so I'm not obligated to know how to dance especially since most dances these days are nigger or spic dances.

Sadly most of them would probably kick my ass even on a bad day for them, and this was not a strong field. I just picked it up in college, and a lot of the top amateurs start at a very young age and are basically waiting on pros to retire because winning lets you command more $ during private lessons and pro division judging is ~80% skill but 20% politics.

I could lie and say I was better since, you know...internet, but I was regionally good at best.

Ballroom dancing is kind-of weird, especially because they have a ton of different federations and levels that don't matter at a low level but come into play at a level where you're making rent money. Ballroom politics pisses me off just thinking about it. Here's a video of Tal and Vlada kicking everyone's ass at a collegiate competition (youtube.com/watch?v=ACFKysw0TfU). They were the couple that were the main antagonists in Silver Linings Playbook.

Dancing is for losers who need an excuse to be within a few feet of a female because otherwise they wouldn't be there
I know a lot of guys who've gone the dancing route to get over their fear of women and they're all fuckin beta to the core

>Dancing is for losers who need an excuse to be within a few feet of a female because otherwise they wouldn't be there
I know a lot of guys who've gone the dancing route to get over their fear of women and they're all fuckin beta to the core

Sorry Duncan, didn't mean to tag on your swing dance classes, I know you're practicing your shimmy really hard

L O W

T E S T
>youtube.com/watch?v=Sqo3VrQkswU
>mfw he doesnt want to fuck high test hispanics on the dance floor
>mfw he doesnt like the super foreplay it gives

> Daily reminder what takes you 3 months takes 1 night with a guy who dances Bachata, why don't you learn to dance fit?

is this english?

no, this is patrick

vintage meme

ver nice (borat)

>mfw the girl who friendzoned me was literally asking to fuck after I took her to a latin club

haHAA

WutFace 2016 haHAA using old memes WutFace

>you were regional at best

user, I've worked at the Chicago Crystal Ball for the last few years, and you're pretty good if you could have competed in that

General reminder though, that to be a good dancer, you have to be somewhat in shape.

Top Dancing Cultures:
> Ballroom Latin
Hells yeah. Show off your moves while not looking like a tool, because your partner also knows stuff. Expect sexy fit men & women (no homo), with a lot of hispanics
>Ballroom Smooth
Still pretty ok. Not as visually exciting as latin, but requires at least as much control. Snazzy outfits. Expect young white folks, who are still pretty hot.
>Club Latin
See above Latin, except you look like a tool. Expect mexican Chads, and Chads who can't actually dance. Expect hispanics.
>Swing
You'll be dancing with an overweight middle aged woman who won't stop giggling at dancing with 'a strong, young man like you'. Expect some decent mixed dancers, and cringe-y white people.

tfw swing looks the most interesting

ahhhhh yes, tal and vlada... i felt she grounded tal a bit, which was interesting to watch. he and ilana seem to be doing well.

im ugly so it doesnt matter either way

>c'mere user lets dance, I heard you like swing!

i dont want TO FUCKING LEARN SPIC DANCES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had an overweight ugly friends still pull some 8/10 women because he could dance very well

Hey there friendo, swing really is one of the most fun, but most swing places only teach you how to move really fast, and neglect form and all the little things that REALLY pull it together.

You'll find a lot of people who just like the 20's aesthetic.

If you really want to learn swing, find a place that teaches ballroom as well (NOT ARTHUR MURRAY) and learn triple step and jive. Lindy Hop is so boring, and Aerial is just stupid, and can't actually be used for proper social dancing.

Warning signs of bad swing place
>they instruct you to verbally tell your partner what you're going to do next
>they don't teach you any form
>If a woman has her left arm on anything but the y-shaped muscle near your tricep, that's wrong form. Some places literally just say 'put it wherever'
>stunts

I once danced with a woman who looked almost exactly like this. Nice person, terrible dancer, literally pulled my off balance. Must have been about my weight, and a foot shorter.

Go for it then. Straight talk, user is right about Ballroom Latin though, but not entirely right about swing. Sure there is that group of people (and yes, it's probably about 1/3 of the scene in the city I'm in now), but I have the same problem if I drop in at a random Fred Astaire or Arthur Murray McBallroom studio. There are some amazing dancers at all of those, but there's some not amazing dancers too.

All of the scenes do usually have an event that naurally caters to younger people though. For example there is a swing dance on Sundays in my city that is a 50/50 mix of old/young. There's another dance on Wednesday's at a bar downtown that's mostly

>I'm glad you hate those spics dancing as much as I do
>look at those dirty spics dance!
>youtube.com/watch?v=hzBtVO-rI0s
>anyway user lets go dance some swing!
>you're welcome btw, for gracing you with my presence as im the prettiest woman in here but I chose you

Fuck dancing. I don't lift for bitches, that's just a byproduct.

You're telling us to do some shit we don't like in the least just to get pussy. That's pathetic, OP. Give her all your money and suck up to her momma while you're at it smooth guy.

All these replies and not one hip hop dancer here? Who else /popping/ here? Any tips for cleaner hits without limiting range of motion?

You are making poor Frankie cry son. You are absolutely right that there is a lot of bad swing dancing (Ceroc...fuckin' ceroc), and you are again absolutely right that you should run away if you see those signs, but lindy hop is a ton of fun if danced well.

I consider Jive to be a related but entirely different dance that split off from social swing just like west coast swing has split. The up v. down motion through the swung beat creates a very different feel. From a musical perspective syllabus Jive is a pain in the ass to keep phrased to the music (6-count East Coast is as well, 8-count Lindy phrases easier to 4/4 Jazz).

To each their own. You make a lot of good points, but I think you're selling Lindy a bit short, and it has been my experience that ballroom studios that teach "Lindy" just re-badge Rhythm swing which is really a shame. Jive is it's own dance (that I enjoy), but I consider rhythm swing to be the true abomination.

When I talked about , I was talking about how the places advertise themselves. The absolute worst was the swing club in college; arial swing, no form. You had these people who would perform acrobatics, but couldn't actually dance with someone they hadn't practiced with before.

Glad you found a good place, though.

Spot on about social vs competitive though, though I feel social is the target range to competitive's warzone.

what are you gay?
Do you seriously think lifting is more fun than this?
youtube.com/watch?v=hzBtVO-rI0s

Im going to start going to hip hop dancing classes with a friend of my girlfriends, what am I in for user?

Oh, yeah. With this clarification you are 100% spot on. Aerials have no place on the social floor.

HOLY FUCK

IS THIS THE TRUE CHAD?
>youtube.com/watch?v=hzBtVO-rI0s
FUCK

THESE WOMEN ARE LITERALLY LINED UP TO JUST HAVE 20 SECONDS WITH HIM

I'm willing to be wrong on this. Most of the places I've seen 'Lindy' were small studios/aforementioned college club, so it might well be just Rhythm swing.

THANK you. All the time there, it was aerial, and everyone looked at me like I was crazy when I mentioned that people didn't do this at competitions or in more set venues.

>b-b-ut it's swing dancing! We're just doing it a different way
You're gunning to break Myrtle's hip there.
>Remember: Say what stunt you're going to do before you do it!
Had me raging. Dancing is nonverbal communication.

Dude, they just see the camera pointed at him and want to be recorded and be a 'star'

Did you misquote me? I'm not a manlet

>I'm not a manlet
>hip hop dancing classes

Bro im not convinced
>youtube.com/watch?v=MI7g_QbuIfA
why didn't anyone tell me to go learn to dance?

Whats wrong with hip hop dancing classes?

>Whats wrong with hip hop dancing classes?

Thinking about your point though, I really enjoy Lindy, but that's coming from someone who now has a number of years of ballroom experience.
...so when you say to learn swing dancing from someone with ballroom experience and I think that my swing experience was better...although I started swing first, most of the time I was doing swing with ballroom experience.

Which kind-of proves your point.

I don't have an appropriate image, but I am appropriately disappointing in myself for not realizing that sooner in our discussion.

In my culture its very important that a man dances at weddings and stuff, even if its not his own wedding. Since I was a child i have been constantly nagged to dance and ALWAYS refused. Parents, relatives and every other cunt tapping on my shoulder and yelling at me through loud music "come on dance user you're a strong young man" NO FUCK OFF FUCK YOU AND FUCK YOUR MUSIC
In my entire life i have danced once. Once. I was 12 years old, my father was extremely drunk and pissed, he was yelling at me really loud, making a scene and i was afraid he was gonna beat the shit out of me right then and there. So I danced. I am never going to dance again. I dont care if it will get me laid. This time id rather have my dad beat the shit out of me.

Hey bro, there's no shame here, no need for disappointment.

Swing dancing is kind of like [spoiler]crossfit[/spoiler]. When done properly and with good instruction, all is well and good. A lot of time though, it's a poor attempt at something beautiful and useful, [spoiler]ballroom/actually working out[/spoiler], and makes everyone involved look stupid while they congratulate themselves on how talented and cultured they are.

>say what stunt you're going to do before you do it

SHINKUU~

You are exaggerating.

But not by much.

>ballroom

Swing is a ballroom style. What is your interpretation of "ballroom" as an encompassing style?

I learned erotic dancing when Magic Mike was a big thing. Honestly, proud of it. It's fun stuff to bust out at bars and parties. Acceptable form of cardio, too. Worth all of your time to learn it in my opinion, it's a pretty nice full body workout when you get good.

>ballroom
that includes swing. Some of the people in the swing places wanted to learn how to dance, but then were taught to kind of just hop around and call it dancing.

You know how some people just bend their knees, weight on toes and call it a squat? It's kind of like that.

Not the poster you tagged, but the other half of that conversation. For me ballroom is:

International Standard Ballroom:
1. Waltz
2. Tango
3. Foxtrot
4. Quickstep
5. Viennese Waltz

International Standard Latin:
1. Rumba
2. Cha cha
3. Samba
4. Jive
5. Paso Doble

American Smooth:
1. Waltz
2. Tango
3. Foxtrot
4. Viennese Waltz
5. Peabody, but not really.

American Rhythm:
1. Rumba
2. Cha cha
3. Mambo
4. Swing
5. Bolero

Namely, the dances specified on USISTD.org. Specific syllabus requirements for closed-syllabus dancers differ, but USISTD and NDCA basically cover collegiate dancing and you don't have to get into the WDC/WDSF political madness.

"Nightclub" (my opinion) is just social dancing at a ballroom event and should be taken not seriously at all. Common dances that get thrown in here include:

Salsa
West Coast Swing
Nightclub Two-Step
Progressive Two-Step
Country Two-Step
Polka
Lindy Hop
Argentine Tango
Bachata
Meringue

So when I say ballroom to a dancer, I mean either all 4 or specifically International Standard depending on context. When I say ballroom to a non-dancer, I mean Standard and Smooth and I'll explicitly name Latin/Rhythm.

ah gotcha

That's actually very enlightening.
*nods appreciatively in your direction*

If you're interested, i suggest it. You can start dancing for about $5-15 and if you like it you can pick up shoes for about $40. Ballroom splits into "levels" and a lot of studios split classes this way even for non-competitive learning. The lower levels (Newcomer, Bronze, Silver, Gold) have fixed sets of steps with defined entrances and exits which makes it easier to pick up but takes some of the creativity out. Social dancing has no syllabus and higher-level (Novice, Pre-Champ, Champ) competitive dancing is similarly open.

To make things confusing there's also age brackets and collegiate dancing exists in its own space outside the rest of the ballroom system.

Ignore all this and just focus on enjoying the dancing. The intricacies of the ballroom hierarchy are stupid and boring and don't involve any dancing at all.

Although we've kind-of ragged on chain studios here, in part because they have their own internal syllabi that don't line up with anyone else, if you go to any studio you will (a) learn something and (b) learn by word of mouth where the other studios and other dancing is if you get more serious.

That's fucking gay as fuck dude

>>he thinks he is good with women because of muscles

No, I'm good with women because I'm not a beta cuk that does stuff solely to impress women.

> why don't you learn to dance fit?

See above???

What's the name of that dance when you bob your knees up an down and make reload animations from first person shooters? I'm great at that one.

>come on user dance we won't judge you were just having fun!
>wow you really suck..
Blocked them all on snap and registered their numbers as spam
Now do you see why I never "loosen up"!?!?!?!

my yoga teacher actually said I have a good body for dance, being muscular and flexible. I think that there could be a real benefit to pickup chicks if I try it, I'll have to ask her more about it. Chicks love dirty dancing if they have actually seen it.

Thanks for the info, I like the sound of swing and salsa. I'll have to look into it.

You are a faggot

u r a jelly, bet you can't even touch your toes

I mean, it works though

I'll admit, I wouldn't consider myself beta by far, but I'm not a hulk Veeky Forumsizen just yet, and I've been pulling chicks easy with dancing.

Unfortunately, I don't get to practice those latin dances, they look cool to do, I only get to do grinding type dances because that's what the music usually is all about at the parties I go to.

Still though, if I could get more Veeky Forums I probably won't really have to dance with someone to get close to them, so I get what you mean.

But if it works, it works my dude! I've gotten with 23 chicks in a span of 3 yeas, at least 8 of them I can call right now and ask for a blowie

>why didn't anyone tell me to go learn to dance?

Man, if only there was some kind of deeply-ingrained cultural canon establishing a connection between dancing, pleasure and romance in people's minds from childhood. It could've made everything so much easier.

bruh ballroom dancing is fucking easy i learned how to swing in an intermediate level in less than a month

>Aerials have no place on the social floor.
I danced ballroom for a few years on and off and nowadays only do Lindy Hop and
gotta disagree here. I wouldn't do it with someone I don't know but a simple throw out
(youtube.com/watch?v=STaxXwZ6PpQ) is technically an aerial and in my opinion can be easily done even in a social setting.
Also what kind of schools/clubs whatever did you guys go to that stuff like this
>they instruct you to verbally tell your partner what you're going to do next
happens. Not even in the most ridiculously shitty school have I ever seen or rather heard that.
>they don't teach you any form
I had an interesting experience end on the other end here. Where they had several lessons of just correct posture bouncing etc. before they really started on the basic steps. Honestly thought that was retarded as well.

actually, hair loss is a sign of high testosterone... everything else is spot on

Just asked a qt dancer friend of mine what type of dance I should learn.

>Tfw my gf hates her
>Tfw I just realised she might offer to teach me
>Tfw my boner may literally explode if that happens

Whew.

What type of dancing would be a good started one?

>Zouk
Fuck I hate that shit

Salsa is the funniest social dance, if not the most intimate, but still very seductive

>Ballroom Latin
Like Cha Cha and tango?
Anything else?

I'd recommend starting with a standard/latin course. They're quite common, you get to learn a lot of different dances and can then focus on what you like.

>tfw gangsta disses your fly girl

bachata

Ok, perhaps I will. I was also told I might enjoy ballroom. I think the qt dance friend may also be angling to get me to try bachata with her when I get slightly more experienced. I didn't realise it was quite so sexual, so I think I came off as a sperg in that convo.

Kek, the qt dancer friend of mine apparently is a huge bachata fan, and she's recently started it. How do I into bachata? Being able to bust out even one or two super simple steps would be hilarious to those not expecting it.

Kek'd

I have no sense of rhythm, is there anything I can do to change this? Like a video with exercises I can do?

make beats on fl12 for a while (lol) you'll eventually create rhytm (lol)

So you people are telling me that if I like the idea of dancing to club music, I have to learn ballroom? That sounds wrong as fuck.

:(

I just want to move with the groove senpai

>tfw quads too big to learn to dance

>an amputee can dance
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCNahg3OjUs

>a dog can dance
youtube.com/watch?v=rRaPVTetseI

bro, you can dance

...Bruh.

You can go from nothing to a decent beginner in under a month, and intermediate is a really wide classification, but even on the beginner-intermediate side of the scale that's like going to Planet Fitness and calling yourself Mr. Olympia because you can outlift the pizza gnomes.

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, but even if you are a gifted learner your teachers are probably not good enough to transfer that much knowledge that fast. Good troll though, I had a whole response partially typed up before I realized.

No, we got off on a tangent. If you want to club dance, go do club dancing. Learning other styles on the side might help you because it gives you perspective, but it's like lifting. The best way to get better at the thing you want to do is to do that thing.

For example, salsa, swing, and ballroom latin/rhythm might make you more aware of how to do an underarm turn in a way that looks good (keep the elbow down, make a halo over her head, not a huge circle, generally choose between movement and rotation to make motions clearer, etc...). Learning any solo movement might give you perspective that often it looks better to keep your club dancing lower (i.e. move your ass and legs, don't dance like Carlton up high), but you can also learn all that just by going club dancing.

But, point 1 stands; If you want to get better at club dancing you have to go out club dancing.

Hip hop is fine and it gives you some basic moves to break out at the club, but it's just too entry level. Eventually, you'll want to pick up other styles: break if you want to get in awesome shape, pop if you need quarters and don't mind performing for hours in public locations, modern if think you want to have sex with girls but actually want to suck off dudes, and locking if you're convinced the next decade is the 1970s.