How did the Germans in WW1 feel about fighting colored troops? I know in WW2 they were seen as racially inferior

How did the Germans in WW1 feel about fighting colored troops? I know in WW2 they were seen as racially inferior

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_du_bois_d'Eraine
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_sénégalais_de_Chasselay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_prisoners_of_war_in_World_War_II#African_and_Arab_prisoners
youtu.be/Sr-mhKreJqo?t=22
theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/britain-destroyed-records-colonial-crimes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maji_Maji_Rebellion
necrometrics.com/wars19c.htm#Sudan1884
necrometrics.com/20c100k.htm#Maji-Maji
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askari
press.princeton.edu/titles/10925.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scared. It's harder to fight them at night.

FPBP

Later in the war probably not much, just another man have to kill, another man to be killed by in the brutal shitfest that where the trenches.

The same they feel while fighting white troops

bulgarians thought they were fighting literal demons

>How did the Germans in WW1 feel about fighting Americans?

They would have been seen as racially inferior in WW1 too. It just wouldn't have been as big a point of contention as in WW2.

There was some propaganda mocking black troops, particular those used by France. I'm unsure how the average German soldier felt about them, I'm sure many probably did view them as inferior but most probably didn't care that much as it wasn't that important to the situation at hand.

Didn't they fight alongside them in east Africa?

>glorious
>massacre
C*nfeds anyone?

Their women absolutely loved their dicks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhineland_Bastard

They had a realistic view of the negro

Ah, rape babies.

>rape
knowing g*rman women they gladly spread their legs for blacks

amerindian women were the same way

Germans had their own colonial black troops.
>muh nazis were extremely racist

>The term "Rhineland Bastard" can be traced back to 1919, just after World War I, when Entente troops, most of them French, occupied the Rhineland.[1] A relatively high number of German women married soldiers from the occupying forces, while many others had children by them out of wedlock (hence the disparaging label "bastards"). The resulting children numbered from 160,000 to 180,000, including with white French soldiers.[2] Richard Evans suggests the number of mixed race children among them was not more than five or six hundred.[3]

>I know in WW2 they were seen as racially inferior
You make it sound like other countries had not seen them as inferior.

Yeah. The KKK were 5 million men strong in the USA in 1930. Anti-racists usually don't have a clue how recent these modern ideas are, WWII was not about fighting for the rights of black people against evil baddie nazis. Heaps of allied WWII vets without doubt regretted fighting in the war after seeing towards what the world is going to.

They, like everyone else obviously viewed them as racially inferior but they were generally more afraid because colonial troops were not very prone to taking prisoners. Therefore the Germans responded in kind

considering the distances between most trenches they probably couldn't even tell they were fighting niggers.

Anglo propagand becomes more grotesque every year.
The whole eugenics and racism concept was imported from the US. Germany had Askaris fighting for the country and paying them pensions well after 1945. These were people seen as inferior to Europeans but still valuable individuals who faught for Germany.
Entente/allied countries treated their colored troops like shit and segregated them for a very long time. They were also second class citizens. See liberation of Paris when no black people were allowed to disturb the picture. and so on.
I really wish people would critically look at their own country's history and find out that there are no big differences in all critical fields. It's certainly much easier to have a scapegoat whenever truth rears its ugly head.

Yeah but they were portrayed in the colonies, so were hence only being deployed against other colonial troops. The part where the Germans got angry is that the French had the nerve to use these colored troops in Europe against whites.

The US and Europe are different places. There was racism in Europe, but it was less pronounced against blacks than in the US, because the average European didn't have anything to do with blacks, and so didn't care about them. By contrast in the US the US Americans lived with blacks constantly, and so just like in Europe how living next to another ethnicity was a source of tension, thus race was a dividing line in the US. Europe was divided much more along class lines and national lines, racial tensions weren't as significant, other than the Jews (I know, I know, Jews aren't a race, but it is a useful comparison). European racism came out more in the colonies, where the division was black vs. white, and there mostly among the petit blancs, while upper class people, while charmingly dismissive of the people they ruled over, weren't vehemently racist like lower class people who were competing directly with colonized people.

A lot of American black soldiers found the experience with the French quite nice, French commanders got a lot of reprimands from the Americans for treating the American blacks like people, for French women fraternizing with them, and for the occasional salacious drawings(. French colonial troops generally were looked on quite favorably. The good comparison to the US though is colonial workers, who were brought in to take the jobs of regular workers so they could go fight on the front. Those people got a lot of hate against them, which shows that once competition starts to come into play, racism comes out. When the nigger is fighting on the lines for you against the German, he's a stand-up if probably primitive and uncivilized guy, when he's taking your job to send YOU to the front line....

>How did the Germans in WW1 feel about fighting colored troops?
They considered them lesser humans
it was their main weapon in anti-french propaganda

>Germans had askaris and paid them pensions
They also sterilized the Rhineland bastards and massacred thousands of French colonial troops in 1940. The reason why the Askaris got treated so well is because it was a good political move, they wanted to show that the Africans liked them to counter the charge that they had done terrible and brutal crimes in their colonies and they couldn't have them back in the interests of the local people. It was their own propaganda campaign to respond to the Anglo's propaganda campaign against them (although the Anglo's propaganda campaign was actually true in this case given the genocide the Germans did in Namibia and the rash of massacres, artificial famines, and massacres in Tanzania, which the Anglos mostly did to other white people, the Boers, instead of to Africans, kek. The eternal Anglo really does hate the white race and all.)

You are comparing 3 different political systems and come to the conclusion that the treatment of the Askaris was a propaganda move?
I highly doubt anyone gave a shit about colonial massacres. Everyone had them and they were directed at inferior people refusing the blessings of civilization.
Also British crimes against himanity aren' "mostly" directed at other white people. That's once again anglo propaganda at work. 50 million dead from man made famines in India are just one example. Running concentration camps in Kenya way after WW2 with at least 150k victims is another. Their current help for the Saudi massacres in Yemen is a third.
The colonial powers are all guilty of these crimes.

>I know in WW2 they were seen as racially inferior

You don't "know" shit moron, stop buying into post-war allied atrocity propaganda

Yes, it was a propaganda move. The pensions paid to them were kept up by Weimar quite explicitly as part of countering the claim that the Germans were uniquely evil to Africans.
If you notice too, I specified that the Anglos in Africa directed their most egregious crimes against the Boers, within the period of time which is applicable. Elsewhere, they murdered a shit-ton of people, and they did so in Africa, but the only thing they fought on the scale of the Germans and their genocide in Namibia it was against the Boers. The Germans murdered hundreds of thousands of people in Nambia and Tanzania alone. There wasn't anything on that scale or intensity that the French or British did in sub-Saharan Africa in conquering it.

fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_du_bois_d'Eraine
fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_sénégalais_de_Chasselay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_prisoners_of_war_in_World_War_II#African_and_Arab_prisoners
they sure were nice to them in 1940...

youtu.be/Sr-mhKreJqo?t=22
i wonder how many german propagandists fought harder for less in siberia

most of them, probably

>G*rmans
>feel

I am aware of 40 to 60k dead herero and about 20k dead Nama in Namibia and know of cruel treatment of Tanzanians. I have no idea what kind of gencidal scale treatment you in Tanzania you could refer to. Please help me out where you get "hundreds of thousands"
Boer Concentration camps amount to 25k dead people. Mau Mau uprising at the very least 20k dead. We will never know what else they hide as they simply destroyed the files
theguardian.com/uk/2012/apr/18/britain-destroyed-records-colonial-crimes

I forgot the slave trade. Not exactly a humanitarian act either.

I remember a chapter in Storm of Steel about fighting Indians, and Junger finding dead men with turbans instead of helmets. He seemed to respect their abilities, iirc

>O-Oh look, this anecdotal picture proves all of you guys wrong!

Stupid nigger, kys

You people need to stop talking shit. Germans had no particular issue with black or brown troops and used them themselves. Sure they weren't valued as highly as native Germans but that went for a lot of Wehrmacht troops.

>hurr durr nazi's went crazy about anyone without blue eyes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maji_Maji_Rebellion
The estimates run 250k-300k dead in that alone, plus the Hehe rebellion and the Abushiri revolt.
The Mau Mau was after WW2, so it wasn't available in the Askiri/German colonial legacy ideological battle in the 1920s and 1930s when it still had any importance.

>including with white French soldiers
There were no French soldiers in Rhineland, instead, colonial troops were used because the French Gov feared that French took revenge on Germans.

>Maji_Maji_Rebellion
Thanks

This site places the Mahdist revolt's death toll at 5.5 million necrometrics.com/wars19c.htm#Sudan1884
and the Maji maji Uprising at 175k necrometrics.com/20c100k.htm#Maji-Maji

Not that easy to find numbers

> they sterilized the bastards
Based.

Germans treated black American POWs on the Western Front better than Slavic POWs on the Eastern Front.

fucking ugly. At least asian/euro mix can create a good looking boy.

>that chapter in Storm of Steel when he's fighting poo-in-da-loos

I think the biggest effect the colonial troops had on the Germans was the knowledge that they didn't have any of their own to throw in the war on their side.

ahem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Askari

However they didn't really fight outside of their continent.

Who do you think commanded the colonial troops genius? Starting from sergent they were all whites, that's a lot of dudes.

>The whole eugenics and racism concept was imported from the US.
You see: Eugenics in the USA and elsewhere in Europe was mostly concerned with eliminating congenital defects and "character defects." While some groups were racist, most were pretty much after shit like hairlips, the retarded, and the clinically insane. Though it has been debated that repeat Criminal offenders be sterilized as well.

German """"Eugenics""""" was racially charged, whole races were considered defects, in addition to having shit objectives like "HURR WE MUST BREED BLUE EYED BLONDE BABBIES."

press.princeton.edu/titles/10925.html
Yeah no.

>seen as
Niggers are racially inferior, and always will be.

>Russian collaborators from WW2 are WW1 German colonial troops
wow...