Do you consider Calisthenics/Street Workout dyel meme training or not Veeky Forums ?

Do you consider Calisthenics/Street Workout dyel meme training or not Veeky Forums ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvYNE5cgBkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes, it is intentionally depriving yourself of potential gains.

Are you white? Then yes that's just yoga
Are you black? OK sorry didn't mean nothing by it

Who is it dyel? It's just a different form of exercise. Heck some of the shit they do is really impressive

>Yes, it is intentionally depriving yourself of potential gains.

Best if you can manage to combine it with normal weight training, that way you can get the gains as well as the movement.

If you aren't trying to look like either Ronnie Coleman or Mark Ripjew Veeky Forums won't like it
And also every other physique is dyel

pics like this is showing the .01% of crossfitters at crossfit games and saying that cross will get you jacked. Calisthenics is categorically worse at building muscle than progressive overload free weight training. You can still makes gains but they WILL be slower.

>source: me and common sense

My bro

theres always one retard natty who will post a guy on gear in hopes of looking like him.
Put this in perspective. He he looks anything like zyzz aesthetic wise, hes not natt, period.

There are 5 dyel as fuck numales that come to MY gym and spend their entire workout doing fancy pullups, like where they pretend to be climbing stairs and shit. They all take turns on 1 particular pull up bar MY gym has to offer. Saw their legs once in the changeroom and it looked like they were in wheelchairs for 50 years. Fucking pathetic.

Not a huge fan of the 'street workout' stuff. Most of the time its just endless pullups and odd ass variations for the sake of showing off.

Calisthenics is blatantly god-awful at any sort of leg development. Once you're past plyos for legs and you're doing pistol squats for days, you've got nowhere to go except barbells.

Rings and other upper-body work is passable if you want decent power-to-weight work and mid-sized muscle, but isn't as linear to progress, harder to track, and takes a lot more time than lifting. All the tendon prep work slows it down further. 8-12 week steady state cycles to switch between front lever variations is a killer when you could be adding lbs to a barbell.

So what i can do if i can't afford both pullup bar and dumbells/barbells?

Find a tree or childrens playground.

So the pullup bar plus bodyweight exercises are enough for a beginner?

I would say the Calisthenics is an ok starting point for beginners.
Want to find out if you have the dedication to actually stick to a workout regime?
Want to try and build a modest amount of muscle?
Do you have recurring nightmares about holding on to the edge of a cliff and not being able to pull yourself up?

After a few months the gains you make will fall off quite drastically but it's free, 24 hours and better than nothing.

Calisthenics combined with cardio is king if you have the genetics for it, and I'm talking no rest day every day unless injured military exercises.

shut the fuck up

>i call someone i dont know my bro because he watched the same youtube video that i did

>Calisthenics combined with cardio is king
how?
and what you mean by "if you have genetics for it"?

>Doing the exercise best suited for your genetics is king

>Being big is the only kind of gains worth mentioning
>agility, explosiveness, endurance and mobility is inferior to size

It's really only useful if you're going to be a professional athlete otherwise nobody gives a shit.

depends

initially for fat fucks its great since they dont hit the plateau since their bodywight most likely exceeds what they can do without going into hypertrophy. i.e. a set of 3x8 pushups would be difficult enough to cause gains in a fatty, but not in a skinny person on account of them not lifting much in the first place.

if you are a skinny person its less useful since you plateau quicker. you end up being able to do more difficult exercises and progress faster, but overall you'll still look like a dyel, while the fatty will progress better.

that being said, if you just doing it for gains then dont bother. go lift weights like the rest of Veeky Forums

the only reason why you would bother is what said. if you doing it for sport related.

>being big is only useful if you're going to be a professional body builder otherwise nobody gives a shit
nobody gives a shit about your oversized muscles either other than other Veeky Forumsizens with bodydysmorphia

Get dumbbells First and foremost. Pull-up bar last (they go for $20 on craigslist - sometimes free). Surely there is a children's playground or bike rack (do the assisted/angled ones) within 20 minutes of you where you can do 6x5 negative pullups and then walk home top finish the work out.

this

>manlet
kek

This tbqhwyf.

>overall you'll still look like a dyel
Why wouldn't you just eat big?

you're developing aspects that are parallel to what weightlifting offers and what most people that lift often do without. They tax the CNS in a way that may as well be wieghtlifting,

some military dudes can do 50+ dead hang pullups at well over 200 lbs bw

Calisthenics is just gymnastics for guys who can't put up with the extreme schedule of gymnastics. The reason that the best calisfags are from the former soviet union is because they are the gymnasts who weren't good enough to make the national team

>overall you'll still look like a dyel
This is absolutely untrue

Calisthenics can replace upper body lifts for the most part if you progress to one arm stuff, but you still need to squat and deadlift.

Buy a squat rack with a pull up bar. Do body weight work until you can afford a barbell and weights.

Every military, martial artist, and strongman on the planet did and does calisthenics of some form.
It will get you jacked
It will make you strong in every single way that is important for a soldier warrior and normal man should be.

Lifting past a certain point is just masturbation, steroids while lifting past a certain point is a hobby.

"street/ghetto" workouts have roots that date back to longer then we've had fucking barbells.
Remember that.

Even Mark Rippetoe admits that push-ups are a better movement pattern than Bench Press.

Starting Strength was first published in 2005. Since that time, weight vest technology has become better and cheaper.

Now, for about the same price as a bench press setup (bar, weights, rack, bench), you can purchase a quality weight vest that will go up to 150 lbs in 3 lb increments.

With one arm push-ups, you could theoretically get pressing resistance equal to a 540 lb bench.

>Can't even do something as simple as a handspring

shills get out

t. butthurt barcuck

>pushups would be better than bench press if it was possible to increase load in the pushup position

that's why I do my calisthenics at 2G

The main advantage of barbell movements is the ability to easily load in small increments which Calisthenics used to not have.

Of course, there are other barbell advantages:

>The ability to manipulate the center of gravity for squats and place it higher on the body promotes balance.
>The ability to overhead press lighter than bodyweight and go to failure without hitting your head.
>The ability to press hard against the bench without having to hold a plank position.
>Deadlifting - Makes you good at picking up things.

An ideal program would have elements of both. For example:

>you should be about to deadlift heavy and to heavy pull-ups.
>you should be able to press your bodyweight overhead and do handstand push-ups.
>you should be able to squat two times bodyweight and pistol squat.
>you should be able to bench 1.5 times bodyweight and do one arm push-ups (strict).

Rippletoe is still trying to get the military to make olympic strength training to be a part of basic military training.

I shit you not.

>The main advantage of barbell movements is the ability to easily load in small increments which Calisthenics used to not have.
Can do the same thing with calisthenics.
It's just that people are too lazy and unaware of their own bodies to try.

>>The ability to manipulate the center of gravity for squats and place it higher on the body promotes balance.
Bodyweight squats and single leg movements are superior when it comes to balance.

>>The ability to overhead press lighter than bodyweight and go to failure without hitting your head.
You can build up to handstand quite easily with bodyweight.

>>The ability to press hard against the bench without having to hold a plank position.
That has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

>>Deadlifting - Makes you good at picking up things.
Deadlifting makes you good at deadlifting, that it has carry over into other things is a nice coincidence.
GHR is superior.

Dips and pullups are god-tier alongside deadlifts and squats.

Handstands are easy. As long as you can balance and lock the arms, you can do a handstand. What is hard is handstand push-ups. That is what I was comparing to overhead press.

Dips are the squat of the upper body.

Different user
I'm with you though
A handstand pushup is basically OHPing 150-200 pounds
It's pretty extreme

No.
Calisthenics are good as fuck for you. Most people on Veeky Forums can't even get themselves to talk to a girl, so all the """BU BU BU BU BUT MUH DYEL SIZE" fags are just sour grapes.
Not to mention, most of Veeky Forums has problems squatting with proper form, so let alone slavsquatting for more than a minute.
Calisthenics are functional and better for your body long-term.

Great for fitness, especially for the everyday person. If you're looking to body build, then it's mostly a waste of time. The only argument fit has against it, is "muh gainz." I see where they're coming from, but this narrow view of fitness can still be annoying.

OHP 150-200 pounds is nothing to someone who's intermediate or is fairly advanced in bodyweight movements.

The fuck are you guys talking about?

If your aim is to do shit like youtube.com/watch?v=qvYNE5cgBkA then I consider it Veeky Forums worthy.

Just be prepared to realize gymnastics style workouts alone may not be the best way to get the panty soaking body you want.

You're full of it

terrible pushup form

>advanced weightlifting is nothing to people who don't lift weights
hm